NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

It seems very difficult building an NX

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-21 | 12:28 PM
lsft
Racer

Originally Posted by NJRonbo
Thanks, guys! Found it!

So, the Luxury contains everything in the premium. That helped.

I built a 350h loaded with lots of accessories (door guards, wheel locks, all-weather mats, mud flaps, puddle logo lights, etc.) for the price shown below.

Not sure about the color. I like the orange. Not sure if it's a popular choice. I also want the red interior and that only comes with the dark colors.

Still deciding on that...

I love the orange and also picked Orange for my coming NX; however, I live in Canada and Orange is only available on F Sport Trims and there is no F Sport for the 350h. So you have to pick either the 350 FSport or 450h+ FSport 3 package. I opted for the FSport 3 450h+ as I like the FSport grill over the luxury/premium. It all goes to 77k CAD which is about $60k USD before taxes. There is ML in the Canadian specs too, but it does include everything except for the Advanced Parking, ML and the pano moonroof.
Old 12-02-21 | 08:58 AM
midcow3
Racer

Question Mark Levinson on NX

Is the Mark Levinson 17 speakers or only 15 speakers ( still good) as it states in the expanded details? So Mark Levinson still has a DVD player?
Old 12-02-21 | 09:03 AM
NJRonbo
Driver

Originally Posted by midcow3
Is the Mark Levinson 17 speakers or only 15 speakers ( still good) as it states in the expanded details? So Mark Levinson still has a DVD player?
That confusion may have been my fault. I may have said 17 speakers. It is 15 speakers, 835 watts.

It also has a CD/DVD player. For true audiophiles, this means if you have DVD audio discs in your collection, they should play.

(original description below taken from my build)

RIVAL THE FINEST CONCERT HALLS WITH THE 15-SPEAKER, 835-WATT

MARK LEVINSON PREMIUM SURROUND SOUND AUDIO SYSTEM .

FEATURING 7.1-CHANNEL ARCHITECTURE, A DVD/CD PLAYER AND AN

AUTOMATIC SOUND LEVELIZER (ASL), IT'S THE CULMINATION OF

LEXUS AND MARK LEVINSON ENGINEERS WORKING HAND IN HAND

TO PLAN, DEVELOP AND PLACE EVERY COMPONENT FOR THE MOST

ACCURATE REPRODUCTION OF THE ARTIST'S ORIGINAL RECORDING

POSSIBLE.

Old 12-02-21 | 09:28 AM
Geopoz
Intermediate

I believe it is a 17 speaker, 1800 watt amp. I don't believe it has a DVD player.
Old 12-02-21 | 09:30 AM
NJRonbo
Driver

Originally Posted by Geopoz
I believe it is a 17 speaker, 1800 watt amp. I don't believe it has a DVD player.
Heya Geo!

One of has to be right and the other wrong. Need to find out.

I pulled that information off of my 2022 NX 350h build with the optional Mark Levinson package that the configurator most likely overcharged me for.

Old 12-02-21 | 09:36 AM
Geopoz
Intermediate

Heya Geo!

One of has to be right and the other wrong. Need to find out.

I pulled that information off of my 2022 NX 350h build with the optional Mark Levinson package that the configurator most likely overcharged me for.
Yes, it's deceiving, I still think it's a 17 speaker.. Under the pricing on the summary it's a 17 speaker, if you read the description it's a 15. If you look at any images or videos you won't see a dvd.
Old 12-02-21 | 09:38 AM
NJRonbo
Driver

Yes, it's deceiving, I still think it's a 17 speaker.. Under the pricing on the summary it's a 17 speaker, if you read the description it's a 15. If you look at any images or videos you won't see a dvd.
Your word is good enough for me.

Is there at least a CD drive or is it just MP3 supported?
Old 12-02-21 | 09:49 AM
Geopoz
Intermediate

I can be wrong, I'm just going by what I've read and videos that I watched.
Old 12-02-21 | 09:57 AM
NJRonbo
Driver

I can be wrong, I'm just going by what I've read and videos that I watched.
Geo,

Yeah, it is 17 speakers. Went to my YouTube account and saw this new review which the reviewer points out the stereo system capacity

Don't see any kind of optical drive anywhere in the vehicle so I am assuming that has been removed and Lexus is using an older year's description on the 2022 build for the Lexus system.
Old 12-02-21 | 10:18 AM
Geopoz
Intermediate

See if you can pull up a video with the infotainment. If they show the setting for the M.L. you might see what your looking for
Old 12-02-21 | 10:34 AM
NJRonbo
Driver

See if you can pull up a video with the infotainment. If they show the setting for the M.L. you might see what your looking for
Geo,

This is probably one of the better descriptions of the Infotainment system. It even addresses an older question of how to control SIRI or HEY GOOGLE if there is no voice button on the steering wheel. (Hint: You can still do it)

However, nowhere in sight is a CD/DVD player. Unless I am really missing something, this looks to be an optical drive-less vehicle.

Old 12-02-21 | 12:51 PM
Geopoz
Intermediate

Like I said if you can find a video showing the settings for the audio, you might see something like fast forward or backwards. Something that will tell you what's there.
Old 12-02-21 | 01:00 PM
NJRonbo
Driver

Like I said if you can find a video showing the settings for the audio, you might see something like fast forward or backwards. Something that will tell you what's there.
Geo, go to Lexus' site and look at (in this case) the NX 350h product page. Click on the gallery. The second photo in is a very detailed photo of the front interior. There is no stereo system in that vehicle other than the screen. Unless they put the CD player in the back seat, there is none.

I am really not surprised. Cars manufacturers have been removing CD players for years. I just irked when it happens in a high-end luxury vehicle.

If you google CD players in cars, Lexus comes up as one of the few companies left that offer them. However, again, I don't see the player in the interior photos and no YouTube video on infotainment mentions them (there are only a few videos up on the topic and I have watched them all)
Old 12-02-21 | 01:13 PM
Geopoz
Intermediate

Ron, I think we are answering our own question.
Old 12-02-21 | 01:18 PM
lsft
Racer

Geo, go to Lexus' site and look at (in this case) the NX 350h product page. Click on the gallery. The second photo in is a very detailed photo of the front interior. There is no stereo system in that vehicle other than the screen. Unless they put the CD player in the back seat, there is none.

I am really not surprised. Cars manufacturers have been removing CD players for years. I just irked when it happens in a high-end luxury vehicle.

If you google CD players in cars, Lexus comes up as one of the few companies left that offer them. However, again, I don't see the player in the interior photos and no YouTube video on infotainment mentions them (there are only a few videos up on the topic and I have watched them all)
I believe Japan's NX will still have a CD player and it's above the Qi charger. North America and Europe does not have the CD player anymore.

Check 4:05 in this video and you will see a CD player.

Last edited by lsft; 12-02-21 at 01:25 PM.

Quick Reply: It seems very difficult building an NX