NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Dashboard rattles??

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-22, 03:42 PM
redhot47fl
Intermediate

Received 262 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by jkques
Sorry, but they all do it. You won't notice the center console lid rattle unless you actively shift the front of the lid from side to side, or, if you open the lid from either side and pull up and down on the front of it while it's in the open position, or, if you have a passenger who sits with their arm against the side of the lid rather than on top of it (while it's in the closed position).
Patient to doctor: "Doc, it hurts when I do this."

Doctor to patient: "So, don't do that."
The following 2 users liked this post by redhot47fl:
Htrain (07-13-22), LStoneX (07-26-22)
Old 07-10-22, 07:47 PM
Peterun
Pit Crew

Received 87 Likes on 39 Posts

My NX450h has ZERO rattles, vibrations/extraneous sounds while going over any road surface. 3,000 miles now.
Old 07-10-22, 10:25 PM
jkques
9th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't allow passengers to sit in my car? Not a practical solution.
Old 07-11-22, 09:20 AM
chuuck1e
Pit Crew

Received 95 Likes on 57 Posts

No rattles at all in my Japan built 350h.
Old 07-11-22, 09:55 AM
alvinklee
Pit Crew

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I can confirm that there are a couple obvious rattles on this new model. My mom just turned in her 2019 NX300 lease for a new 2022 NX350 lease. One of the rattles is a design fault with the new double hinge center console compartment cover/lid. I have been able to minimize this rattle by placing some felt bumper/tape into the two cavities on the lid where the locks clip in. If you look up into the cavities, you will see that there is one foam bumper from the factory. However, this foam bumper only cushions up and down movement. It does not prevent side to side movement. Therefore, you need to add felt or foam tape to the sides of the cavity walls. I'm still experimenting with the thickness of the felt bumpers myself. Too thick and it will have trouble closing and opening and maybe put too much tension on the springs and plastic clips. Too little and you will not completely remove the rattle.

The other rattle is coming from the driver side door. I think I may have isolated it. It appears the lower plastic rocker cover on the door has some unwanted up and down movement at the front edge. Tomorrow I will try taping it in place and taking the car for a drive to see if I'm right. If not, the door panel may have to come off or at least the window switch panel. Only problem is, there are no Youtube videos for this model yet. I don't want to be a trail blazer on this.

Oh, and I almost forgot the obvious: the dealership could not replicate either noise and stated everything is working as intended. Of course, when I got the car back, I noticed the climate control fan was set at full blast. Can't imagine why the tech couldn't hear any of the rattles. He probably had the radio blasting as well. Thanks a lot, Lexus of Concord. Im sure if the car wasn't still under warranty you would have heard those rattles and probably a few more non-existent rattles that require a costly service or trade-in.
Do you have a diagram of where, I am having this rattle that comes and goes randomly near that area. Also, found a random rattle near the b pillar where the seatbelt is, I adjusted the seatbelt and it is gone now??
Old 07-11-22, 10:14 AM
nitrolada
Pit Crew

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

No rattles at all in my Cambridge built 350h

The centre console does make noise sometimes but it's because of the coins I've put in my organizer and/or sometimes it's my glasses in the glasses holder by sunroof controls
Old 07-11-22, 11:47 AM
midcow3
Racer

Received 532 Likes on 347 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by nitrolada

The centre console does make noise sometimes but it's because of the coins I've put in my organizer and/or sometimes it's my glasses in the glasses holder by sunroof controls
Put a piece of cloth down or better yet, there are liners for tool boxes that are a kind of textured rubber; cut a piece of that and a problem is solved.
Old 07-12-22, 10:21 PM
jkques
9th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Which area? The driver's door panel or the center console lid?
Old 07-12-22, 10:38 PM
450hPlus
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by alvinklee
Do you have a diagram of where, I am having this rattle that comes and goes randomly near that area. Also, found a random rattle near the b pillar where the seatbelt is, I adjusted the seatbelt and it is gone now??
Originally Posted by chuuck1e
No rattles at all in my Japan built 350h.
Originally Posted by Peterun
My NX450h has ZERO rattles, vibrations/extraneous sounds while going over any road surface. 3,000 miles now.

You all have rattles, under certain conditions. I assure you. Play your music louder with some bass thumping, you'll hear that rattle on the driver side door, and or by the seat belt.

If you have Mark levinson, turn it up 50 plus and you feel like you are in a souped-up Honda Civic with the door panels rattling like there's no tomorrow. Lol 😂
Old 07-13-22, 07:51 AM
nitrolada
Pit Crew

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by 450hPlus
You all have rattles, under certain conditions. I assure you. Play your music louder with some bass thumping, you'll hear that rattle on the driver side door, and or by the seat belt.

If you have Mark levinson, turn it up 50 plus and you feel like you are in a souped-up Honda Civic with the door panels rattling like there's no tomorrow. Lol 😂
that's true...if you kick the door and/or bang on the center console..it'll rattle as well . all cars will rattle if you do stuff like that (including turn up bass to high/max..unless you have a really terrible sound system lol).
The following users liked this post:
redhot47fl (07-13-22)
Old 07-13-22, 07:57 AM
midcow3
Racer

Lightbulb ML would not rattle

Actually, ML could handle it without the rattle ..just pure exuberant sound. By the way, most loud Civis are not "souped up" they just have aftermarket exhaust systems that are very loud but add no power.

YMMV,
MidCow3
Old 07-13-22, 09:09 AM
midcow3
Racer

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by midcow3
Put a piece of cloth down or better yet, there are liners for tool boxes that are a kind of textured rubber; cut a piece of that and a problem is solved.
Which area? The driver's door panel or the center console lid?
Put the cloth or tool box liner underneath the sunglasses or underneath the coins, especially coins or pencils/pens/knives

YMMV,
MidCow3

Last edited by midcow3; 07-13-22 at 09:10 AM. Reason: or
Old 07-13-22, 09:18 AM
450hPlus
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by midcow3
Actually, ML could handle it without the rattle ..just pure exuberant sound. By the way, most loud Civis are not "souped up" they just have aftermarket exhaust systems that are very loud but add no power.

YMMV,
MidCow3
Lol!!! No offense, you know I like you, but this is hilarious coming from someone who has been waiting for a vehicle for a year, telling me about the mark Levinson when I have the mark Levinson on the NX 350T as a daily driver for six or seven months, a hip hop fan, blasting music. C'mon brother. You are wrong and you will be disappointed if u think u won't have rattles when blasting

Yes I know about civics...I was talking aftermarket, fast and furious days 25 years ago when my subs in the back in my blue CIVIC SI. Lol. Those were the days
Old 07-13-22, 10:09 AM
chuuck1e
Pit Crew

Received 95 Likes on 57 Posts

For me, I turn the sound system off when I am trying to determine if there are rattles. I am concerned about rattles/noise the car makes on its own, not about noise/vibration the sound system generates.

I had a Honda Civic with an aftermarket stereo system back in the day. That was when even the top of the line Civic did not come standard with a stereo system. You had to have it installed by the dealer, or get one elsewhere, which I did. I do not recall any rattling door panels, so I must not have cranked it up enough.
Old 07-21-22, 11:09 AM
MTL2022
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes, I can confirm that the rattle/vibration was somewhere on the driver side, I will have to take a look with "jkques" suggestion on my NX350h.
As for the noise coming from the Central Console, I've not notices it, since I've put on an after market cover (fleabay : 384787097438) on it

Quick Reply: Dashboard rattles??