NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Why No Panoramic Moon Roof On NX 450h+?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-22, 01:09 PM
midcow3
Racer

Received 567 Likes on 375 Posts
Lightbulb What will Lexus say when offered in future ?

Originally Posted by NiCoRe
Panoramic roof and M&L are unavailable worldwide for 450h+. There are no workarounds at this time.
There may be structural constraints on top of weight issues
I don't think it is a weight issue on the Panoramic roof. and on the ML I think the large battery might have taken the amplifier space and Lexus didn't want to rework it for the 450h+ so it could have ML. . All of the excluded options could have been added to the 450h+ .... Don't be surprised if you can get these features In 2023.

Even more strange is when you opt for the F-sport Lexus deletes the ability to add certain options/features. There is absolutely no reason to eliminate these features.

YMMV,
MidCow3

Old 03-02-22, 01:17 PM
gcskoor
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by gwang267
I have spoken to some Lexus Canada Corporate engineers and I believe weight is a major concern hence the lack of M&L and Pano roof. As is the 450H+ already lost out on a noticeable amount of EV range due to weight in comparison with the rav4 Prime.
Yeah, I skipped the 450h+ partially for the lack of EV range, so any less just make it less desirable. I decided to either go old schools hybrid like the 350h or just wait a year or more and go all EV.

I am starting to get in the PHEV camp, not just Toyota, that PHEVs do nothing well. On paper, they look great- you have an EV, reasonable MPG when not in EV, and high performance- who would not love it?

But the reality, not much EV range, esp in cold. Basically a short mileage city luxury LR golf cart. LOL. If you do much any highway or longer trips, you are just lugging a lot of dead weight battery without your ML sound and pan roof. Sad. If you try to use it in EV mode only, which some could do, you go all the issue of essential an ICE in storage. And still need to run the ICE and maintain it- like any ICE that you never use much, plus lugging that ICE dead weight around for short trips. And if you only need 40 or less miles per day, you are essentially just doing short trips and an maybe a cheaper EV daily driver might be best- or just some small ICE. And if performance is you game, EV is the place to be today.

I know some will disagree, but I think one should think seriously of their "use case"
NX 350h Luxury with ML and pan roof on order.
Old 03-02-22, 01:54 PM
midcow3
Racer

Received 567 Likes on 375 Posts
Lightbulb EV range should not be of concern

Originally Posted by gwang267
I have spoken to some Lexus Canada Corporate engineers and I believe weight is a major concern hence the lack of M&L and Pano roof. As is the 450H+ already lost out on a noticeable amount of EV range due to weight in comparison with the rav4 Prime.
[QUOTE=gcskoor;11239499]Yeah, I skipped the 450h+ partially for the lack of EV range, so any less just make it less desirable. I decided to either go old schools hybrid like the 350h or just wait a year or more and go all EV.

I am not sure I understand the Lexus NX 450h+ EV range is 37 miles and the RAV4 Prime is 42. This is only 6 miles more in the RAV4 Prime.

Once the EV range runs out in the NX 450h+ is acts as a normal hybrid and gets a combined 36 mpg. This is only 3 mpg less than NX 350h

If Lexus has offered all luxury options on the 450h+ then everyone would have bought an NX 450h+, especially since the $7,500 tax credit evens the prices between the 350h and the 450h+. Lexus made marketing and bean counter decisions to spread out the buying between the different NX models.

The RAV4 Prime is much less luxurious than the NX 450h+ but offers a lot lower price, better mpg, and better acceleration.

I only decided to get the NX 350h instead of the NX 450h+ mainly because of the lack of the Mark Levinson audio. I also would have gotten other packages/accessories that are available on the NX 350h. I personally think Lexus made a big marketing mistake.

However, one caveat on the NX 350h that most people are not considering ... The 450h+ has a much more complicated engine system than the 350h and long-term if you keep the car a long time IT WILL COST MORE TO SERVICE.

Peace to all and expedited chip availability and delivery of our Lexus NXs.

YMMV,
MidCow3

Old 04-19-22, 11:39 AM
nucleon
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

My (now former) salesman messaged me the other day. "We have an NX450h+ coming in and I wanted to give you the first option to buy it!"

OK, tell me the numbers. First, he undercut the value of my trade by $1,000-$3,000. Then...this....

Sorry. I know times are tough, but I will NOT hand over $5,000 Dealer Greed Appeasement. I have purchased eight cars from this dealership. There will NOT be a ninth.

Maybe I'll just put in an order for a Tesla Model S. Not that much more money and I'm feeling like supporting Elon Musk this week.

Last edited by nucleon; 04-19-22 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Additional comments
The following 3 users liked this post by nucleon:
hintonwood (04-19-22), Longtee81 (04-19-22), Nx350fspt (04-20-22)
Old 04-19-22, 12:10 PM
Lexus22563
Intermediate

Received 89 Likes on 58 Posts

Absolutely do not pay the 5k nor the dealer add one. Maybe add on if you feel there is value. But this offer is outrageous. Complain to Lexus corporate
or just say no.
Old 04-19-22, 12:45 PM
Dorsai
Intermediate

Received 134 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by nucleon

Sorry. I know times are tough, but I will NOT hand over $5,000 Dealer Greed Appeasement. I have purchased eight cars from this dealership. There will NOT be a ninth.
That's a lot of cars to have purchased from one dealership - maybe you can point this out to them, and see if it's really worth $5K (plus the other BS add-ons, of course) to them to drive you off? Most dealers will work hard to maintain a customer like you.
Old 04-20-22, 04:58 PM
nucleon
Driver School Candidate

Default Lexus Answers…

I tattled about the gouging to Lexus. I shouldn’t have bothered.

”Thank you for contacting Lexus and sharing your feedback. We believe it’s in the best interest of Lexus customers, Lexus dealers and the Lexus brand for customers to be able to purchase Lexus vehicles with full confidence in their buying experience, including the price they pay and the value they receive. As part of our effort to promote customer confidence and satisfaction, we have established a Manufacturers’ Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) for each of the Lexus models that we offer. Lexus dealers are independently owned and operated businesses, and we cannot mandate the actual retail price at which independent dealers sell their inventory. We have spent decades earning the trust and confidence of Lexus customers and we will continue to work diligently to help ensure that customers who purchase our vehicles retain confidence in Lexus and our more than 240 independent Lexus dealers.

Your comment has been documented at our National Headquarters. Sincerely, Elizabeth Lexus Brand Engagement Center”
The following users liked this post:
vraa (04-22-22)
Old 04-22-22, 02:24 PM
nucleon
Driver School Candidate

Talked to my salesperson today. He tells me that this dealer is NOT "adjusting market value" across the board, but just on the very unusual and desirable models such as the first NX 450h+ to hit this area (probably the only one for a while). I replied that I'm glad they aren't doing this with all cars, but reminded him about my eight previous purchases and suggested that the optics of adding profit in this manner were not good for his dealership. We parted friends, but I'm not going to be buying from them any time soon.
Old 04-22-22, 04:41 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 358 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by nucleon
Talked to my salesperson today. He tells me that this dealer is NOT "adjusting market value" across the board, but just on the very unusual and desirable models such as the first NX 450h+ to hit this area (probably the only one for a while). I replied that I'm glad they aren't doing this with all cars, but reminded him about my eight previous purchases and suggested that the optics of adding profit in this manner were not good for his dealership. We parted friends, but I'm not going to be buying from them any time soon.
That is so dumb dude, when mine comes you can have it; mine is coming at MSRP - shipping to S C should be 1200$
The following users liked this post:
nucleon (04-22-22)