NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

It seems very difficult building an NX

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-21, 05:21 AM
NJRonbo
Driver

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
Default It seems very difficult building an NX

I will admit, perhaps I just don't understand the building process.

I am trying to build the ultimate 2022 for my liking. However, it seems like you can't really get a vehicle with everything you want.

I started with the 450h+ (non sport) and found that (unless I am doing something wrong) it doesn't come with HUD or a Mark Levinson 17-speaker system.

I then jumped down to the 350h. There is a wealth of packages, but if you want HUD you have to drop down from the Luxury package to the Premium and that seems to drop features.

I want to be very careful about complaining about this. This is my first Lexus, but it just seems like you can't have every major option you want without dropping something else. I may just be doing something wrong, so please be patient and kind with your replies.

Old 11-13-21, 08:22 AM
deadduck
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I believe the HUD requires the premium package but it can be added to the luxury package because the luxury package requires the premium package. Or, it's just included on some vehicles, because Toyota/Lexus does what Toyota/Lexus does, and you'll like it.

The 450+ does come with a HUD although I don't think I can prove it. Mark Levinson is extra.

Probably have to wait for the vehicles to start showing up at this point.

It does appear that you can custom order a Lexus, but, Lexus may decide that you don't really want that because you are a Californian or something. I spent a lot of time looking at Toyota Venza's and the configuration I wanted never, not once, appeared in California but it did in Nevada and Oregon.

So, even if you can configure it, you may not be able to get it without some serious gymnastics.
Old 11-13-21, 09:33 AM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 109 Posts

The Mark Levinson cannot be built on a 450h+ model. I think that was covered on another thread here. Any 450h+ will never come in with ML. That’s one of the reasons I won’t get a 450h+
Old 11-13-21, 10:19 AM
NJRonbo
Driver

Originally Posted by Xanadu350
The Mark Levinson cannot be built on a 450h+ model. I think that was covered on another thread here. Any 450h+ will never come in with ML. That’s one of the reasons I won’t get a 450h+

Then it's the hybrid model for me. Saves me a crapload of money too.
Old 11-13-21, 02:47 PM
deadduck
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Xanadu350
My mistake then. Thanks for the correction. Hope I'm not wrong on the HUD too.
Old 11-14-21, 09:06 AM
goatee
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

If anyone knows the answers to these questions about the 2022 NX, I would appreciate it.
1. Do the hybrid models require regular 87 octane gasoline or premium?
2.. It doesn't look like the Surround View Monitor is available with the Premium Package. Is this true? If this is true, then that's a lot to pay for that feature.
Old 11-14-21, 10:42 AM
Enfusion
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NJRonbo
I then jumped down to the 350h. There is a wealth of packages, but if you want HUD you have to drop down from the Luxury package to the Premium and that seems to drop features.
Made an account just to help out. The HUD is already included in the Luxury 350h package. If you try to add it, it won’t allow you to.

Last edited by Enfusion; 11-14-21 at 04:18 PM.
Old 11-14-21, 03:54 PM
trstack
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

More BS… too many packages and options overlaps that put a 350h with reasonable options in the $53k range, Cut the crap line item BS and give us a decent vehicle under $50k. Anything over that and it’s on the RX.
Old 11-14-21, 07:27 PM
RXWes
Lead Lap

Received 105 Likes on 81 Posts

Unless your special ordering a specific vehicle. Lexus will have pre made packages for all the cars.

And the cars will be more expensive. The old NX you could get a no sunroof or GPS. Not on the new NX. The 2023 RX will probably get all the same upgrades. So get a 2022 while you can.
Old 11-15-21, 07:14 AM
deadduck
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RXWes
Unless your special ordering a specific vehicle. Lexus will have pre made packages for all the cars.

And the cars will be more expensive. The old NX you could get a no sunroof or GPS. Not on the new NX. The 2023 RX will probably get all the same upgrades. So get a 2022 while you can.
Both things I could live without. And there’s a bunch of $8/mo packages to make a lot of other stuff work.

Old 11-21-21, 10:01 PM
midcow3
Racer

Received 567 Likes on 375 Posts
Post answers

Originally Posted by goatee
If anyone knows the answers to these questions about the 2022 NX, I would appreciate it.
1. Do the hybrid models require regular 87 octane gasoline or premium?
2.. It doesn't look like the Surround View Monitor is available with the Premium Package. Is this true? If this is true, then that's a lot to pay for that feature.
1. The engine has a 14.0 compression ratio and 91 octane gasoline is recommended. The initial discussion with Lexus dealer is that they use mid-grade 89 for all autos including RX 450h and plan toon NX 350h and NX 450h+. ...And looking at and lot and lots of discussion forums you can actually run 87 octanes, regular, and the engine will adjust to prevent knocking ( pre-mature detonation) with the only effect minimal loss of Horsepower ( ~ 5 Hp) and possible minimal mileage (probably won't see actually). I personally plan to run regular ( 87 octanes) in a 2022 NX 350h.

2, Unfortunately, according to what I have seen in the configurator you are correct.

PANORAMIC VIEW MONITOR,* LANE CHANGE ASSIST,* FRONT CROSS-TRAFFIC ALERT* AND STEERING-WHEEL TOUCH SENSOR requires Luxury Package,

Old 11-28-21, 07:39 AM
NJRonbo
Driver

I *think* I properly built my 2022 350h

I added everything I could to the vehicle. A lot of times stuff that was in the premium package it told me I had to move to the luxury package and vise-versa.

That is what makes configuring these vehicles difficult.

Now, electric fold-down seats...

Is that an option available on the 350h? I did not see it in the configurator or perhaps it was canceled out when I tried to add something else.

Thanks
Old 11-28-21, 08:51 AM
RXWes
Lead Lap

Received 105 Likes on 81 Posts

I *think* I properly built my 2022 350h

I added everything I could to the vehicle. A lot of times stuff that was in the premium package it told me I had to move to the luxury package and vise-versa.

That is what makes configuring these vehicles difficult.

Now, electric fold-down seats...

Is that an option available on the 350h? I did not see it in the configurator or perhaps it was canceled out when I tried to add something else.

Thanks
Do you plan on special ordering a vehicle? Have you ordered one before?

All of the Lexus vehicles I've seen. They tend to have packages specific to the area of the country being sold.

I would like to order a 450h with the quick charger and no Sunroof.
Old 11-28-21, 09:33 AM
NJRonbo
Driver

Originally Posted by RXWes
Do you plan on special ordering a vehicle? Have you ordered one before?

All of the Lexus vehicles I've seen. They tend to have packages specific to the area of the country being sold.

I would like to order a 450h with the quick charger and no Sunroof.

This is my first Lexus but I have run their configurators many times over past years when considering buying one, and I must say they are probably the most frustrating I have seen from any car company.

Wanted a 450h but it doesn't have the premium Mark Levinson so that's out

Went down to the 350h but it won't let you add everything, and as you add on extras, it prompts you to take off existing packages and unless you have a list of everything in those packages, you are blindly removing things.

In the end, I am going to have to go to my dealer to custom order one, but without there even being a list of inventory, most dealers won't let you do that right now.

Does anyone know if the electric fold-down seats are available in the 350h?
Old 11-28-21, 10:12 AM
Geopoz
Intermediate

Received 81 Likes on 62 Posts

This is my first Lexus but I have run their configurators many times over past years when considering buying one, and I must say they are probably the most frustrating I have seen from any car company.

Wanted a 450h but it doesn't have the premium Mark Levinson so that's out

Went down to the 350h but it won't let you add everything, and as you add on extras, it prompts you to take off existing packages and unless you have a list of everything in those packages, you are blindly removing things.

In the end, I am going to have to go to my dealer to custom order one, but without there even being a list of inventory, most dealers won't let you do that right now.

Does anyone know if the electric fold-down seats are available in the 350h?
Just built the nx 350h and for $1030 you can add the power heated rear seats. You must add the luxury package to get it. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: It seems very difficult building an NX