Received 567 Likes on 375 Posts
Post from build-out Mark Levinson , 17 speaker , no DVD/CD player

Old 12-02-21, 09:13 PM
midcow3
Racer

Question

Originally Posted by lsft
I believe Japan's NX will still have a CD player and it's above the Qi charger. North America and Europe does not have the CD player anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN7NM3NIe9E

Check 4:05 in this video and you will see a CD player.
I looked at video several times, I do not see a CD/DVD player at 4:05, sorry
Old 12-02-21, 10:25 PM
lsft
Racer

Received 600 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by midcow3
I looked at video several times, I do not see a CD/DVD player at 4:05, sorry
Let's try another video. Around 16:35

Old 12-02-21, 11:06 PM
midcow3
Racer

Thumbs up

https://youtu.be/N5JJUEarMUI
Let's try another video. Around 16:35

Looks like you are correct, a CD/DVD player is on some Mark Levinson systems in some countries. I am in USA and it doesn't look like the CD/DVD player is on the Mark Levinson NX systems in USA which is very interesting because in USA you can't even get the Mark Levinson system on the 2022 NX 450h+ autos.
Old 12-03-21, 06:04 AM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 109 Posts

I want the CD player!!
Old 12-03-21, 06:46 AM
NJRonbo
Driver

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Xanadu350
I want the CD player!!
Doesn't look like it's an option here in the states. I hope I'm wrong.
Old 12-03-21, 08:16 AM
lsft
Racer

Originally Posted by NJRonbo
It's not available in North America. It's funny a lot of people make fun of Lexus still having a CD Player, but a lot of people still want a CD player. Reality is.. I haven't put a CD in my 2018 NX.. but using streaming /bluetooth throughout.

Maybe your only option is a USB CD player? Not sure if that will work or not.
Old 12-03-21, 08:50 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 719 Likes on 526 Posts

It's not available in North America. It's funny a lot of people make fun of Lexus still having a CD Player, but a lot of people still want a CD player. Reality is.. I haven't put a CD in my 2018 NX.. but using streaming /bluetooth throughout.

Maybe your only option is a USB CD player? Not sure if that will work or not.
Excellent point. I haven’t used a CD player in a vehicle since my 2004 model year car. All of then since have had Bluetooth and I have either played music stored on my mobile phone, streamed pandora or listened to satellite radio. Perhaps a reasonable option would be to put your music on a USB flash drive? I doubt a standard USB CD player will work but it would be interesting to try and see…
Old 12-03-21, 09:07 AM
NJRonbo
Driver

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by TechNut
Excellent point. I haven’t used a CD player in a vehicle since my 2004 model year car. All of then since have had Bluetooth and I have either played music stored on my mobile phone, streamed pandora or listened to satellite radio. Perhaps a reasonable option would be to put your music on a USB flash drive? I doubt a standard USB CD player will work but it would be interesting to try and see…
I think we live in the era where everyone mostly plays their music from their phone or USB drive while in their vehicle.

Not having a CD drive doesn't anger me, though as I stated, it's frustrating that when buying a luxury vehicle it isn't included. And, apparently, Lexus had been offering DVD as an option on other vehicles, which for those that enjoy DVD-A audio discs (and I own quite a few), they really show off how good of an installed stereo system you have.

Old 01-18-22, 08:33 PM
lsft
Racer

Originally Posted by TechNut
​​​​​​Video from someone in Japan with USB DVD player. Not sure if it works outside of Japan.

Old 01-20-22, 11:29 AM
rlee131
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need Help

I have not used forum in years and don't really understand how to find an answer to the question I have so sorry if I'm in the wrong place. Here is the question I have.
I live in CA San Francisco Bay area and none of the dealers have the 2022 450H+ in stock to view. The only way you can get one is tell them what you are looking for and put down a deposit and get on a list When one comes in you can view and decide if you want it. The question I have is what type tires are on the vehicle . In CA in order to drive an AWD vehicle in the snow without tire chains the tire must have a stamp on it indicating Mud & Snow Typical stamps are M&S or M/S None of the dealers know if the tires have that all they say is they believe there are ALL SEASON tires Well not all season tires have that stamp. Does anyone know if the car comes with the tires having a M&S stamp
Sorry if I have posted in wrong area If I have maybe someone can direct be to the correct location
Old 01-20-22, 12:00 PM
VomieroEmu
Driver School Candidate

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Xanadu350
I want the CD player!!
Originally Posted by NJRonbo

Haha - you guys are showing your age.

I legitimately haven't used a CD player in a car since... probably 2004 when the iPod mini came out. I just plugged that into the AUX port of my car.

Even my 60 year old parents haven't used CDs in at least 10 years.

Last edited by VomieroEmu; 01-20-22 at 12:06 PM.
Old 05-01-22, 01:27 PM
Randyp1234
Advanced

Received 236 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by VomieroEmu
Haha - you guys are showing your age.

I legitimately haven't used a CD player in a car since... probably 2004 when the iPod mini came out. I just plugged that into the AUX port of my car.

Even my 60 year old parents haven't used CDs in at least 10 years.
Audio books from the library.
Old 05-01-22, 07:14 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by rlee131
I have not used forum in years and don't really understand how to find an answer to the question I have so sorry if I'm in the wrong place. Here is the question I have.
I live in CA San Francisco Bay area and none of the dealers have the 2022 450H+ in stock to view. The only way you can get one is tell them what you are looking for and put down a deposit and get on a list When one comes in you can view and decide if you want it. The question I have is what type tires are on the vehicle . In CA in order to drive an AWD vehicle in the snow without tire chains the tire must have a stamp on it indicating Mud & Snow Typical stamps are M&S or M/S None of the dealers know if the tires have that all they say is they believe there are ALL SEASON tires Well not all season tires have that stamp. Does anyone know if the car comes with the tires having a M&S stamp
Sorry if I have posted in wrong area If I have maybe someone can direct be to the correct location
Generally no one knows beforehand. Vehicles (applies to all makes) leave the factory with whatever the flavor of the week is tire wise. My LC for example came with Dunlop’s, but some came with Bridgestone’s, others had something else. They're all generally equivalent, but you‘ll never know in advance. Worst case you have to swap out tires.
Old 05-01-22, 07:19 PM
Randyp1234
Advanced

Received 236 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by rlee131
I thought the NX's came with the Bridgestone run flats. I doubt they're M/S. We're supposed to get ours this week and I'll try to remember to come back here and post if they are.

Randy

Quick Reply: It seems very difficult building an NX