NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Dashboard rattles??

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-23, 06:43 AM
Dorsai
Intermediate

Received 134 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by makbn
I have some weird ticking/rattling noise comming from rear passenger area (probably the door panel), anybody experienced similar issues?any idea?
I had noises in that area on both the driver and passenger sides, with the passenger side being the worse of the two. I talk about it a little in this post.
The following users liked this post:
makbn (05-26-23)
Old 06-17-23, 05:02 AM
hao006
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone got the same noise?

Anyone had solve this rattle noise please help
Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_0814.mov (8.00 MB, 92 views)
Old 07-06-23, 07:36 PM
makbn
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hao006
Anyone had solve this rattle noise please help
Yup! I finally fixed this annoying issue! It's coming from the rear doors where the plastic trim touches the door frame and it gets worse in warmer days. I was able to fix the issue by putting some soft plastic between the gap. Check the attached photo. It was a temporary fix till I went to my dealership and FORCED them to test drive the car and put some felt around the trims. The technicians in Lexus of Calgary believe these kinds of noises are normal in a ~$65K CAD car and will come and go with changes in temperature))))) I also have some buzzing noise coming from the seatbelt height adjuster's button and I was able to fix the noise by putting some flex tape between the button and its cover. I thought a new Lexus would be a high-quality comfortable car but ... and I'm sure it's not only my car's issue. I drove two other loaner NX 350 2023 and both of them had so many interior rattle noises coming from the B-pillar area and dashboard! it should be a recall case in my opinion.

The following 2 users liked this post by makbn:
Droid13 (07-07-23), nx450plus (07-07-23)
Old 07-07-23, 05:51 AM
Droid13
Racer

Received 573 Likes on 404 Posts

Yup! I finally fixed this annoying issue!
Thanks for that. Mine has also developed this little buzzy rattle on both rear doors, as mentioned by others, for some reason the passenger side is worst. I've been debating whether to attempt a fix myself, before the car's next inspection which will likely be in late August. I might try your temp solution as well.
makbn (07-07-23)
Old 07-07-23, 09:48 AM
jardlr
Driver

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

I have some weird ticking/rattling noise comming from rear passenger area (probably the door panel), anybody experienced similar issues?any idea?

video of the issue:
https://youtu.be/p660mLJVuVY
Same issue here. It's the speaker panel. Have someone drive to create the noise and press in on that panel and it goes away. I complained about it on the 5000 service and they claim they did something but it still buzzes. I've been going to my mechanic for recent oil changes, but for the 30k oil change, I'll probably have to bring it to the dealer again.
Old 07-07-23, 12:14 PM
Doug007
Intermediate

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts

I had the buzzing sound by the seatbelt adjust as well...it seems to have gone away with the warmer weather. Our Gen 2 NX is much quieter than our Gen 1, which we nicknamed "Squeaky". Lots of rattles, particularly around the dash.
Old 07-07-23, 01:00 PM
makbn
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jardlr
Same issue here. It's the speaker panel. Have someone drive to create the noise and press in on that panel and it goes away. I complained about it on the 5000 service and they claim they did something but it still buzzes. I've been going to my mechanic for recent oil changes, but for the 30k oil change, I'll probably have to bring it to the dealer again.
I thought that too but when you push the speaker panel, you actually stop the door's plastic trim from vibrating and hitting the door panel. if you can hear the same kind of noise, %90 should be in the same area. just put some soft plastic pieces there. If you find the exact location they will accept the fix otherwise you'll get your invoice with "was not able to duplicate the noise" on it.
jardlr (07-07-23)
Old 07-07-23, 01:04 PM
makbn
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Doug007
I had the buzzing sound by the seatbelt adjust as well...it seems to have gone away with the warmer weather. Our Gen 2 NX is much quieter than our Gen 1, which we nicknamed "Squeaky". Lots of rattles, particularly around the dash.
You can fix that too with flex tape:

BWag2023 (10-27-23)
Old 10-04-23, 09:36 PM
alvinklee
Pit Crew

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by alvinklee
I got my suv back after couple weeks. I think the rattle is gone from the driver side at least for now FINALLY. I am not sure if I am being picky at this point on anything else after driving the ES350H loaner. Wow, I think that probably has one of the most quietest luxurious interior. I noticed that the newer NX is not as luxurious.

Though, I am wondering if there is a rattle potential near the seatbelt adjuster actually. It comes and goes randomly, though its not as much of an issue as the dashboard rattle.
Seems that the rattle is back near the vent area from the dash. Any suggestions? I am waiting till my suv comes back from the bodyshop from a rear ended accident to get lexus to address the dash.
Old 10-05-23, 01:32 PM
SeismicGuy
Pit Crew

Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

One of the few side benefits of getting "older" is that you tend not to hear the various squeaks and rattles that most vehicles end up getting
Old 10-26-23, 10:17 AM
jsmith
Pit Crew

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

In my case, it's the armrest that creaks. I push on it a little bit and it's creaking, so while driving if my arm is on it, it will creak at every opportunity. At least it's very easy to reproduce. We'll see what the dealer does...
Old 10-30-23, 04:14 PM
jsmith
Pit Crew

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by jsmith
In my case, it's the armrest that creaks. I push on it a little bit and it's creaking, so while driving if my arm is on it, it will creak at every opportunity. At least it's very easy to reproduce. We'll see what the dealer does...
Figured this one out. Actually, both driver and passenger sides were creaking! It was right where the plastic panel meets the door frame, squeaking when it rubbed. I squirted a little WD-40 on it and the squeak disappeared. I expect it to come back when the WD-40 dries off, will have to figure out a more lasting lubricant.
makbn (10-30-23)
Old 02-01-24, 01:19 AM
alvinklee
Pit Crew

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Just got my suv back after couple of weeks. He believes he finally solved the rattles. The dealership was pretty awesome and addressed all the issues I had without a hitch.

1. Driver's side mirror finally replaced.
2. Door had a weird squeak and they noted that there was some gap to the frame, so the master tech did his magic there to resolve that. Seems rock solid now.
3. Wireless charger was updated and now works for my new phones without a hitch.
4. Dash rattle is now completely gone. He isolated it to the steering column cover of all places. He removed the steering column cover and it disappeared. He then put it back and heard it, so they added some noise isolation stuff and now it resolved.
5. battery died and they were confused why. Replaced it with no charge. All in all lexus took good care of me.
Xanadu350 (02-01-24)
Old 02-08-24, 12:14 AM
lexuselectric
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi. Does anyone have this kind of dashboard rattle over some country roads? Im really disappointed lexus nx have rattle after 6000km.