NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Any Hope of Getting a New NX under MSRP?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-21, 01:14 PM
kbeatty
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Hope of Getting a New NX under MSRP?

I talked to a dealer sales guy today. They sent me specs on one arriving at port. No reduction allowed on MSRP and they even wanted to charge the $699 "admin" fee at sale, plus there were the dealer mark ups like tinting, nitrogen, and door protectors. I told them i'm not paying over MSRP for deal "add ons". I also told them i've bought 3 Lexus cars and I have never paid admin fee because it's a bogus fee and i have it wiped as part of the deal. I'll pay up to $100 for processing (call that an admin fee if you want, but that's the limit i'll pay). He said he has bought 2 Lexus cars and received no employee discount AND had to pay the $699 admin fee on each.. I sorta highly doubt that. If so he must've gotten a real deal off of MSRP. The dude is in sales....i mean come on.

Thoughts on any of this?
Old 12-08-21, 01:54 PM
DaveDude
Driver

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

I put in an order in for a NX 350h in October which will be my second owned Lexus. Dealer did try to add a $500 fee they called a documentation fee. On enquiring it turned out it was the old window VIN etching scam renamed. Anyways got the fee removed and paying MSRP as per my sales agreement and website pricing.

Dealers will do what they can to maximize profits while they currently have the upper hand.There have been reports of Toyota dealers in my area not selling you a new vehicle unless you purchase the extended warranty.

Last edited by DaveDude; 12-08-21 at 02:30 PM.
Old 12-08-21, 02:12 PM
RXWes
Lead Lap

Received 105 Likes on 81 Posts

People are paying thousands over MSRP on RAV4 Primes. This gets them a vehicle within 6 months. Paying MSRP and you will be on a waiting list for a year.

https://www.reddit.com/r/rav4prime/c..._prime_supply/
Old 12-08-21, 02:26 PM
lexinvegas
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Msrp nx?

Called my local Lexus dealer here in Vegas, inquiring about 2022 NX F Sport. Was told sticker was $57k but with a $7k
(thats right SEVEN THOUSAND) mark up. Said they wouldn't have any for 3 weeks. I said I'll wait.
Old 12-08-21, 02:36 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 147 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveDude
There have been reports of Toyota dealers in my area not selling you a new vehicle unless you purchase the extended warranty.
That’s when you call help me Howard.
Old 12-08-21, 03:38 PM
2merc3lex
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Have a 350t maybe coming in late this month and got all the dealer fees deleted except $489 and MSRP. Asked the salesman if there were any dealer incentives and he told me there were two. One is something to do with being a recent collage grad (didn't apply to me), and the other was active duty or retired military so I have applied for the latter. The catch is you have to apply for a loan for the car thru Lexus (good rate tho), but salesman said there is no penalty for early pay off. I was going to pay cash but think I will chose this option.
The following users liked this post:
SkiRockies (12-13-21)
Old 12-08-21, 03:42 PM
RXWes
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Xanadu350
That’s when you call help me Howard.
Call whoever you want. Theres no law that says you have to sell at MSRP. Like there’s no law that say you have to sell below MSRP.

Supply and Demand. Especially now with everybody having saved up cash in the bank. Then the 7.500 dollar tax credit on the Primes. Then throw in supply chain and chip shortages.

But, Im sure the NX250 non Premium / non luxury will be available at MSRP.

Last edited by RXWes; 12-08-21 at 08:03 PM.
Old 12-08-21, 05:07 PM
deadduck
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RXWes
Then the 12.000 dollar tax credit on the Primes. Then throw in supply chain and chip shortages.
I'm not aware of any of the primes being union made. Am I wrong? That means no $12.5K unless something has changed.

The other problems with factoring in the rebates is that the rebates are already baked into the price of the vehicle. So, it's paying twice. First for a rebate you don't really get, then again for the rebate on top of sticker, that you really, really don't get. Further, when you pay the markup, you add additional TTL, which in California is an additional 10%+.

I don't mind sticker but ADM is another thing. Dealers can ask whatever they want (like $50K on a Tuscon hybrid) and I can wait, I have a Mach E on order and my current ride works just fine.

Old 12-08-21, 05:44 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 147 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by RXWes
Call whoever you want. Theres no law that says you have to sell at MSRP. Like there’s no law that say you have to sell below MSRP.

Supply and Demand. Especially now with everybody having saved up cash in the bank. Then the 12.000 dollar tax credit on the Primes. Then throw in supply chain and chip shortages.

But, Im sure the NX250 non Premium / non luxury will be available at MSRP.
You didn’t even read what I quoted, it was the extended warranty, no dealer can force you to take the extended warranty. I did not say anything about MSRP.
Old 12-08-21, 06:47 PM
deadduck
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You didn’t even read what I quoted, it was the extended warranty, no dealer can force you to take the extended warranty. I did not say anything about MSRP.
And, in most states, you can just cancel it. It's like, "what's the point" although I guess they could refuse to do it, or make it really painful, or it could be that you completely bypass the clowns.

But why buy from a place that would pull that sort of thing anyway.
Old 12-08-21, 07:17 PM
2merc3lex
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 2merc3lex
Have a 350t maybe coming in late this month and got all the dealer fees deleted except $489 and MSRP. Asked the salesman if there were any dealer incentives and he told me there were two. One is something to do with being a recent collage grad (didn't apply to me), and the other was active duty or retired military so I have applied for the latter. The catch is you have to apply for a loan for the car thru Lexus (good rate tho), but salesman said there is no penalty for early pay off. I was going to pay cash but think I will chose this option.
Meant to say that the discount is $l000 for either of these two incentives.
Old 12-08-21, 07:58 PM
RXWes
Lead Lap

Missed that, thought we were still talking about MSRP.

Dealership’s always push the extended warranty. You just say you don’t plan on keeping the car after the 4 year original one is done.

And what if you are leasing for 3 years? Do they still make you buy it?
Old 12-08-21, 08:05 PM
RXWes
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by deadduck
I'm not aware of any of the primes being union made. Am I wrong? That means no $12.5K unless something has changed.

The other problems with factoring in the rebates is that the rebates are already baked into the price of the vehicle. So, it's paying twice. First for a rebate you don't really get, then again for the rebate on top of sticker, that you really, really don't get. Further, when you pay the markup, you add additional TTL, which in California is an additional 10%+.

I don't mind sticker but ADM is another thing. Dealers can ask whatever they want (like $50K on a Tuscon hybrid) and I can wait, I have a Mach E on order and my current ride works just fine.
Rav4 Primes currently get 7.500 Tax Credit.

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/taxevb.shtml

Build Back Better makes some changes. But who knows when that will or if it will pass.
Old 12-08-21, 08:42 PM
Enfusion
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Many dealerships here are adding a few thousands over MSRP for their 350s. Ranged from $2.5k to $5k more. I’ll be checking back with them in January to see if anyone took their offers and reserved at those prices.
Old 12-09-21, 06:15 AM
Dorsai
Intermediate

Received 134 Likes on 71 Posts

I've resigned myself to paying MSRP if I want a car in the next year. But, I will NOT pay over that....my current ride runs just fine, I can wait them out.
The following 2 users liked this post by Dorsai:
dklanecky1 (12-09-21), Freds430 (12-09-21)

Quick Reply: Any Hope of Getting a New NX under MSRP?