NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

2022 NX 2nd generation 1st year problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-22 | 11:34 AM
NXBob
Rookie

I think you're right, the 3 locally having the problem are in Jacksonville, FL and I took delivery of mine from Tampa, FL. Seems like something with this batch of cars, not sure if it's from factory or port-side installations.
Old 01-05-22 | 11:37 AM
NXBob
Rookie

Mine was manufactured in Japan. Not sure if the alarm was added port-side.

Hoping to hear from the dealer shortly that all is well They gave me a 2021 RX 350 loaner and I must say that I personally greatly prefer the redesigned NX.
Old 01-05-22 | 11:59 PM
Ricky0515
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NXBob
Having big problems with ours already, unfortunately. Took delivery of a 350h Premium yesterday and loved every minute of the 200 mi drive home. First Lexus and I was quite impressed with everything. Unfortunately, the issues started when I got home and it is now completely inoperable.

In summary, the car alarm went off every 10-20 minutes while the car was locked. Had to leave it unlocked all night... thought this was related to the Lexus app, but not sure.

Then this morning as we were playing with the new infotainment system in our garage, it suddenly went black and shut down. The safe exit system shut itself off and a lot of various messages appeared on the screen. After this, one headlight would blink rapidly at different paces depending on if the car was unlocked or locked. The car will no longer start, but some of the dash lights come on when you try to start. Occasionally both headlights will flash rapidly when you try to start. Basically a whole lot of flashing lights, but not a functioning car... waiting on the dealer for next steps since we can't even get it out of the garage. They seem to think it's a blown fuse observationally.

Issues to be expected with new cars, especially with massive electronics, but was hoping it would make it past 200 mi... went with the Lexus for reliability.

I bought the NX 350 AWD. I just have a question. What came in your trunk? Mine came empty not even a fix a flat or the tools to take the wheels off.
Old 01-06-22 | 12:19 AM
alvinklee
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Ricky0515
I bought the NX 350 AWD. I just have a question. What came in your trunk? Mine came empty not even a fix a flat or the tools to take the wheels off.
Did it come with a first aid kit? I don't think they come with anything as they are "run flat tires"
Old 01-06-22 | 09:08 AM
NXBob
Rookie

Originally Posted by Ricky0515
Mine had a first aid kit and a lug wrench, but no jack, repair kit, or anything else. I guess that's why they kept telling me about roadside assistance Never owned a car with run flats, don't really like the idea of being helpless on the side of the road :/
Old 01-06-22 | 10:25 AM
jadeboy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NXBob
Mine had a first aid kit and a lug wrench, but no jack, repair kit, or anything else. I guess that's why they kept telling me about roadside assistance Never owned a car with run flats, don't really like the idea of being helpless on the side of the road :/
I think Lexus made a big mistake on this to save weight... the benefit of run-flat tires is far outweighed by the disadvantages (worse ride comfort, noise, life of tire).
One of the YouTuber reviewers (Motormouth) of the 2022 NX, made a big complaint about this (also the high price of 350 in Canada), and remove NX from its top 5 luxury compact SUVs for 2021 (the Genesis G70 was rated the best 2021 compact luxury SUV)

If I get the NX, I will buy a Tire repair kit, Emergency Flat Tire Repair Sealant and an air pump.

Last edited by jadeboy; 01-06-22 at 10:38 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Lexus22563 (01-06-22)
Old 01-06-22 | 12:36 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Why would you expect Lexus to include a Tire repair kit, Emergency Flat Tire Repair Sealant and an air pump? They are using Run Flats to avoid all this. If you chose to replace the run flats with non run flats than that is your call but not what Lexus is advising.
Old 01-06-22 | 12:55 PM
jadeboy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Xanadu350
Why would you expect Lexus to include a Tire repair kit, Emergency Flat Tire Repair Sealant and an air pump? They are using Run Flats to avoid all this. If you chose to replace the run flats with non run flats than that is your call but not what Lexus is advising.
You make a good point... The main reason... I am seriously considering replacing the run-flat tires anyway and getting the Michelin CrossClimate 2, they are "good" all-weather tires (not all season) that should suit the harsh winter weather in Canada without having to swap rims during winter/spring tires. I doubt the all-season tires run-flat tire that comes with the NX 2022 is good enough for our winter here.
Lexus22563 (01-06-22)
Old 01-06-22 | 12:55 PM
2022NX
9th Gear

I’ve had my 2022 NX for a week now and have had a few minor problems:

- The automatic lock function in the tailgate does not work. In the owners manual, it says to press the button and walk away, and the rear hatch will close and lock on its own. This works maybe 1 in 10 times (I have followed directions in the manual such as ensuring no other fobs/digital keys remain in the car). This is particularly frustrating because I paid for the key card feature in order to avoid having to carry a fob with me, but there’s no way to lock the doors with the key card so I have to go around to a vehicle door to lock it when the truck won’t close/lock.

- The Lexus interface keeps defaulting back to miles rather than KM in GPS (I am in Canada)

- My user profile only loads about 75% of the time. I frequently have to type in my pin to load my profile. I am the only person who has driven this car, so it’s not confusing me with another registered user. It defaults to the guest profile.

- CarPlay loads about 75% of the time on the first try. I’ve had to manually restart the screen several times to get it to load

- CarPlay doesn’t mute music when reading texts, so it’s very difficult to hear what the texts say

None of these are catastrophic issues my any stretch of the imagination and I’m sure most can easily be fixed through an over the air update, however I would expect this to be a much more polished product upon release. Being one of the first to get this vehicle, such bugs are to be expected.

That being said, I still give it a 10/10 for appearance - I’ve already caught it turn heads!
The following 4 users liked this post by 2022NX:
Doug007 (11-27-22), lsft (01-06-22), powerlover (01-15-22), unkind2cat (01-07-22)
Old 01-06-22 | 02:30 PM
edstewbob
Rookie

Have a problem with our NX350h not managing multiple profiles correctly. Each profile which contains user settings is registered or linked with a key or phone app and should activate when it is recognized for a driver but it doesn't switch to the alternative profile and remains on the last used profile. Profiles can be manually switched with a pin code but are supposed to be automatically switched when a new key or app is recognized. I've spent hours with Lexus on the phone and again with the tech at our Lexus dealer with no success. The function is fairly straight forward and well documented in the manual but doesn't work for us. They have escalated with Lexus support.

Each profile is linked to a specific Lexus app user and only one Lexus app user can be setup with the Primary profile and has exclusive access to remote access services like remote start, unlock, etc.
This seems a bit weird to me since the only way we can both have access to these services is to share the Primary profile login id which negates the ability to have separate car profiles.
The following 3 users liked this post by edstewbob:
catchtanya (01-26-22), mwilcoxen (01-11-22), unkind2cat (01-07-22)
Old 01-07-22 | 09:56 AM
midcow3
Racer

Question what size crossclimate2 tires ?

Originally Posted by jadeboy
You make a good point... The main reason... I am seriously considering replacing the run-flat tires anyway and getting the Michelin CrossClimate 2, they are "good" all-weather tires (not all season) that should suit the harsh winter weather in Canada without having to swap rims during winter/spring tires. I doubt the all-season tires run-flat tire that comes with the NX 2022 is good enough for our winter here.
Since Michelin currently doesn't make a crossclimate2 size for the 20" Lexus NX tires, 235/50 R20, what size tire were you going to substitute, the 245/50 R20 or the 235/55 R20 ?

Maybe by replacement time, Michelin will make a cossclimate2 in size 235/50 R20.
Old 01-07-22 | 10:21 AM
jadeboy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by midcow3
Since Michelin currently doesn't make a crossclimate2 size for the 20" Lexus NX tires, 235/50 R20, what size tire were you going to substitute, the 245/50 R20 or the 235/55 R20 ?

Maybe by replacement time, Michelin will make a cossclimate2 in size 235/50 R20.
There is also Nokian WR G4 all weather.. I have not check sizing yet.. but I have Nokian WR G3 installed on another car.. they are really good.. save headaches switching rim during winter/spring.

I am also consider changing 20" to 18".. for better price..and quality of ride also.
Old 01-08-22 | 02:43 PM
alvinklee
Pit Crew

Just drove it home from the Dealer lot with the 450h. Its pretty good so far. I didn't realize I was driving home the whole time using EV lol.

Though a couple of things kind of bother me.
1. Is the side mirror on the driver side being loose normal. Not used to driving an SUV and when im looking at the left side the inside mirror shakes, that isn't the case on the right side.
2. There is like a random rattle in the dash area occasionally.
3. I don't like how the rearview mirror is reflective but maybe I am not used to it yet lol.

Alvin Lee
Lexus22563 (01-08-22)
Old 01-08-22 | 03:18 PM
RXWes
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by alvinklee
Just drove it home from the Dealer lot with the 450h. Its pretty good so far. I didn't realize I was driving home the whole time using EV lol.

1. Is the side mirror on the driver side being loose normal. Not used to driving an SUV and when im looking at the left side the inside mirror shakes, that isn't the case on the right side.

Alvin Lee
This is a known problem on the RAV4s. Surprised Lexus didn't fix it on the NX

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...85772-9999.pdf
The following 2 users liked this post by RXWes:
hintonwood (01-09-22), nxbacon (01-02-23)
Old 01-08-22 | 04:14 PM
adb04
Driver

Originally Posted by alvinklee

2. There is like a random rattle in the dash area occasionally.
3. I don't like how the rearview mirror is reflective but maybe I am not used to it yet lol.

Alvin Lee
Congrats on getting 450h. Hope Lexus SC fixes the mirror shake issue. How is the road noise on freeways?

Quick Reply: 2022 NX 2nd generation 1st year problems