NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

NX Standard Premium System - 10 speaker

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-21 | 06:23 AM
lsft
Racer

Default NX Standard Premium System - 10 speaker

I know a lot of have been talking about the Mark Levinson, but not much details on the standard premium system.

The standard system is made by Pioneer which consists of 10 speakers including a subwoofer and an 8-channel fully digital amplifier

https://newsbeezer.com/japaneng/the-...eer-car-watch/

Another comparison between the two speaker systems:

Google Translated from Japanese site:

Pioneer announced on October 7 that its sound system was installed as standard equipment on the new Lexus luxury crossover SUV "NX".

This system consists of 10 speakers including a rear speaker that uses Lexus's first high-efficiency bass reflex structure and a subwoofer that utilizes the body skeleton, and the latest digital signal processing in addition to the high-quality sound technology that Pioneer has cultivated over many years. The "Lexus Premium Sound System," which consists of an 8-channel full digital amplifier equipped with technology, is based on the vehicle concept "Vital x Tech Gear," with a lively, high-quality clear bass reproduction and an open stage. It realizes a natural connection with the interior space of the vehicle.

Based on acoustic analysis inside the vehicle interior, the rear door is equipped with a high-efficiency bass reflex speaker that optimally arranges a mid-high range speaker at the top of the door and a duct that is the exit of the low range at the bottom of the door for the first time in Lexus. This structure enables low-frequency reproduction equivalent to a 16 cm full-range speaker and high-frequency reproduction higher than that of the same full-range speaker, even though it is a 5.5 cm small-diameter speaker, and a wider band reproduction is realized with one speaker. In addition, the mid-high range reproduced from the upper part of the door realizes a sound image and stage feeling at a high position, and at the same time, the low range reproduced from the lower part of the door realizes a rich bass.

Equipped with a box subwoofer that utilizes Lexus's first vehicle structure

For the first time in Lexus, a box subwoofer, which is a miniaturized subwoofer's own box, was installed near the back door by utilizing the hollow part (lower back) of the body skeleton as the box volume. This structure secures the luggage space that was previously squeezed while realizing heavy bass reproduction similar to that of a large-capacity box. Furthermore, by attaching a box to the lower back, which has high vehicle rigidity, we have realized clear bass reproduction with a lively texture and high texture.

A sound system consisting of an 8-channel full digital Class-D amplifier and 10 speakers. Utilizing the unique acoustic technology that Pioneer has cultivated over many years, we realize faithful reproduction of the original sound. In addition, the newly developed 8-channel full digital Class-D amplifier is a high-resolution sound source (96kHz / 24bit) with higher sound quality than the CD sound source (44.1kHz / 16bit) while realizing compactness, weight reduction and power saving. Also supports playback. Acoustic tuning using Pioneer's latest acoustic analysis technology creates a spacious stage, clear mid-high range, deep and sharp bass, and a sophisticated sound field space. In addition, it is equipped with an up-conversion function based on Pioneer's original algorithm, so that not only CD sound sources but also compressed sound sources (MP3, AAC, etc.) can be enjoyed with high sound quality equivalent to high-resolution sound sources.

Last edited by lsft; 12-29-21 at 06:56 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by lsft:
CdO (12-30-22), Lexus22563 (12-29-21), nxbacon (01-01-23), shiftD7 (12-30-22)
Old 12-29-21 | 04:19 PM
Lexus22563
Intermediate

The Mark Levinson sounds fuller. But I think the 10 speaker system would be adequate for me.
Old 12-30-21 | 12:45 PM
DampDuffer
Intermediate

Having ears that are shot after 48 years flying jets, I may not be the best judge of sound systems and speakers, but from the video, the Mark Levinson sounds were far more distinct, and I am convinced ML will be my choice when finally pulling the trigger on a 2022 or 2023 NX.
The following 2 users liked this post by DampDuffer:
Lakerstrg (01-03-23), Lexus22563 (12-30-21)
Old 12-30-21 | 01:56 PM
Lexus22563
Intermediate

If you can pony up the extra cash to get the ML, then your ears will be happy!!
Old 12-30-22 | 10:01 AM
CLTWoody
4th Gear

Originally Posted by DampDuffer
Having ears that are shot after 48 years flying jets, I may not be the best judge of sound systems and speakers, but from the video, the Mark Levinson sounds were far more distinct, and I am convinced ML will be my choice when finally pulling the trigger on a 2022 or 2023 NX.
Go for the Mark Levinson, I went with the 10 speaker Premium system, and wish I had held out for a ML system. The standard system just lacks so much in comparison.
Old 12-30-22 | 10:26 AM
shiftD7
Driver

Thanks LSFT for the information. I think the standard system is perfectly fine. Would I have optioned the ML if I could? Absolutely but having lived with the standard system in the 450h+ I think it fits everything I need at this point.

I'm coming from a 19 speaker Bang and Olufsen in an Audi and that system was incredible when I compared it to the ML. So maybe I might have found the ML lacking anyways but since I didn't have a choice I just learned to live with the standard system.
The following 3 users liked this post by shiftD7:
Bimmer32 (01-04-23), lsft (12-30-22), romer (12-30-22)
Old 01-02-23 | 04:36 AM
Fifteenkey
Rookie

I love my music, but not for 3,000 (more) bucks, Chief!
Old 01-02-23 | 01:43 PM
EWDavid
Rookie

I have always loved my music. Wouldn’t buy my Lexus with out the Mark Levingston. If I just listened to talk radio / pod cast then the the standard is just fine. The stereo upgrade is a small expense when buying a luxury vehicle.
The following 2 users liked this post by EWDavid:
Dkaplan (01-02-23), redhot47fl (01-02-23)
Old 01-02-23 | 03:58 PM
Dkaplan
Intermediate

That (ML) was a must have for me!
Old 01-07-23 | 08:35 PM
NYPHIL
5th Gear

Default Had no choice!!

Ordered a nx350h premium usury which is coming in this week. Trading in my rx350 2020 with the ML system which I love. Love the car too but it’s just me and the wife so we decided to try the NX. When we pick it up this week if we don’t really like it we’ll keep the RX.

I wanted the ML in the NX but the way they build the cars after pandemic (dealership words) the ML only comes with the luxury package which I don’t want at all. Especially at that price and those 20” wheels.

So we’ll see. I’m a long time audiophile but if the NX is that good it’ll be worth living with the standard system.

But they now build the NX350H premium with the HUD, ambient lighting, heated steering wheel, digital key wireless charger, 14” infotainment,

I’ll change run flats with Pirellis Scorpion regular tires when the run flats wear down or irritate me enough
Old 01-07-23 | 09:13 PM
Roffles
Pit Crew

The base premium audio system is better than adequate. It has deep bass, sharp treble and a tunable midrange. It isn’t lacking power, you can turn it up to uncomfortably loud levels without any clipping or distortion. I had ML in my last two Lexus, and besides being able to turn it up to insanely loud decibels, it didn’t actually have any special tuning capabilities…. Just your basic 3-band equalizer. I’m not sorry for skipping it this time around, Lexus actually gave us a good base system.
The following users liked this post:
1Priest (06-27-23)
Old 01-07-23 | 11:08 PM
NYPHIL
5th Gear

Default I forgot the NX350H premium also comes with:

Originally Posted by NYPHIL
Ordered a nx350h premium usury which is coming in this week. Trading in my rx350 2020 with the ML system which I love. Love the car too but it’s just me and the wife so we decided to try the NX. When we pick it up this week if we don’t really like it we’ll keep the RX.

I wanted the ML in the NX but the way they build the cars after pandemic (dealership words) the ML only comes with the luxury package which I don’t want at all. Especially at that price and those 20” wheels.

So we’ll see. I’m a long time audiophile but if the NX is that good it’ll be worth living with the standard system.

But they now build the NX350H premium with the HUD, ambient lighting, heated steering wheel, digital key wireless charger, 14” infotainment,

I’ll change run flats with Pirellis Scorpion regular tires when the run flats wear down or irritate me enough
Also it has the rear view mirror camera included
Old 01-08-23 | 06:41 AM
deedubb
9th Gear

I find the base system quite decent. Although I would prefer ML, in Canada, you have to upgrade to the highest package to get it which I could not justify. Thanks for the post. Useful info!
The following users liked this post:
nx450plus (01-08-23)
Old 01-08-23 | 06:59 AM
raviola4
Pit Crew

Sorry for question, saw a previous post on Pirelli tires. Which one is rated best for the NX 350. Saw on a previous post but can’t find it by searching.
thank you. And agree base radio is fine with me.
Old 01-08-23 | 01:15 PM
NYPHIL
5th Gear

Default Pirellis

Originally Posted by raviola4
Sorry for question, saw a previous post on Pirelli tires. Which one is rated best for the NX 350. Saw on a previous post but can’t find it by searching.
thank you. And agree base radio is fine with me.
Pirelli Scorpions verde 3
look at customer reviews on Tire Rack

Quick Reply: NX Standard Premium System - 10 speaker