NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

2022 NX 2nd generation 1st year problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-22, 08:55 AM
bbr00ks
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Xanadu350
Why would you expect Lexus to include a Tire repair kit, Emergency Flat Tire Repair Sealant and an air pump? They are using Run Flats to avoid all this. If you chose to replace the run flats with non run flats than that is your call but not what Lexus is advising.
Runflats suck. They are hard, noisy and on my BMWs they bend the rims when you hit big holes. They don't "runflat" they are good for 50 miles at low (non freeway) speeds. Want a flat in the middle of nowhere on a weekend evening ? That when most of my flats have happened.

BTW my Honda Accord Hybrid includes an airpump and a sealant and it was barely $30K so yes I would have expected more. Also my new NX 350h doesn't seem to have runflats or a spare.
Old 01-24-22, 08:37 PM
lsft
Racer

Received 600 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by bbr00ks
Runflats suck. They are hard, noisy and on my BMWs they bend the rims when you hit big holes. They don't "runflat" they are good for 50 miles at low (non freeway) speeds. Want a flat in the middle of nowhere on a weekend evening ? That when most of my flats have happened.

BTW my Honda Accord Hybrid includes an airpump and a sealant and it was barely $30K so yes I would have expected more. Also my new NX 350h doesn't seem to have runflats or a spare.
If your 350h didn't come with run flats, then you should check with your dealership. It should be run flats.
Old 01-25-22, 06:59 PM
Pharbor
Pit Crew

Received 58 Likes on 31 Posts

sorry about that,

that is the correct video

Last edited by GS3Tek; 01-25-22 at 07:02 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Pharbor:
bdwpac81 (01-25-22), Lexus22563 (01-26-22)
Old 01-27-22, 08:00 AM
KingKewl
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Rattle?

Anyone have a slight rattle in the center console storage area? It seems minute and intermittent at highway speeds. Not sure if it’s something Lexus can fix…?

Last edited by KingKewl; 01-27-22 at 08:03 AM.
Old 02-01-22, 06:12 PM
AWR
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aliasmusik
I got the 350H Luxury day before yesterday and Lexus was unable to link the car to my app. So I can't access any of my trials and subscriptions. Can't use navigation, or Hey Lexus or and of the digital and remote features and they have no idea how long it's going to take to fix this. I feel robbed. What's the point of paying for a fully loaded car and you can't use half the features they bragged about when trying to sell it to me.
I refused delivery of mine Sat because I discovered none of this worked when I was with tech to pair my phone etc. They ran a diagnostic and it immediately threw a code to disable shipping mode. No idea if that’s your issue but worth looking into as this sounds identical to what I experienced Sat.
Old 02-02-22, 07:19 AM
rkc613
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just received my 2022 NX 350 Premium. The issue I have is apple carplay will not lower radio volume so I can hear ,messages or even send messages. The setting option for sound levels is greyed out and can not be adjusted. Has anyone found a answer to this?

Thank you,

Rich
The following users liked this post:
miggyt1 (02-02-22)
Old 02-02-22, 07:20 AM
NoMoreEv
Driver

Received 62 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by LStoneX
Honestly, I tried so hard but no way could I justify the price difference vis-a-vis the features for the 450h+ to the 350h.

My one gripe though was how in the US, you can get Grecian Water with the Rioja interior but here in Canada, you can only get black or Palomino if you go Grecian Water...

Went with the 350h.
I am in the same boat and can’t decide which one to get. The local dealers told me the 350h is 3-4 months wait while the 450h+ will most likely be 2023. I was thinking to order the 450h+ so there might be a chance the vehicle qualify for some potential rebate announce in the next few months. It is a gamble plus not sure if I want to wait a year for a daily driver.
Old 02-02-22, 07:39 AM
miggyt1
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rkc613
I just received my 2022 NX 350 Premium. The issue I have is apple carplay will not lower radio volume so I can hear ,messages or even send messages. The setting option for sound levels is greyed out and can not be adjusted. Has anyone found a answer to this?

Thank you,

Rich
I second this. It's annoying and I have not figured it out yet. Would love to know the answer to this.
The following users liked this post:
rkc613 (02-02-22)
Old 02-02-22, 07:52 AM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by NoMoreEv
I am in the same boat and can’t decide which one to get. The local dealers told me the 350h is 3-4 months wait while the 450h+ will most likely be 2023. I was thinking to order the 450h+ so there might be a chance the vehicle qualify for some potential rebate announce in the next few months. It is a gamble plus not sure if I want to wait a year for a daily driver.
If it's gonna be your daily driver, you want to make sure it's absolutely your choice as you're gonna be living with it everyday and driving it always. If you're open to waiting, then do so. I didn't even think about the rebate. The reason I went with the 350h over the 450h+ was because I could get it sooner, it had certain features I really wanted and was at a price point I was willing to spend.

Just decide what you want and go with it.
Old 02-02-22, 08:22 AM
NoMoreEv
Driver

Received 62 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by LStoneX
If it's gonna be your daily driver, you want to make sure it's absolutely your choice as you're gonna be living with it everyday and driving it always. If you're open to waiting, then do so. I didn't even think about the rebate. The reason I went with the 350h over the 450h+ was because I could get it sooner, it had certain features I really wanted and was at a price point I was willing to spend.

Just decide what you want and go with it.
Which package do you have on your 350h? I want most of the items in the Luxury trim except the 20’’ tires and wheels. I used to owned a X6 with 20” RFT and I told myself never again. I also want the rear heat seat, but it is only available in the executive trim, but all trims in the 450h+ has the heated rear seat.

My current daily is a model 3 SR+ and I might be trading it depending on the trade in value.
Old 02-02-22, 10:23 AM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by NoMoreEv
Which package do you have on your 350h? I want most of the items in the Luxury trim except the 20’’ tires and wheels. I used to owned a X6 with 20” RFT and I told myself never again. I also want the rear heat seat, but it is only available in the executive trim, but all trims in the 450h+ has the heated rear seat.

My current daily is a model 3 SR+ and I might be trading it depending on the trade in value.
I have the Canadian market Luxury trim on my 350h. That means I get the thematic ambient lighting, panoramic roof, 14" display, ventilated front seats, 20" wheels and wireless charging.

But I don't get the HUD, credit card key (which I think is too finicky), triple beam headlights, kick sensor for the rear door, heated rear seats, panoramic view monitor and advanced touch steering wheel.

Unfortunately, every option above the base NX250 in Canada has 20" RFTs. Maybe when the original tires wear out, I might consider regular radial tires or RFT technology will have improved. RFTs of today are certainly better than RFTs used to be 10 years ago.

For a daily driver like mine is also gonna be, the features I'm missing out on are things I can live without.

Last edited by LStoneX; 02-02-22 at 10:27 AM.
Old 02-02-22, 11:28 AM
alvinklee
Pit Crew

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

"on the vehicle we were able to duplicate the vibration on the side mirror and compared it to another brand new NX450h vehicle and also does the same amount of vibration we also drove it to try to duplicate the noise. but couldnt verify it road tested multiple times. I would say bring it back once the noise becomes more prominent. other than that the vehicle is ready for pick up"

On shaky side mirror and dash rattles
Old 02-02-22, 12:34 PM
Peterun
Pit Crew

Received 87 Likes on 39 Posts

I too have the driver’s mirror that’s somewhat shaky…I will NOT have it fixed because I do not want them taken apart the door. I have zero rattles….and I’m pretty observant, if not finicky. The infotainment features/profile/phone (iPhone 13 Pro) continue to manifest issues. My NX450 is at service now, arrangements handled by Lexus corporate. Technician called me in this morning to show him my photos and videos. He will start by taking everything out of the system and reprogramming.

Incidentally, I have two dealerships wanting to buy my vehicle above the MSRP now. It’s sold out for more than one year. I paid MSRP with zero add ons. If the NX continues to frustrate/torment….Bye Bye! 😰
Old 02-02-22, 04:25 PM
alvinklee
Pit Crew

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Peterun
I too have the driver’s mirror that’s somewhat shaky…I will NOT have it fixed because I do not want them taken apart the door. I have zero rattles….and I’m pretty observant, if not finicky. The infotainment features/profile/phone (iPhone 13 Pro) continue to manifest issues. My NX450 is at service now, arrangements handled by Lexus corporate. Technician called me in this morning to show him my photos and videos. He will start by taking everything out of the system and reprogramming.

Incidentally, I have two dealerships wanting to buy my vehicle above the MSRP now. It’s sold out for more than one year. I paid MSRP with zero add ons. If the NX continues to frustrate/torment….Bye Bye! 😰
Are you getting the 7500 federal tax credit.
Old 02-02-22, 04:34 PM
Peterun
Pit Crew

Received 87 Likes on 39 Posts

Good question…..I’ve planned on it, yes, and factored that little remuneration in before I bought the NX. Very hard to justify the $61,600 price (plus tax) without it!

Quick Reply: 2022 NX 2nd generation 1st year problems