NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

What's more important: looks or features (350 vs 350 F Sport)

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-21 | 07:56 AM
DeftLexus
Driver School Candidate

Default What's more important: looks or features (350 vs 350 F Sport)

I like the 350 for having heated front seats, lumbar support, and digital rearview mirrow and HUD as options. I dislike the black plastic wheel arch and the platinum window trims.

Whereas the 350 F Sport, I like the exterior and sport look but dislike that it does not have options the 350 has.

What is more important to you and why?

Notes:
I've seen several YouTube videos with pre-build 350 F Sport models having HUD and digital rearview mirrow. Maybe they will add those features next year or mid cycle refresh.

Old 12-05-21 | 10:44 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

This is truly a matter of personal preference. Personally, I wouldn't let a few cosmetic dislikes get in the way of obtaining the features you want. There are numerous differences between the FSport and the standard NX, beyond the fender or window trim. For example, the seats are completely different in the FSport. Anyway, I agree with you regarding the black fender trim, but it looks like they have made it smaller for this generation of NX (more like the RX). I will say I got used to the black trim on our NX and it didn't ultimately bother me. Some members had a body shop repaint the trim on their 1st generation NX to match the body color so that is always an option if you can't get past the black trim. It does seem ironic to delete the black trim around the fenders but replace platinum with black trim around the windows. I also favor the appearance of the FSport model but strongly dislike the seats. When we were shopping it was no question for my wife or myself, and I would make the same decision again. It mostly boils down to a matter of personal taste so good luck with your decision.
The following users liked this post:
DeftLexus (12-05-21)
Old 12-05-21 | 12:05 PM
richardyc
Rookie

F Sport has heated and ventilated front seats if you get the Luxury package, this package has the HUD too. The only thing F Sport won't have right now is the digital rearview mirror, which is dumb, it's an option I'd gladly pay the $200 for it.
Old 12-05-21 | 01:40 PM
DeftLexus
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by richardyc
F Sport has heated and ventilated front seats if you get the Luxury package, this package has the HUD too. The only thing F Sport won't have right now is the digital rearview mirror, which is dumb, it's an option I'd gladly pay the $200 for it.
I can't find anything on the Lexus website that suggest F Sport has the HUD and heated and ventilated front seats.
Old 12-05-21 | 02:25 PM
richardyc
Rookie

Originally Posted by DeftLexus
I can't find anything on the Lexus website that suggest F Sport has the HUD and heated and ventilated front seats.
I actually had this conversation with my dealer, since I too can't find any mention of heated seats from Lexus website and too thought that the F Sport only has ventilated seats, but Midcow3 posted the build out sheets from his dealer in the Pre orders thread on 12/2/2021. Assuming that doc is 100% accurate and authentic, as you can see the Luxury Package has the 10" HUD and Heated and ventilated seats. I am still waiting for my dealer to get back to me to confirm the Luxury package does have the heated and ventilated seats from his sales support. You will also need to get the IL (Triple beam LED headlamps,washers, foglamps, etc) or PR (Panorama Glass Roof) package with the Luxury package, more stuff that you might not want, but that's the only way to get them.

F Sport Luxury LT package
The following users liked this post:
DeftLexus (12-05-21)
Old 12-05-21 | 03:57 PM
DeftLexus
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by richardyc
I actually had this conversation with my dealer, since I too can't find any mention of heated seats from Lexus website and too thought that the F Sport only has ventilated seats, but Midcow3 posted the build out sheets from his dealer in the Pre orders thread on 12/2/2021. Assuming that doc is 100% accurate and authentic, as you can see the Luxury Package has the 10" HUD and Heated and ventilated seats. I am still waiting for my dealer to get back to me to confirm the Luxury package does have the heated and ventilated seats from his sales support. You will also need to get the IL (Triple beam LED headlamps,washers, foglamps, etc) or PR (Panorama Glass Roof) package with the Luxury package, more stuff that you might not want, but that's the only way to get them.

F Sport Luxury LT package
Keep us updated what the dealer says.
Old 12-06-21 | 04:18 AM
Xanadu350
Racer

If you get a F Sport w Lux Pkg than what are you missing that you can only get on the 350 non f sport? My understanding is that the F Sport w the Lux has everything the non F sport contains.

The only issue is the F Sport w Lux will be hard to find w the chip shortage.
Old 12-07-21 | 12:37 PM
NJRonbo
Driver

Not sure you can get the panoramic roof on the F-sport, but let me know if I am wrong.

And doesn't the 450h also not have the deluxe MARK LEVINSON system? Again, just off the top of my head from what I remember.

I basically went from a 450h to a 350h just to get all the features I want.

I really like the idea of the digital rearview mirror, but if I am correct, the camera sits inside the rear window and if it's fogged or iced up, you cannot see anything out of it.
Old 02-18-22 | 08:35 AM
NXNeecee
10th Gear

I recently purchased a f sport in January that has the luxury package it has pano roof, mark Levinson system and everything that come in the luxury package. I don’t have the digital rear view mirror which I would have like but I was ok not having it.
Old 02-18-22 | 12:35 PM
StraySheep
Pit Crew

Before the pricing were released, I originally order 350 F-sport because I liked the looks better.
But after price were released, the 350h was about same price as the 350 F-sport with similar equipment. The fuel savings on the 350h over the 350 was about $150/month for my usage, which made me changed my mind and ordered the 350h instead as I could not justify the extra fuel costs for the 350 F-sport.

Now I am still waiting for my 350h. Would have taken delivery back in January if I went with 350 F-sport.

Too bad that I know Japan has 350h F-sport, but not in North America.