NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Latest on custom builds + dealer markup

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-22 | 02:29 PM
NJRonbo
Driver

Default Latest on custom builds + dealer markup

So, I spoke to my dealer here in NJ about the status of custom ordering my 2022 NX 350h

Right now, still no custom orders. However, speaking to reps, there is hope that custom orders will begin next month and then a 3-4 month wait after that for the car to be built.

This is not a promise, just speculation at this point.

Also, the dealership (and I am being told all other Lexus dealerships) are marking the vehicles up $3-5k due to the market climate.

Just a horrible time to purchase any new car. Unfortunately, my current lease is expiring soon. I can extend it another 6 months but it doesn't look like anything will improve by year's end.

Old 01-13-22 | 02:36 PM
Geopoz
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NJRonbo
So, I spoke to my dealer here in NJ about the status of custom ordering my 2022 NX 350h

Right now, still no custom orders. However, speaking to reps, there is hope that custom orders will begin next month and then a 3-4 month wait after that for the car to be built.

This is not a promise, just speculation at this point.

Also, the dealership (and I am being told all other Lexus dealerships) are marking the vehicles up $3-5k due to the market climate.

Just a horrible time to purchase any new car. Unfortunately, my current lease is expiring soon. I can extend it another 6 months but it doesn't look like anything will improve by year's end.
My dealer quoted me msrp as long as I'm in there sales area. 45 minutes away from me. If you buy from outside there area, they are tacking on extra over the msrp.
Old 01-13-22 | 02:39 PM
NJRonbo
Driver

Originally Posted by Geopoz
My dealer quoted me msrp as long as I'm in there sales area. 45 minutes away from me. If you buy from outside there area, they are tacking on extra over the msrp.
Hey buddy! That's great news.

I am only 15 minutes away from the dealer. He did say that they would look into adjusting the markup pending when the preordering becomes available but I fear there will be one.
Old 01-13-22 | 02:52 PM
Geopoz
Intermediate

Hey hope all is good, yea who know what will happen when the time comes. I've found a few that come close to what I want but I'm not going to give in. My dealer said they will have any car I want shipped if I find it at another dealer.
Old 01-13-22 | 02:56 PM
NJRonbo
Driver

Hey hope all is good, yea who know what will happen when the time comes. I've found a few that come close to what I want but I'm not going to give in. My dealer said they will have any car I want shipped if I find it at another dealer.
Geo, what are you specifically looking for?

I think I shared my build with you. Heck, I think you were the guy that helped me put it together. I'll include it in this message. It's basically a loaded 350h. Every possible feature you can put into the vehicle is what I am aiming for.

Listen, if I am going to buy a vehicle that I am going to be driving for the next 8+ years, I want it perfect. I am sure you feel the same way.

Attached Files
Old 01-13-22 | 03:10 PM
DampDuffer
Intermediate

My dealer says they have no plans to add any mark-up to the MSRP.

Also said that custom orders may begin as soon as May or June, but not to expect more than a couple per dealership per month!

Obviously, long time customers are able to tell their salesperson what colors and specs they want, and as soon as the dealer's allocation is known they give the customer a call to inquire if they want it. If not, they move on to the next customer.

For the most part, new NXs are listed on their website as "incoming," but in reality, most are already spoken for.

Just for grins, I looked at a 2020 F-Sport with 7,000 miles on it that was a trade-in for an RX. When new, the MSRP was $49,900 including $1,050 shipping and handling. The USED price is 48,900. Nice car, but...
Old 01-13-22 | 03:16 PM
Geopoz
Intermediate

Geo, what are you specifically looking for?

I think I shared my build with you. Heck, I think you were the guy that helped me put it together. I'll include it in this message. It's basically a loaded 350h. Every possible feature you can put into the vehicle is what I am aiming for.

Listen, if I am going to buy a vehicle that I am going to be driving for the next 8+ years, I want it perfect. I am sure you feel the same way.
I also am looking for a loaded 350 or 350h but I don't want the self parking option and that is being added to most luxury trims. I don't know how to add my build to the forum or I would.
Old 01-13-22 | 03:31 PM
NJRonbo
Driver

I also am looking for a loaded 350 or 350h but I don't want the self parking option and that is being added to most luxury trims. I don't know how to add my build to the forum or I would.
If it is a file just upload it as you would an image. Click on the little UPLOAD button (square button with mountains) and put your file in there.
Old 01-13-22 | 04:55 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Another thing to consider is if you want to custom order and you can’t until May or June by the time you get your car it will be Fall 2022 and the 2023’s will be released. That doesn’t make sense to me, might as well try and find a 2022 that’s as close to what you want instead of custom order.
Old 01-13-22 | 05:12 PM
midcow3
Racer

Lightbulb my dealer said I could order , but ...

My dealer said I could order but it would be months. He found one scheduled for production that had everything I wanted except for the "power-folding rear seats" which is a frivolous option anyway. Plus it had some accessories and options I wouldn't have ordered. I got to change to redline and palomino colors.

So sometime, hopefully near future, I will have my NX,

YMMV,
Midcow3
Old 01-13-22 | 06:22 PM
Geopoz
Intermediate

If it is a file just upload it as you would an image. Click on the little UPLOAD button (square button with mountains) and put your file in there.
Build site is down, lost my build. I'll have to try it again latter.
Old 01-13-22 | 07:25 PM
Geopoz
Intermediate

Build site is down, lost my build. I'll have to try it again latter.
Build site on lexus won't load on my cell phone at this point, worked fine any other time. On my computer it worked but now it won't let me add ML with luxury trim on either the 350 or the 350h. WTF
Old 01-13-22 | 08:11 PM
midcow3
Racer

Angry

Build site on lexus won't load on my cell phone at this point, worked fine any other time. On my computer it worked but now it won't let me add ML with luxury trim on either the 350 or the 350h. WTF
Lexus updated it yesterday or the day before and now it doesn't work; there is the glitch you mentioned plus a lot of others
Old 01-14-22 | 07:05 AM
Geopoz
Intermediate

Ron, still working on attaching my build.

Last edited by Geopoz; 01-14-22 at 07:09 AM.
Old 01-14-22 | 08:33 AM
Pharbor
Pit Crew

I have not seen the 450h+ without mark up, at least right now.

Quick Reply: Latest on custom builds + dealer markup