NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

2022 NX 2nd generation 1st year problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-22, 07:41 AM
aliasmusik
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the 350H Luxury day before yesterday and Lexus was unable to link the car to my app. So I can't access any of my trials and subscriptions. Can't use navigation, or Hey Lexus or and of the digital and remote features and they have no idea how long it's going to take to fix this. I feel robbed. What's the point of paying for a fully loaded car and you can't use half the features they bragged about when trying to sell it to me.
Old 01-20-22, 07:47 AM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by aliasmusik
I got the 350H Luxury day before yesterday and Lexus was unable to link the car to my app. So I can't access any of my trials and subscriptions. Can't use navigation, or Hey Lexus or and of the digital and remote features and they have no idea how long it's going to take to fix this. I feel robbed. What's the point of paying for a fully loaded car and you can't use half the features they bragged about when trying to sell it to me.
I would definitely call Lexus Corporate and let them know you want an extended subscription since you will end up short your 3 yrs once they find out how to fix it.
Old 01-20-22, 07:57 AM
NXBob
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

What kind of phone do you have?
Old 01-20-22, 08:06 AM
KingKewl
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Can you login to the app? Is your car already linked to your account? If you haven’t received an email that your services have started and you don’t see active services in the app. Your trial shouldn’t start until they actually are able to link them I think.
Old 01-20-22, 08:09 AM
aliasmusik
Driver School Candidate

Iphone. It's not my phone. I was on the phone with Lexus for two hours yesterday and they said it's an ongoing issue they are aware of and basically they don't know how long it will take to take to fix. The app won't let me add the car so I can't access any of my subscriptions, trials or digital services. All I can do right now is car play. No Hey Lexus, No remote access or digital key, no navigation, no xm like nothing and there is nothing anyone can do until they fix it.
Old 01-20-22, 08:11 AM
KingKewl
Driver

The car wasn’t initially linked in the phone app. They started up the car the used my account to login in the car itself.
Old 01-20-22, 08:18 AM
aliasmusik
Driver School Candidate

Did the same thing and the dealership and by the time I got home it had kicked me out and wanted me to start the entire process over again. The problem is that it won't do it. Called Lexus and they couldn't figure it out either. They then got me on the phone with advance support and he basically said this is an known ongoing issue. They have to give me a special tech ticket and they honestly don't know how long it will take for it to be resolved. That's why I will never buy the first of anything again. You end up being the guinea pig for all the kinks and bugs and glitches. Love the car but need them to get this together.
The following users liked this post:
Robb79 (01-24-22)
Old 01-20-22, 08:48 AM
KingKewl
Driver

Originally Posted by 5thaccord
All understandable annoyances. But again, let's try to keep some perspective: hundreds of thousands of people are DEAD. And more will die. So while first year models will have problems, and the car is expensive, and it shouldn't be happening, here's some advice: don't worry about it. Your car will be fixed eventually. Use your phone in the meantime. Don't let it ruin your day. Have we learned nothing about life from the pandemic? Don't sweat the small stuff - and it's all small stuff. Squeaks, rattles, this doesn't work, that doesn't open - annoying, but so what who cares. Trust me, you could have much bigger problems befalling you.
This is a car forum…we don’t need your condescending attitude and bringing something irrelevant to the conversation.
The following 4 users liked this post by KingKewl:
AWR (02-01-22), dklanecky1 (01-20-22), Esuric86 (01-20-22), unkind2cat (01-20-22)
Old 01-20-22, 09:14 AM
Peterun
Pit Crew

Received 87 Likes on 39 Posts

Aliasmusik……you have every right to be disappointed and frustrated, despite the pandemic! I would react the same way. Thank you for posting…and sharing with us. Lexus should give you a very decent loaner or unwind you, if you prefer. Yes, it’s the 1st year of production…but you did not sign up to be “the Beta tester.” We are loyal to the brand because of the unsaid expectation: “Everything is going to work.” You certainly have a right to expect more than the “duh” answer.
The following 4 users liked this post by Peterun:
ctripps2k (01-20-22), Lexus22563 (01-24-22), lobuxracer (01-20-22), unkind2cat (01-20-22)
Old 01-20-22, 09:28 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,013 Likes on 2,431 Posts

Please let's keep it civil. Aliasmusik has an issue and it's fair to say no one buying a new car expects something like this to happen. If anyone has constructive input about what to do, please speak up. Let's not bring the rest of the world's problems here.
The following 7 users liked this post by lobuxracer:
ctripps2k (01-20-22), DaveGS4 (01-20-22), dklanecky1 (01-20-22), Peterun (01-20-22), redhot47fl (08-10-22), unkind2cat (01-20-22), weaver483 (02-10-23) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-20-22, 07:11 PM
miggyt1
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 703
Expect plenty of first year issues not related to the drivetrain. Especially with the infotainment.
Agree. Hopefully with the infotainment, they can fix with over the air patches.
Old 01-20-22, 07:26 PM
RXWes
Lead Lap

Received 105 Likes on 81 Posts

This is a first year car, Plus an all new infotainment system. With multiple points that can cause problems.

I remember when I got my first Enform equipped car. Took almost 6 weeks to get it to work. Lexus was unable to find the problem. So the just deleted my user and vehicle from the system. And started from scratch.

Like every new piece of equipment. Users will find issues the manufacturers never saw or dreamed of. The Toyota RAV4 has had issues since 2019 that are still not corrected.

Toyota recently turned off the phone app for a few weeks to get the fix done.
Old 01-20-22, 07:50 PM
2022NX
9th Gear

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

does your phone have a VPN by any chance? I had the same problem, then when I turned off my VPN I was able to set it up.
Old 01-23-22, 07:29 PM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by jadeboy
This is pushing me toward the 350h (Luxury) instead of the 450h+ (Premium), I have done some calculations.. based on spec for Canada...
The 450h+ will save me about $5,000 over 10 years because of gas, + more horse power... but it $4,300 more expensive with less included (e.g. no panoramic moonroof, Intuitive Parking Assist with Auto Braking, fewer safety options, etc)
Honestly, I tried so hard but no way could I justify the price difference vis-a-vis the features for the 450h+ to the 350h.

My one gripe though was how in the US, you can get Grecian Water with the Rioja interior but here in Canada, you can only get black or Palomino if you go Grecian Water...

Went with the 350h.

Last edited by LStoneX; 01-24-22 at 07:09 AM.
Lexus22563 (01-24-22)
Old 01-24-22, 04:45 AM
Pharbor
Pit Crew

Received 58 Likes on 31 Posts

I had to lock and unlock the system in the car to the get the app to work. It is under the REMOTE CONTROL menu of the car. Also I noticed when driving long distances the app took 30 minutes before it would connect to the car.

There are a lot of 1st year issues - just part of the current world, everything is harder then it used to be - we need to adjust our expectations or deal with the additional frustration.
hintonwood (01-24-22)

Quick Reply: 2022 NX 2nd generation 1st year problems