NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Dashboard rattles??

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-22, 08:57 AM
Ihave1cat
Intermediate

Received 139 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by nitrolada
i was at Lexus on the Park recently and the service experience was much more pleasant than purchasing (not saying purchasing was bad) and best i've received compared with BMW/MB/Porsche and improved from my last time with lexus (granted it was like many years ago and it was already very good before).
they were also very diligent in making sure that i'm able to give them a perfect 10 on the lexus survey that i'll get from dropping off car/workorder/pickup etc... when did lexus add in corporate survey for servicing?
It was a very pleasant experience. They washed my car inside and out, used a tire shine restorer, vacuumed all the crevices, and wiped down all the interrior/glass. I don't know if the survey is recent, but my previous car - Honda CRV, I had always received a survey from Honda bout how the service was. If I am not mistaken, it's directly tied to the compensation. The higher the rating, the more % they receive from Lexus for certain work. If the shop has a poor reputation, Lexus doesn't pay as much for warranty work.

After that service - my dashboard has never rattled again (the other rattle issues... well, are still a work in progress)
Old 08-25-22, 07:26 AM
JPB23
Driver

Received 38 Likes on 17 Posts

My dealer looked at it but couldn't pinpoint where it was coming from. The tech said they dislike taking things apart since this could create other issues. He stated that once there are 1,000 complaints, it goes to another level where it would lead to a recall. If it is happening to you, please check it in with the dealer so they will have the record.
Old 08-25-22, 08:26 AM
midcow3
Racer

Received 532 Likes on 347 Posts
Exclamation find problem cause and fix.

Originally Posted by JPB23
My dealer looked at it but couldn't pinpoint where it was coming from. The tech said they dislike taking things apart since this could create other issues. He stated that once there are 1,000 complaints, it goes to another level where it would lead to a recall. If it is happening to you, please check it in with the dealer so they will have the record.
If a specific action causes the noise and it is repeatable, any problem can be pinpointed. If this is true and the dealer won't take the time, they are either lazy or incompetent.

If the noise is not discernable and repeatable, then It is more difficult to diagnose. Every time the noise occurs you have to document all the environmental events leading you to the noise and look for some commonality.

Yes, the tech dislikes taking things apart because it is more work on his/her part. But if you can't easily repeat the issue then this is the best method.

All problems can be solved; some dealerships are either lazy or incompetent. Sometimes an escalation plan must be invoked.

YMMV,
MidCow3

Old 08-26-22, 09:14 AM
Ihave1cat
Intermediate

Originally Posted by JPB23
That's a totally different perspective than my dealer. They took it apart, fixed it, broke a piece of plastic in the process, and are replacing the panel with a new one.
It's not your fault that your brand new car has rattles and any dealer should fix them.

Lexus's viewpoint (at least in Canada) is the same.
Old 08-26-22, 12:25 PM
alvinklee
Pit Crew

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by MTL2022
Just got my car back after leaving it at my dealer for 7h and here's what's showed on my invoice ($0 to pay of cause)
M-D'O------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#A 1 19LEZZ13-B DASH HRES : TECH(S):725 GARANTIE
CONDITION: AS PER GUEST HE HEARS A VIBRATION COMING FROM THE FRONT
DASH WHILE DRIVING
NOTE: AT ANY SPEED - GUEST THINKS IT MAY BE COMING FROM
DASH/VENTS
CAUSE: CONFIRMED NOISE
CORRECTION: INSOLATION ADDED TO DASH

PIECES-----QTE---PD-NUMERO---------------DESCRIPTION---------PRIX LISTE-PRIX UNITE-
1 08231-00810-WA OBS GARANTIE
TOTAL - PCES 0.00
#ACT 1 TOTAL ------------------------------------------------------------
#ACT 1 PREFIXE JOURNAL LECS #ACT 1 TOTAL 0.00

#ACT 2 FRAIS ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
M-D'O------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#A 2 19LEZZ06 DOOR(S) HRES : TECH(S):725 GARANTIE
CONDITION: VIBRATION COMING FROM THE REAR RIGHT DOOR WHILE DRIVING -
(INTERMITENT) PLS VERIFY
CAUSE: CONFIRMED NOISE
CORRECTION: RE AND RE DOOR PANEL TO INSOLATE. ROAD TEST AND NOISE WAS NO
HEARD

PIECES-----QTE---PD-NUMERO---------------DESCRIPTION---------PRIX LISTE-PRIX UNITE-
1 08231-00810-WA OBS GARANTIE
TOTAL - PCES 0.00
#ACT 2 TOTAL ------------------------------------------------------------
#ACT 2 PREFIXE JOURNAL LECS #ACT 2 TOTAL 0.00

#ACT 3 FRAIS ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#A 3 03LEZ PNEUS ET ROUES HRES : 0.01 TECH(S):725 0.00
CONDITION: AS PET GUEST - THERE IS A WISLE NOISE COMING FROM THE TIRES
WHILE DRIVING AT SLOW SPEED AND GOES AWAY WHEN ACCELERATING
CORRECTION: HYBRID NOISE WHEN COASTING
#ACT 3 TOTAL ------------------------------------------------------------

For the #3 cause, I'm not sure they catch the noise, but I will make record so next time they can made a proper troubleshooting.
As for the noise, I've not driving my NX that much to be sure, but suddenly it's became quieter LoL
Went to some spots, to show them where the rattle would be. He confirmed it and then I showed them this and he is curious what they used to fix it. So he took a copy to see.
The following users liked this post:
LexusRX350L1 (10-25-23)
Old 08-26-22, 12:45 PM
MTL2022
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

@alvinklee, If you want my Dealer info, tell him to call : Spinelli Lexus Pointe-Claire
Drove quite a bit with it after the fix and it's now totally silence of those annoying vibration noise.
I still hear sometime the "squirt" noise from the engine but only if I roll my windows down and drive with the gaz engine at low speed.
Good luck to you to get it fix, hope you can use my invoice, if needed, I can sent it to you via PDF format.
Old 08-27-22, 10:47 PM
alvinklee
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by MTL2022
@alvinklee, If you want my Dealer info, tell him to call : Spinelli Lexus Pointe-Claire
Drove quite a bit with it after the fix and it's now totally silence of those annoying vibration noise.
I still hear sometime the "squirt" noise from the engine but only if I roll my windows down and drive with the gaz engine at low speed.
Good luck to you to get it fix, hope you can use my invoice, if needed, I can sent it to you via PDF format.
I think I will be okay. Thank you for the sweet offer! I think he might be able to check the cases online and see what other dealerships did. I asked for this particular technician. This technician resolved the rattle I had when I first got the 2015 Lexus IS350 F Sport and there was a rattle coming from the freaken window switches. Great dude. When I was driving the different roads and pointing out the rattle, he was trying to figure out what kind of vibrations and trying to figure out how it was vibrating like. Better than
The following users liked this post:
MTL2022 (08-29-22)
Old 09-01-22, 08:28 PM
echo500
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a few creaks and rattles that I went to the dealership for. There’s one on each side of the car and one coming from the dashboard.

The dealer thinks they were able to find the source for the one on the passenger side but they accidentally damaged the speaker grille area of the panel. So I have to wait for that to be replaced.

They think that the rattle coming from the driver side was caused by the rear seats not being locked in place, but I still hear the creaks after making sure it was locked in place.

Now I have to decide whether or not I should leave the car with the dealer for 3 days to find the rattle in the dashboard. They said that they don’t really recommend doing that as it might introduce new rattles the vehicle. Any advice from the group?
Old 09-02-22, 07:43 AM
Ihave1cat
Intermediate

Originally Posted by echo500
I have a few creaks and rattles that I went to the dealership for. There’s one on each side of the car and one coming from the dashboard.

The dealer thinks they were able to find the source for the one on the passenger side but they accidentally damaged the speaker grille area of the panel. So I have to wait for that to be replaced.

They think that the rattle coming from the driver side was caused by the rear seats not being locked in place, but I still hear the creaks after making sure it was locked in place.

Now I have to decide whether or not I should leave the car with the dealer for 3 days to find the rattle in the dashboard. They said that they don’t really recommend doing that as it might introduce new rattles the vehicle. Any advice from the group?
Here's my 5 cents after dealing with a significant number of issues with rattles all over the car. I don't really want to go into details, as I have a few escalated cases with Lexus - but from what Lexus Canada hs told me, is that they will ensure that the car is fixed. Any dealer that is like "meh, we may break something in the process" - or introduce new rattles is just being lazy. A tech's job is to fix their vehicle, and keep fixing it until it's fixed completely. My dealer broke a piece of plastic trim - well what seems to be a clip - now it's not quite flush. It's not a big issue, but they said that everything must be perfect.

I'd leave the car with them, and if they cause more issues - ask them to fix those too. If they won't - reach out to Lexus directly. My dealer has been proactive with fixing EVERYTHING and has gone above and beyond. They insist that this is the Lexus way, not a "we don't fix small issues" approach.
The following 3 users liked this post by Ihave1cat:
jardlr (09-02-22), jmaclennan (07-20-23), lsft (09-02-22)
Old 09-02-22, 11:50 AM
chiguy
Driver School Candidate

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

I have to say, knock on wood, that my 1-month old 450h+ is completely solid with no rattles at all, including even the driver side mirror which I paid particular attention to after seeing the issue mentioned a lot here. The only thing I've noticed that bugged me a little was a low whirring sound I kept noticing at low speed... then it dawned on me... that's the intentional sound it makes when driving around on battery power to warn pedestrians...

Last edited by chiguy; 09-04-22 at 09:23 AM.
Old 09-22-22, 11:46 AM
alvinklee
Pit Crew

I got my suv back after couple weeks. I think the rattle is gone from the driver side at least for now FINALLY. I am not sure if I am being picky at this point on anything else after driving the ES350H loaner. Wow, I think that probably has one of the most quietest luxurious interior. I noticed that the newer NX is not as luxurious.

Though, I am wondering if there is a rattle potential near the seatbelt adjuster actually. It comes and goes randomly, though its not as much of an issue as the dashboard rattle.
Old 09-27-22, 04:18 PM
snaxpierce
2nd gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Peterun
There’s a few mentions of rattles coming from the dashboard. How common is that?
I am taking delivery shortly of the NX450h. Rattles/creaks from dash, hatch, doors, windows, seats are not acceptable to me. They rarely have a happy ending and they greatly interfere with my enjoyment of the ride….for me. I know that if I go to the RX, it will be rattle free. Maybe that’s the route I should go?
My 2022 nx350h has a VERY annoying dashboard rattle. I took it in and they claimed they didn't hear it - even my passengers notice it, so I was shocked. I am taking it back in and test driving it WITH them! When you pay $50k+ for a car, you expect QUALITY!
Old 09-29-22, 07:35 AM
P5mmx10g
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

for my NX250 it rattles from sunglasses compartment, center console cover (double hinged door) when resting my elbow on it.
Old 10-06-22, 11:07 AM
newguytoda
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

mine rattled too
Old 05-26-23, 01:16 AM
makbn
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Ticking noise from rear passenger side

I have some weird ticking/rattling noise comming from rear passenger area (probably the door panel), anybody experienced similar issues?any idea?

video of the issue:

Quick Reply: Dashboard rattles??