NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Lexus Digital Key feature unavailable

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-22, 07:26 AM
adb04
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Lexus Digital Key feature unavailable

My Lexus Digital Key (iOS 15) doesn't seem to be working and today got below email from Lexus. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Digital Key is undergoing maintenance to correct a compatibility issue that may impact guests currently on iOS 15.0 and above.
Guests may be unable to connect Digital Key to their vehicle when initially setting up their key. Owner and shared key users will be unable to complete the key download. A notification will be sent once the issue is resolved. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
Old 01-25-22, 07:40 AM
ctripps2k
Pit Crew

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by adb04
My Lexus Digital Key (iOS 15) doesn't seem to be working and today got below email from Lexus. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Digital Key is undergoing maintenance to correct a compatibility issue that may impact guests currently on iOS 15.0 and above.
Guests may be unable to connect Digital Key to their vehicle when initially setting up their key. Owner and shared key users will be unable to complete the key download. A notification will be sent once the issue is resolved. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
you have got to be kidding me? iOS 15 has been out since September 2021. Also they have a beta program so that app owners can test and update their apps on the newer iOS’s. This is totally unsatisfactory.
Old 01-25-22, 08:08 AM
KingKewl
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ctripps2k
you have got to be kidding me? iOS 15 has been out since September 2021. Also they have a beta program so that app owners can test and update their apps on the newer iOS’s. This is totally unsatisfactory.
Mine still connects and I’m on 15.2.1 🤷🏻‍♂️
Old 01-25-22, 09:38 AM
Lexus22563
Pit Crew

Received 89 Likes on 58 Posts

I read that 15.2.1 fixed some issues with apple car play
The following users liked this post:
adb04 (01-25-22)
Old 01-27-22, 05:48 AM
powerlover
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

At least they notified us =)
Old 01-27-22, 08:37 AM
adb04
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

This is the error I have been getting on iPhone 13 Pro (iOS v15.2.1)

Old 01-27-22, 09:33 AM
JPB23
Driver

Received 42 Likes on 18 Posts

After I upgraded iOS last night, all of my settings have been lost. Every radio setting is gone, and all other settings will not load.
Old 01-27-22, 10:21 AM
NX450h
Driver

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by JPB23
After I upgraded iOS last night, all of my settings have been lost. Every radio setting is gone, and all other settings will not load.
Thats odd. Are you saying that all the in car radio settings are gone after you updated to ios15.3? Are you sure you aren’t using a different profile now? The profile loading seems to be really unreliable so half the time you end up in the guest profile.
Old 01-27-22, 10:57 AM
JPB23
Driver

Originally Posted by NX450h
Thats odd. Are you saying that all the in car radio settings are gone after you updated to ios15.3? Are you sure you aren’t using a different profile now? The profile loading seems to be really unreliable so half the time you end up in the guest profile.
Yes, my saved radio stations are gone, my vehicle settings all defaulted back to factory settings, but my profile is still visible and is connected. However, yes, over the past two weeks of owning my car a box pops up occasionally that I am in guest mode, but the screen that shows my name is highlighted as connected. It is very bizarre how this is functioning. I know many on Youtube that reviewed the new Tundra were having the same issues with profile connections. Looks like both Toyota and Lexus are having some issues.
Old 01-27-22, 01:54 PM
NX450h
Driver

Yes, my saved radio stations are gone, my vehicle settings all defaulted back to factory settings, but my profile is still visible and is connected. However, yes, over the past two weeks of owning my car a box pops up occasionally that I am in guest mode, but the screen that shows my name is highlighted as connected. It is very bizarre how this is functioning. I know many on Youtube that reviewed the new Tundra were having the same issues with profile connections. Looks like both Toyota and Lexus are having some issues.
So I have the same thing now! All the radio settings have gone and navigation addresses also. This is for both profiles and the guest profile. My profile has a blank name also. It’s possible the car did an OTA update and lost settings. That’s pretty awful.
JPB23 (01-27-22)
Old 01-27-22, 02:54 PM
ctripps2k
Pit Crew

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by NX450h
So I have the same thing now! All the radio settings have gone and navigation addresses also. This is for both profiles and the guest profile. My profile has a blank name also. It’s possible the car did an OTA update and lost settings. That’s pretty awful.
Is there any way to do a backup of your profile? that way when this happens it can be easily restored. I mean like, that would only make sense, but a lot of the engineering that I’ve seen lately does not make sense.
JPB23 (01-27-22)
Old 01-27-22, 07:38 PM
JPB23
Driver

Yeah, I was told the point of the driver profile is so you can go into any Lexus product and your settings would apply to that vehicle. Maybe my salesperson was wrong.
Old 01-27-22, 07:58 PM
NX450h
Driver

Yeah, I was told the point of the driver profile is so you can go into any Lexus product and your settings would apply to that vehicle. Maybe my salesperson was wrong.
Yeah the settings are all stored in the cloud to enable that scenario. What prob happened is their cloud service screwed up. This is a new world for Toyota and obviously they haven’t figured it out yet.