NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Hitch Integration

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-22, 05:57 PM
gadgetguy3
10th Gear

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptAngry
I got told by my dealer yesterday that the actual Lexus tow hitch would NEVER be available for the 350h

To get a bike rack on the car, I then ordered an activity mount from a local dealer. They just cancelled my order with no reasoning! Waiting on a call back about that one!

gadgetguy's custom hitch got me thinking, so I reached out to a local custom hitch fabricator. Still waiting to hear back from them as well. This is getting quite frustrating!
would not try and get quote on phone. They need to see car first. When I connect bike rack I must turn off rear sensors. When bike rack is off all sensors work normal. Install took about 2hrs with only thing removed was tow hook. Hitch receiver does not interfere with normal operation of car. Install was on NX 450h+, and installer was professional.
Old 06-08-22, 06:22 PM
ctripps2k
Pit Crew

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by W55Nickel
Hello, I work at a Lexus Dealership as a parts person. This my first post and I'm just here trying to help out. From my understanding, yes there is a tow package available from factory but only for the cars equipped with it from factory. We don't install any hitches nor can we even order them because we don't want people putting the hitches on without the upgraded radiator, and trans oil cooler because we don't want people towing when their vehicle is not properly equipped for it. Also, the rear bumper sensors are in different positions on the tow package one because the sensors, especially with bikes with go crazy.
I think you should do a little more research on this answer. Dealers have been told that one was going to be available for them to install in the spring and then it was pushed to July. More than one dealership has had that answer. Also, I don’t think there has been a car that has not had that tow package come from the factory. Every sticker that I have seen has had that on there. So, maybe a little more research on your part may pay off for us.
Old 06-09-22, 08:55 AM
CaptAngry
Pit Crew

Received 80 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by gadgetguy3
would not try and get quote on phone. They need to see car first. When I connect bike rack I must turn off rear sensors. When bike rack is off all sensors work normal. Install took about 2hrs with only thing removed was tow hook. Hitch receiver does not interfere with normal operation of car. Install was on NX 450h+, and installer was professional.
I absolutely wouldn't trust a quote without them seeing the car. I was starting the convo about whether they were even willing to do it.
The following users liked this post:
SgtLip (06-25-23)
Old 06-09-22, 01:03 PM
abeschloss
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

One more questions. When you say you turn off the rear sensors what are you turning off? Do you mean turning off driver assist or are there controls to specifically turn off specific sensors? I try looking in the manual but I find the manual to be an unintuitive mess with a useless index and filled to 50% with stupid warning boxes.
SgtLip (06-25-23)
Old 06-09-22, 01:58 PM
gadgetguy3
10th Gear

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

On the Nav screen go into vehicle. then driving assist and turn off Rear cross traffic alert, Parking support brake and maybe Rear camera detection. Not sure about blind spot monitor - depends on how wide your bikes are. Point is on this screen you will need to turn some things off so you can back your car up without the brakes automatically being applied and lots of alarms going off. One more thing, If you have the foot control for opening the rear hatch, I recommend turning that off or the hatch might hit you in the head when your are connecting the bike rack to the hitch or putting the bikes on the rack.
The following 2 users liked this post by gadgetguy3:
abeschloss (06-09-22), SgtLip (06-25-23)
Old 06-12-22, 07:01 AM
gman2727
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think this is a pretty big open question as to if they ever plan on allowing the a Tow Hitch Package to be installed on the 22’ NX (whether at the dealership or from the factory). I know for me it doesn’t make sense as to why they would equip the engine with another package to be able to actually tow but would fall short of not giving consumers the option to add the tow package even if at a later date. I too am going to circle back with my local dealership as this really has been made clear at all by Lexus in terms of this additional option being available or not.
Old 06-15-22, 02:22 PM
CaptAngry
Pit Crew

I just got off the phone with the local parts department about ordering an Activity Mount as a stop-gap so we can at least haul bikes. They are now 100% unavailable as Lexus put a stop-order on all of them due to some manufacturing issue (supply chain or some other issue he didn't know). So now there are ZERO options available, short of a custom made mount...
Old 06-15-22, 05:23 PM
gb350h
Rookie

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

I just got off the phone with the local parts department about ordering an Activity Mount as a stop-gap so we can at least haul bikes. They are now 100% unavailable as Lexus put a stop-order on all of them due to some manufacturing issue (supply chain or some other issue he didn't know). So now there are ZERO options available, short of a custom made mount...
You can get a trunk bike rack instead if you only need to carry one or two bikes.
Old 06-15-22, 05:43 PM
CaptAngry
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by gb350h
You can get a trunk bike rack instead if you only need to carry one or two bikes.
That is an absolute no-go. One, those things don't hold modern full suspension bikes. And two... you are just asking for paint damage

I'd rather just drive my truck
Old 06-16-22, 06:31 AM
gb350h
Rookie

That is an absolute no-go. One, those things don't hold modern full suspension bikes. And two... you are just asking for paint damage

I'd rather just drive my truck
oh yeah full suspension bikes will be a different story. I saw someone using this.

https://www.thule.com/en-ca/bike-rac...orm-2-_-993005
Old 06-17-22, 10:49 AM
gb350h
Rookie

I saw draw-tite website has this class 3 hitch available for 2022 Lexus NX 350h. model#76201 however it said Trailer Hitch Class III, 2 in. Receiver Compatible with Toyota RAV4. the application section even mentioned the install time for all new 2022 NX models. does it mean it's also compatible with our 350h?

I've reached out to their customer support and see if they posted it by mistake or it's indeed compatible with nx350h as well.

Link: https://www.draw-tite.com/products/t...ii-iv-receiver

Last edited by gb350h; 06-17-22 at 11:09 AM. Reason: add more information
SgtLip (06-25-23)
Old 06-17-22, 05:11 PM
gb350h
Rookie

Update: Draw-Tite technical support got back to me confirmed that the hitch receiver model#76201 will fit the following vehicle make and models. and it's a no drill application. it is compatible with both Rav4 and the NX series vehicle as it is the same frame.

I also called a local hitch store and confirmed that no drill required for 2022 Lexus NX 350h. I'm gonna looking around for a store letting me try the hitch just to make sure no drilling or cutting whatsoever.
ote:
Year Make/Model/Style
2021 - 2022 Lexus, NX250, All Styles
2021 - 2022 Lexus, NX350, Except F Sport
2021 - 2022 Lexus, NX350h, All Styles
2021 - 2022 Lexus, NX450h+, Except F Sport
2019 - 2022 Toyota, RAV4, All Styles
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
N76201.pdf (1.77 MB, 345 views)

Last edited by gb350h; 06-20-22 at 08:07 AM. Reason: uploaded the installation guide from the tech support guy
SgtLip (06-25-23)
Old 06-17-22, 06:21 PM
Lakerstrg
Pit Crew

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I hope the draw tight works on our NX's. Got one one my sienna and it's the best hitch out there. All hidden underneath the vehicle. Only thing visible is the receiver, super clean set up.
SgtLip (06-25-23)
Old 06-18-22, 05:11 AM
gman2727
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

So I am aware the towing capacity of the NX 350h has always been rated at 2k lbs. However my 5 X 6 enclosed utility trailer when loaded weighs about 2.4k lbs but has electric brakes with a Tekonsha Wireless RF Brake Controller. Therefore, my question is has anyone seen or have any data points that would support towing a trailer that is slightly over the rated 2k limit if electric brakes included? Wasn’t sure if there a different rating available when factoring in electric brakes? I don’t tow that often but of course don’t want to void any warranties or potentially damage the suv especially with the electric motors playing a role.
Old 06-18-22, 04:12 PM
agfdsok
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joelkamp
Still cross shopping the NX, with RDX and GV70. As an avid biker I need a 2 inch hitch receiver to carry my bike rack. Can anyone share a photo to show how integrated the factory tow hitch looks on the NX, specifically the F-sport if possible. I have not been able to find any images online yet nor make it to a dealer. I think the GV70 is off my list due to it having the most hideous looking hitch option ever. The GV70 is a gorgeous car, but Genesis seemed to have completely forgotten that someone might want to have a hitch when they did the design.
the reason why you didn’t find any images because it don’t have any hitch or mount on the NX now. Even though it show on VIN check up and window stickers. The dealer said that the 160$ towing capacity will come with all NX but nothing actually installed. They said it will come with bigger cooler or something but you can’t get a NX without it. I call the dealership and Lexus to confirm that.

Quick Reply: Hitch Integration