NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Remote Connect and Multiple Users

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-22, 01:03 PM
ct6978
Intermediate

Received 171 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Lrlaz
So the settings will be based on the profile associated to the keyfob, correct? The 450H is my wife's car and she wants to use the Lexus app to warm her car at work. Sharing the app ID and using the keyfob as the driver profiles would work great. Hopefully that's the case.
Yes. Make sure to link her key fob to her profile, happy to help if you need more details on this. Who is signed into the app doesn't actually matter for recognition purposes after initial profile setup in the car, you could also/instead use her phone as an identifier, but I'd suggest keeping it simple and using just the fob. You can be signed into the app on her phone without any issues, that's how both my wife's and my NX are set up.

The car has at least 4 unique memory settings per profile. You have the 3 buttons on the door and the car also remembers the last seat position you had, which doesn't necessarily have to match one of the buttons. If you've ever switched profiles manually or if the car initially recognized one profile but then 'sensed' the other fob/phone and offered to switch to that person it then asks if you want to recall the seat position....that is what it recalling. The only problem with seats my wife and I face is when I drive her car after she's been driving and it thinks it's still her....she's a bit shorter than me and the seat pushes forward on power on. She doesn't typically drive my car, so I have her last remembered seat position on her profile set all the way back....if she ever needs to drive my car she has her own memory button.
Old 11-11-22, 06:01 PM
albundy999
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Without a digital key, does it mean you can use Lexus app to lock/unlock the door and start the car through remote connect?
Old 01-11-23, 10:00 PM
ravnorodom
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My wife has her own account and she's primary driver. I have my own separate account and I am secondary driver. She has to invite me to join her remote control access of the car. After she sent invitation, I went to the car to get QR code, scan it and immediately it activates my remote control features. The downside is only I have the control over the car now but no hers. She has to remove me in order to get her remote control back. Only one user at a time is allowed. Bummer!

Last edited by ravnorodom; 01-12-23 at 11:51 AM.
Old 04-15-23, 05:12 AM
JedWare
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I thought I did something wrong until I found this thread. Seems like they shouldn't call it "Share" but rather "Transfer" within the app. Having to rescan after you "Share" is the most impractical. The app keeps showing me how I can easily switch cars by holding down button but only if you have one account for all your cars. The easiest solution for me is to just log out and log in with wife's account when I drive her car. We have a password manager so we share both our accounts.

I would really like the engineers who designed this to get on here and try to defend this idiotic design.
The following 2 users liked this post by JedWare:
NX450h (04-15-23), Randyp1234 (04-15-23)
Old 04-15-23, 08:39 AM
NX450h
Driver

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by JedWare
I thought I did something wrong until I found this thread. Seems like they shouldn't call it "Share" but rather "Transfer" within the app. Having to rescan after you "Share" is the most impractical. The app keeps showing me how I can easily switch cars by holding down button but only if you have one account for all your cars. The easiest solution for me is to just log out and log in with wife's account when I drive her car. We have a password manager so we share both our accounts.

I would really like the engineers who designed this to get on here and try to defend this idiotic design.
They need a major revision to fix all the usability issues and bugs. My fear is they won’t do this until a major model refresh happens and then it may not be delivered to older models.
The following users liked this post:
BeamerDude (09-25-23)
Old 04-16-23, 07:06 AM
ravnorodom
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JedWare

I found this out the hard way. "Transfer" is a better word. It's not a "Share" definitely. I stop bothering using my own profile app and log in using only my wife's profile in the app so I can lock and unlock remotely.

Off topic:
this brand new NX350 has a few annoying features that they drive me crazy:
  • Cargo close/lock button is a "what the f***k" feature that doesn't work 95% of the time. Dealer can't even help.
  • Sometime when locking the car, it beeps 3 times instead of 1 time. What the heck is that all about?
  • Also finally managed to turn off the annoying "something or a ghost is in your back seat" notification.
I mean, what the hell? Do engineers have nothing else better to improve rather than creating troubles that we don't need? Sorry, just need to vent these out.

Last edited by ravnorodom; 04-16-23 at 07:13 AM.
SgtLip (04-16-23)
Old 04-16-23, 07:45 AM
Randyp1234
Advanced

Received 236 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by ravnorodom
I found this out the hard way. "Transfer" is a better word. It's not a "Share" definitely. I stop bothering using my own profile app and log in using only my wife's profile in the app so I can lock and unlock remotely.

Off topic:
  • Cargo close/lock button is a "what the f***k" feature that doesn't work 95% of the time. Dealer can't even help.
  • Sometime when locking the car, it beeps 3 times instead of 1 time. What the heck is that all about?
  • Also finally managed to turn off the annoying "something or a ghost is in your back seat" notification.
I mean, what the hell? Do engineers have nothing else better to improve rather than creating troubles that we don't need? Sorry, just need to vent these out.
I hear you!! I know I've said this in other threads, but there were so many annoying things about this car that we started considering getting rid of it after just a few months. But the entire replacement process got to be more annoying than the car. I try to never drive it.
Old 04-16-23, 07:51 AM
JasDmw
Advanced

Received 238 Likes on 165 Posts

Off topic:
If you are too close to the cargo door, it will not close! This is a new safety feature introduced to keep the door from closing on you! This is a good thing. Just push the button and step away, it will close once it senses you are not going to be clobbered by the door.

If the car beeps several times, I have found I've left my phone on the charger or my fob in the cup holder. The car is telling you something, like perhaps you have something in the back seat.. I see you have disabled that now, so that should stop.

If you're dealer hasn't described these and other things to you, you should perhaps spend the time reviewing the various YouTube videos out there. LSFT has lots as does the Houston dealership tech person. I reviewed hers before I took delivery. Learned a lot. However, there are 2, first is 1.5 hours the 2nd is 2.5 hours. Lots to learn!
SgtLip (04-16-23)
Old 04-17-23, 09:31 AM
Droid13
Racer

Received 573 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by JasDmw
If you are too close to the cargo door, it will not close! This is a new safety feature introduced to keep the door from closing on you! This is a good thing. Just push the button and step away, it will close once it senses you are not going to be clobbered by the door.
I've been having some similar issues myself with the close and lock function. For me the weird part is the inconsistency of the stand off distance. I don't think it has anything to do with the human safety factor though. I can consistently press the "close" button and the hatch will happily close every time with the hatch coming within 1 inch of my nose. But press the "close and lock" button, and sometimes I have to take 2 steps away before it closes, sometimes even taking 10 steps away it still won't close. I actually just talked to the Lexus mechanic about this and he said there is not much they can adjust for this. The issue is checking where the key is, and making sure you are not locking your key in the cargo area. When using the close and lock, the key is what needs to stand back. Humans, as long as a body part isn't physically in the way, np.
ravnorodom (04-17-23)
Old 08-30-23, 03:27 PM
yuckyeah
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The close and lock button has a proximity sensor, so you have to press the button and then step away for the door to close.
Old 08-30-23, 07:11 PM
ravnorodom
Driver School Candidate

I finally found the trick of doing this after so many tries and errors. This method below guarantees it will close and lock:
  1. Stand directly under the hatch so the sensor senses you are below it.
  2. Reach up and press "close and lock" button" and you should hear the first beep. DO NOT STEP BACK YET (VERY IMPORTANT!!!)
  3. A second later you will hear a second beep. STEP BACK IMMEDIATELY and walk away from the hatch door.
  4. A third beep will sound and the door will close and lock.
Old 10-25-23, 01:14 PM
GiantsSF49ers
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sharing digital key...hubby figured it out

[QUOTE=NX450h;11210794]We just picked up our NX450h+ yesterday and I got a bit confused by the multiple user support in the vehicle and in the app. I've figured it out now but wanted to post something to help other users with the latest software.

​​​
We ran into the same problem but hubby figured it out. You can have your different email login for Lexus Enform App and use digital key separately but make sure you go into your own account and add your cell phone number into the Personal Info area.
Then on the main person's driver Lexus app send the invite with the exact cell number that is on the secondary user account that you want to share. It will send a link to that person's cell number, click on it and follow the steps for QR code. FYI, having access to main driver phone/email is important because Lexus will be emailing authorization code to it.
This worked for us and I am hoping this will help all clublexus members

Old 10-28-23, 12:44 PM
woodstock99
7th Gear

Picked up 24 350h today and reading this thread to figure out bets setup for us.

We will need to use same log-in info on app - I have iPhone and he has Android. Assume that will not matter. He is set up as 1 and me as 2 in memory seats settings but how do we get car to recognize who get sin car for other settings?

I am confused about who is programmed to the key fob. I am the primary driver set up at dealer. My husband will use the fob though and I will use the wallet key. We only have one fob right now. Was told digital key not reliable.

Also we do not need bak seat warnings - how to turn off?

Thanks.
Old 10-28-23, 02:28 PM
GiantsSF49ers
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Back seat warnings is located under Settings>Vehical Customization>Utilities>Rear Seat Reminder

Android Auto is connected through Bluetooth so make sure he is connected and the he will be able to use his Google Maps, Spotify, Waze etc

Sharing digital keys. If u are the primary driver and your husband is secondary then all of the authorize access will come from your Lexus Enform App via text or email. So it's important that you and your phone are there when u do this process. Email and text authorization codes takes a bit to go through so be patient and keep refreshing email.
​​
**Digital Key SUCCESS**
After hours of trying to troubleshoot this ourselves (Lexus does not know any techy stuff), we finally figured it out. Your secondary driver will need to log into his/her Enform App acct and go to personal info and make sure to add the cell phone to where the share invite is being sent to. My husband didn't have any cell number in his personal info so when he clicked on my text invite, the car system did not recognize the cell number because it wasn't linked to any Lexus Enform account so therefore no QR code to scan. With cell number in place on his account the QR code popped up on the Lexus car system pretty quick and he was able to choose scan QR Code to finish setting up. During this process it will ask for temporary access codes, this is where access to email and text is crucial.

I hope this helps everyone experiencing this issue 🤗

Last edited by GiantsSF49ers; 10-28-23 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Typing error
Old 10-28-23, 03:51 PM
woodstock99
7th Gear

How do I get the car to say "hello Michael" when he gets in the car instead of my name?

Yes I bought the car, I was the one at the dealer, app was set-up under my name, phone and email, fob but he will be driving the car somewhat more than me for now so can I change the profile name in the app to his name and then will it say his name?

Also any idea why when he is driving it keeps asking for the pin # I used to set-up?

He can put it in but it pops up when he is driving. He has android using bluetooth.

Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Remote Connect and Multiple Users