NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Dashboard rattles??

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-22, 02:31 AM
kreativ
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by powerlover
I got scared hearing rattles on my new 2022 NX 350 F Sport, but it turned out to be my sunglasses in the sun glass compartment above the head =)) Aside from that interior of the NX is implacable and solid. Super quite
Same thing happened to me. That compartment became useless to me after that.
Old 08-18-22, 09:15 AM
alvinklee
Pit Crew

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Ihave1cat
This happened more when the weather was hotter, but basically when they disassembled it, they found plastic rubbing (maybe something else, but they didn't say). They put felt lining and soundproofing everywhere and now it's rock solid (knock on wood).
haven't heard anything after they fixed it.
Here's another video I took when my wife was driving (it's a little hard to hear, but way more evident when I was there - it was "clicking and rattling"
https://youtu.be/ZSgny0iYBaM
The disassembly took them around 6 hours of testing and troubleshooting - covered under warranty
If you can't get a service appointment quickly, there is a small "fix" you can do - if it bothers you that much:

You can take a credit card and slide it under there (make sure you can remove it!)
Now, your milage may vary, but it made things better for me until I got to the dealer.

The telltale sign of this was that the plastic (in the screenshot) would creek when pressed down. After the fix, no amount of force makes it squeak or creek.
Did the rattle sound like it was coming from the vent area? I am trying to figure out if this is the cause.

Thanks,

Alvin
Old 08-18-22, 09:17 AM
Ihave1cat
Intermediate

Received 139 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by alvinklee
Did the rattle sound like it was coming from the vent area? I am trying to figure out if this is the cause.
Thanks,
Alvin
Spot on - it was coming from the vent area. They ripped everything apart and added felt lining to fix the issue. No more rattles.
Old 08-23-22, 10:28 AM
alvinklee
Pit Crew

Spot on - it was coming from the vent area. They ripped everything apart and added felt lining to fix the issue. No more rattles.
Which dealership was this and do you have the summary of what they did in your receipt?

Thank you!
Old 08-23-22, 10:56 AM
MTL2022
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Just dropped my NX 350h this morning to my dealer and he swore he has not received any others NX owners complain about it, I've showed him this website and he said he don't trust thing on the net, he will have his tech tested out, just hope it will be fixed, because it's more and more annoying noise.
There's some vibration / rattles noise on the back passenger door area, but it's intermittence, I doubt they will fix that one.

Will report back in a couples days to let you all kwon it's fixed or not.
Old 08-23-22, 11:09 AM
midcow3
Racer

Received 531 Likes on 347 Posts
Question So where do you put sunglasses ..and umbrellas ?

Originally Posted by powerlover
I got scared hearing rattles on my new 2022 NX 350 F Sport, but it turned out to be my sunglasses in the sun glass compartment above the head =)) Aside from that interior of the NX is implacable and solid. Super quite
Originally Posted by kreativ
Related side question - The sun glass holder is way too small to store sunglasses, so where do you keep your sunglasses so they don't rattle, yet are easily accessible? Also, front door side pockets are very small; you can't store an umbrella,

YMMV,
MidCow3

The following users liked this post:
BWag2023 (10-27-23)
Old 08-23-22, 11:17 AM
nitrolada
Pit Crew

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by midcow3
Related side question - The sun glass holder is way too small to store sunglasses, so where do you keep your sunglasses so they don't rattle, yet are easily accessible? Also, front door side pockets are very small; you can't store an umbrella,

YMMV,
MidCow3
It's big enough to fit my large size aviators but you have to put them in a certain way to fit I find. I guess the cubbie beneath wireless charger is where I'd put it if not sunglass holder
Old 08-23-22, 12:58 PM
ct6978
Intermediate

Received 171 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by kreativ
Always takes me a few minutes of irritation (at the 'new' dash sound) before I realize the creaking coming from near the driver's door is from the water bottles we keep in the door.....I used to pad them in a previous car with a small cloth, but just never got around it with the NX. Our car has so far been really solid.
Old 08-23-22, 01:05 PM
Ihave1cat
Intermediate

Which dealership was this and do you have the summary of what they did in your receipt?
Thank you!
Not really a summary - but they basically ripped everything apart and insulated it with felt. That's what they told me, and no more rattles. I think any dealership would do that.
It was an involved job - they had my car for around 7 hours.
Old 08-23-22, 01:07 PM
Dorsai
Intermediate

Received 134 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by midcow3
Also, front door side pockets are very small; you can't store an umbrella,
Those useless door pockets are one of my minor gripes about the NX; my old RX had big deep pockets that one could put all kinds of things in...such as my 9mm. I've had to relocate it to the center console - not as convenient, plus I don't like it being within reach of my passengers, but I couldn't come up with a better alternative.
Old 08-23-22, 10:57 PM
alvinklee
Pit Crew

Not really a summary - but they basically ripped everything apart and insulated it with felt. That's what they told me, and no more rattles. I think any dealership would do that.
It was an involved job - they had my car for around 7 hours.
Thanks, for all the help. Which dealer was this?
Old 08-24-22, 03:26 AM
Dkaplan
Intermediate

Received 131 Likes on 90 Posts

No rattles in our 350h!
Old 08-24-22, 06:03 AM
MTL2022
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MTL2022
Just dropped my NX 350h this morning to my dealer and he swore he has not received any others NX owners complain about it, I've showed him this website and he said he don't trust thing on the net, he will have his tech tested out, just hope it will be fixed, because it's more and more annoying noise.
There's some vibration / rattles noise on the back passenger door area, but it's intermittence, I doubt they will fix that one.

Will report back in a couples days to let you all kwon it's fixed or not.
Just got my car back after leaving it at my dealer for 7h and here's what's showed on my invoice ($0 to pay of cause)
M-D'O------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#A 1 19LEZZ13-B DASH HRES : TECH(S):725 GARANTIE
CONDITION: AS PER GUEST HE HEARS A VIBRATION COMING FROM THE FRONT
DASH WHILE DRIVING
NOTE: AT ANY SPEED - GUEST THINKS IT MAY BE COMING FROM
DASH/VENTS
CAUSE: CONFIRMED NOISE
CORRECTION: INSOLATION ADDED TO DASH

PIECES-----QTE---PD-NUMERO---------------DESCRIPTION---------PRIX LISTE-PRIX UNITE-
1 08231-00810-WA OBS GARANTIE
TOTAL - PCES 0.00
#ACT 1 TOTAL ------------------------------------------------------------
#ACT 1 PREFIXE JOURNAL LECS #ACT 1 TOTAL 0.00

#ACT 2 FRAIS ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
M-D'O------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#A 2 19LEZZ06 DOOR(S) HRES : TECH(S):725 GARANTIE
CONDITION: VIBRATION COMING FROM THE REAR RIGHT DOOR WHILE DRIVING -
(INTERMITENT) PLS VERIFY
CAUSE: CONFIRMED NOISE
CORRECTION: RE AND RE DOOR PANEL TO INSOLATE. ROAD TEST AND NOISE WAS NO
HEARD

PIECES-----QTE---PD-NUMERO---------------DESCRIPTION---------PRIX LISTE-PRIX UNITE-
1 08231-00810-WA OBS GARANTIE
TOTAL - PCES 0.00
#ACT 2 TOTAL ------------------------------------------------------------
#ACT 2 PREFIXE JOURNAL LECS #ACT 2 TOTAL 0.00

#ACT 3 FRAIS ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#A 3 03LEZ PNEUS ET ROUES HRES : 0.01 TECH(S):725 0.00
CONDITION: AS PET GUEST - THERE IS A WISLE NOISE COMING FROM THE TIRES
WHILE DRIVING AT SLOW SPEED AND GOES AWAY WHEN ACCELERATING
CORRECTION: HYBRID NOISE WHEN COASTING
#ACT 3 TOTAL ------------------------------------------------------------

For the #3 cause, I'm not sure they catch the noise, but I will make record so next time they can made a proper troubleshooting.
As for the noise, I've not driving my NX that much to be sure, but suddenly it's became quieter LoL
Old 08-24-22, 07:18 AM
Ihave1cat
Intermediate

Thanks, for all the help. Which dealer was this?
I noticed you're in California, It's not Ontario, California - It's Ontario, Canada.
In any case, it's Lexus of London - really good folks there, probably the most pleasant dealership I've ever dealt with!
The following users liked this post:
LexusRX350L1 (10-25-23)
Old 08-24-22, 08:31 AM
nitrolada
Pit Crew

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

I noticed you're in California, It's not Ontario, California - It's Ontario, Canada.
In any case, it's Lexus of London - really good folks there, probably the most pleasant dealership I've ever dealt with!
i was at Lexus on the Park recently and the service experience was much more pleasant than purchasing (not saying purchasing was bad) and best i've received compared with BMW/MB/Porsche and improved from my last time with lexus (granted it was like many years ago and it was already very good before).

they were also very diligent in making sure that i'm able to give them a perfect 10 on the lexus survey that i'll get from dropping off car/workorder/pickup etc... when did lexus add in corporate survey for servicing?

Quick Reply: Dashboard rattles??