NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Premium vs Luxury package?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-22, 09:59 AM
22LexusNX
8th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Premium vs Luxury package?

I'm debating whether to get the premium package vs the luxury package. There is one dealer that has a premium package but is selling $2000 over MSRP because I'm not local. My local dealership has a 350H luxury package selling at MSRP. The price difference will be $4000 after taxes and fees, making the luxury package at $60K. To me $60K for an NX seems very high, and I don't really need all the add-ons from the luxury package (moonroof, heated rear seats, surround view, etc.). But on the other hand, I don't like the idea of spending $2000 for nothing. I'm planning to keep the vehicle as a long term vehicle. Anything else I should be considering? resale value?
Old 01-22-22, 10:04 AM
Geopoz
Intermediate

Received 81 Likes on 62 Posts

Your lucky to find a luxury trim in your area. There is none to be had by me. It's all personal preference. I do think the more loaded the better resale.
Old 01-22-22, 10:42 AM
Esuric86
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 22LexusNX
I'm debating whether to get the premium package vs the luxury package. There is one dealer that has a premium package but is selling $2000 over MSRP because I'm not local. My local dealership has a 350H luxury package selling at MSRP. The price difference will be $4000 after taxes and fees, making the luxury package at $60K. To me $60K for an NX seems very high, and I don't really need all the add-ons from the luxury package (moonroof, heated rear seats, surround view, etc.). But on the other hand, I don't like the idea of spending $2000 for nothing. I'm planning to keep the vehicle as a long term vehicle. Anything else I should be considering? resale value?
What are you getting with the luxury package that you won't have with the premium package? I went with premium because the dealer marked it up $2,500 but I wish I had the better cluster, the HUD, heated rear seats, etc.
Old 01-22-22, 11:00 AM
22LexusNX
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Esuric86
What are you getting with the luxury package that you won't have with the premium package? I went with premium because the dealer marked it up $2,500 but I wish I had the better cluster, the HUD, heated rear seats, etc.
HUD, heated and power rear seats, advanced park, lane change assist, surround view, moonroof, etc. They are nice to have, and I think I can afford it. My concern is whether $60K for an NX is too much. This is RX territory now.
Old 01-22-22, 11:12 AM
Esuric86
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

HUD, heated and power rear seats, advanced park, lane change assist, surround view, moonroof, etc. They are nice to have, and I think I can afford it. My concern is whether $60K for an NX is too much. This is RX territory now.
Those features, for an additional $4,000, seems like a good deal to me. Technically speaking, $56K is also "Rx territory." On another note, what rate are you getting on the loan?
Old 01-22-22, 12:13 PM
ctripps2k
Pit Crew

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts

heated and power rear seats are not part of the luxury package. Either is advance Park. Both of these are options and not part of the luxury package

Last edited by ctripps2k; 01-22-22 at 12:21 PM.
Old 01-22-22, 12:48 PM
22LexusNX
8th Gear

Originally Posted by ctripps2k
heated and power rear seats are not part of the luxury package. Either is advance Park. Both of these are options and not part of the luxury package
I should have specified. These are the addons on top of the luxury package. And I don’t really need these addons. My dealership is not taking custom orders at the moment.
Old 01-24-22, 08:20 AM
bbr00ks
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Got the premium 350h because I had to have H/V Seats as well as memory. Was forced to accept the Smart Key and 14in Multimedia display as according to the dealer the cars "don't come any other way" - that's +$1500 so that's near $5000 extra just to get the few things I wanted - memory seats + H/V seats. One big drawback for me is that the seats and paneling are not even leather. Leather smells nice and wears very well - at least it did in my previous Lexus. The new car is nice but it stinks of new plastic and vinyl smell. I wanted to keep the car < $50K but in retrospect I should have bucked up the extra $2K for the Luxury Package.
Old 01-24-22, 08:55 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 722 Likes on 529 Posts

Originally Posted by bbr00ks
Got the premium 350h because I had to have H/V Seats as well as memory. Was forced to accept the Smart Key and 14in Multimedia display as according to the dealer the cars "don't come any other way" - that's +$1500 so that's near $5000 extra just to get the few things I wanted - memory seats + H/V seats. One big drawback for me is that the seats and paneling are not even leather. Leather smells nice and wears very well - at least it did in my previous Lexus. The new car is nice but it stinks of new plastic and vinyl smell. I wanted to keep the car < $50K but in retrospect I should have bucked up the extra $2K for the Luxury Package.
I think you will find the Lexus synthetic leather (NuLuxe) is very nice. I have had several Lexus vehicles with both, and the NuLuxe has worn better (no cracks/wrinkles over time) and is easier to take care of than the leather. In some ways I prefer it, but I also like that leather odor of natural hide so I do understand your point. Give it a chance and I think you will like it.
Old 01-24-22, 12:59 PM
Jawnathin
Driver

Received 63 Likes on 26 Posts

I am also a fan of synthetic leather (NuLuxe) when done correctly. The low quality stuff is no good but high quality stuff can feel and look as nice as real leather while also wears much better.
The following users liked this post:
lsft (01-24-22)
Old 01-27-22, 05:57 PM
radiologym
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Can one spray/treat NuLuxe to feel less dry, more like semi aniline leather?
Old 01-28-22, 02:18 PM
nigel821
Racer

Received 782 Likes on 485 Posts

I never got the comparison of NX vs RX, IE: You can spend $60k for a fully loaded, every option NX. But unless you NEED the extra space for an RX, do you like the RX better than the NX? If you need a bigger vehicle to me then one shouldn't be looking at the NX but it's no where near as small as the UX. So personally I like the size of the NX. If it was me, i'd go luxury all the way. You spend more, but just as you said, you are spending $2k over MSRP (which is silly to me) for a lesser vehicle... If you have $2k to **** away or it doesn't matter than it's up to you.

Personally I'd never pay over MSRP for a vehicle. This shortage/crisis will eventually go down. Couple that with the fact that this vehicle is new because of the face lift and new tech so it's high demand... it will eventually chill out. Just like when the 15' NX came out and it was a hot item.

When I am building an NX I'm torn between the 350 Luxury and or the 350H Luxury. I'm waiting to see more people chiming in on the MPG on the H model... But I'm literally picking every option and the car is just about $60k. That's not bad to me honestly considering what you are getting. I mean heck you can spec out different model cars to their bigger brothers but it's all in what you want. IE: I can spec a Porsche Cayman for right around or above a base 911 model, but that doesn't necessarily mean I want a 911... Same applies above to the NX/RX.

My wife spent almost $50k for her 18' NX luxury and when I am looking at the new ones saying spending the $10k more to get something that look 100x better and has a much nicer interior/tech is a no brainer. If it wasn't so hard to get the current model she would have sold hers already honestly, probably would have gotten most of her money back on the 18'...lol

The less people pay for stupid dealer markups the quicker dealers will stop that nonsense.

-Nigel
The following 4 users liked this post by nigel821:
DampDuffer (01-28-22), dklanecky1 (01-30-22), jer (01-28-22), ratheesh (01-28-22)
Old 01-28-22, 02:58 PM
bbr00ks
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Not sure how you get to 60K. My 350h was $50K out the door. I got the premium package + 14in screen - for another 3K you could add 20in wheels, leather, the 14in screen (highly recommend) wood trim and heads up display. In retrospect if I could do it again I would opt for this - mostly for the leather.
Old 01-31-22, 11:52 AM
nigel821
Racer

Received 782 Likes on 485 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by bbr00ks
Not sure how you get to 60K. My 350h was $50K out the door. I got the premium package + 14in screen - for another 3K you could add 20in wheels, leather, the 14in screen (highly recommend) wood trim and heads up display. In retrospect if I could do it again I would opt for this - mostly for the leather.
I got the 350H almost at 60k with pretty much everything we want on it. If we could get a decent amount back for my wife's 18' NX I think this would be an easy choice. Hell my wife spent about $50k on her 18', so an extra 10k to get something way better with better tech and looks is a win.

-Nigel
The following users liked this post:
Pharbor (02-01-22)
Old 01-31-22, 02:34 PM
midcow3
Racer

Received 643 Likes on 426 Posts
Post Lexol Vinylex

Originally Posted by radiologym
Can one spray/treat NuLuxe to feel less dry, more like semi aniline leather?
Use Lexol Vinylex

Quick Reply: Premium vs Luxury package?