NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

350h - where's the spare/jack/fixoflat ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-23, 12:57 PM
GXWes
Pit Crew

Received 93 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Sounds
Spares should be onboard. The last I called AAA they one truck in our area. Never showed up. I had someone help me change the tire.
Like I said. Nobody wants to change their own tire. With the run flats. You drive home or to the dealership. If you have to have one. Just purchase it. Throw it in your car when you leave town

Or in the future purchase a car with one installed
The following 3 users liked this post by GXWes:
Billst (09-03-23), Dkaplan (09-02-23), Sounds (09-03-23)
Old 09-02-23, 02:27 PM
Randyp1234
Advanced

Received 240 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by GXWes
Like I said. Nobody wants to change their own tire. With the run flats. You drive home or to the dealership. If you have to have one. Just purchase it. Throw it in your car when you leave town

Or in the future purchase a car with one installed
And put your cargo where, since you don't have a hidden place to store the spare tire. I realize there are a lot of Lexus Fanboys here with the attitude of "If we were meant to have it, Lexus would have given it to us." and if they make a decision not to give it to us then there's no possible reason we should want it. But, quite frankly, this no spare thing is simply bull****!! As much as cars costs now, why should we expect to have to spend yet another $500 plus dollars just to have a damned spare tire???
The following 3 users liked this post by Randyp1234:
Billst (09-03-23), Pete7874 (11-22-23), Sounds (09-03-23)
Old 09-02-23, 02:28 PM
Randyp1234
Advanced

With the run flats. You drive home or to the dealership.
And if either are more than 50 miles away at the time, then what???
The following users liked this post:
Billst (09-03-23)
Old 09-02-23, 06:37 PM
Dkaplan
Intermediate

Received 136 Likes on 95 Posts

I would’ve liked to have had one, but we all knew it didn’t come with a spare when we purchased it, right?

Last edited by Dkaplan; 09-02-23 at 07:56 PM.
Old 09-02-23, 08:24 PM
GXWes
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Dkaplan
I would’ve liked to have had one, but we all knew it didn’t come with a spare when we purchased it, right?
Looking at the comments. It’s obvious that people dropped 60 to 80 thousand dollars on a car. And didn’t check to see if it came with a spare tire
Old 09-02-23, 08:27 PM
GXWes
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Randyp1234
And if either are more than 50 miles away at the time, then what???
Drive another 50 miles

Run-flat tires enable the vehicle to be driven even if the tire pressure drops due to a puncture. The vehicle can be driven, with due care, under most conditions, up to approximately 100 miles at speeds under 55 miles per hour when the tire is completely flat.

https://support.lexus.com/s/article/...pletely%20flat.
The following 2 users liked this post by GXWes:
Billst (09-03-23), mike995134 (09-17-23)
Old 09-02-23, 08:31 PM
GXWes
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Randyp1234
And put your cargo where, since you don't have a hidden place to store the spare tire. I realize there are a lot of Lexus Fanboys here with the attitude of "If we were meant to have it, Lexus would have given it to us." and if they make a decision not to give it to us then there's no possible reason we should want it. But, quite frankly, this no spare thing is simply bull****!! As much as cars costs now, why should we expect to have to spend yet another $500 plus dollars just to have a damned spare tire???
I personally would take the car back if this issue is that critical. I’m sure Tesla or some other company will sell you a car with a spare

https://www.carshtuff.com/post/tesla...ave-spare-tire
Old 09-02-23, 10:09 PM
43sbest
Pit Crew

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts

Drive another 50 miles

Run-flat tires enable the vehicle to be driven even if the tire pressure drops due to a puncture. The vehicle can be driven, with due care, under most conditions, up to approximately 100 miles at speeds under 55 miles per hour when the tire is completely flat.

https://support.lexus.com/s/article/...pletely%20flat.
That is BS, the tire will come apart especially the sorry Bridgestone's on the NX. Lexus is going to tell you what you want to hear.
Sounds (09-03-23)
Old 09-03-23, 05:34 AM
Sounds
Advanced

Received 173 Likes on 147 Posts

Audi Q3 no spare
Macan no spare
Mercedes GLA no no spare

When too many motorists are stranded. Not enough road service. Only one manufacturer offers a spare maybe things will change. The GV70 comes with 2 fobs and a spare.
Billst (09-03-23)
Old 09-03-23, 07:30 AM
Randyp1234
Advanced

Originally Posted by 43sbest
That is BS, the tire will come apart especially the sorry Bridgestone's on the NX. Lexus is going to tell you what you want to hear.
Correct. The Bridgestone web site says their RF's can only be driven 50 miles.
Old 09-03-23, 07:34 AM
Randyp1234
Advanced

I personally would take the car back if this issue is that critical. I’m sure Tesla or some other company will sell you a car with a spare

https://www.carshtuff.com/post/tesla...ave-spare-tire
My issue isn't that the car didn't come with the spare as much as people's attitudes that if Lexus decided to be cheap and not include them then it's like a decision from God and you must be wrong for wanting one.
Billst (09-03-23)
Old 09-03-23, 07:53 AM
Billst
Driver

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I suspect that few will be within 50 miles of a destination except in town. On highways the 50 miles is more to drive to somewhere safe where you can press that SOS button and get a dealer out to fix the car. If that happens too many times, Lexus costs go up - then they might go back to decent equipment and service.
You could always make a point by driving around to the dealer like this:

Last edited by Billst; 09-03-23 at 08:00 AM.
Sounds (09-03-23)
Old 09-03-23, 01:03 PM
Farmerbone
10th Gear

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I love driving our NX F-Sport and in my opinion the RF tires are way quieter and ride better than I thought they would when we bought it....especially with the 20" wheels. If it was up to me I wish it came with a jack and spare tire. We've taken it out of town several times on relatively short trips (3 hours or less) and I have a can of fix a flat and a portable air compressor that I carry with me. That said, if we go on a longer trip or somewhere where we will be more remote, we take our 4Runner.
Old 09-03-23, 02:56 PM
Sounds
Advanced

Received 173 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Farmerbone
I love driving our NX F-Sport and in my opinion the RF tires are way quieter and ride better than I thought they would when we bought it....especially with the 20" wheels. If it was up to me I wish it came with a jack and spare tire. We've taken it out of town several times on relatively short trips (3 hours or less) and I have a can of fix a flat and a portable air compressor that I carry with me. That said, if we go on a longer trip or somewhere where we will be more remote, we take our 4Runner.

CAN FIX-A-FLAT BE USED TO TREAT PUNCTURES IN RUN FLAT TIRES?

We do not recommend installing Fix-a-Flat into run flat tires. Run flat tires are not designed for tire sealant as the run flat tire structure was specifically created to indicate a flat and still be safe to drive on for a short period of time. Additionally, some run flat tires have a foam insert to help support the run flat concept. If the tire does have the foam insert, sealant will be absorbed in the foam and will not reach the puncture hole.
jfz219 (09-24-23)
Old 09-03-23, 03:32 PM
Farmerbone
10th Gear

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Sounds

CAN FIX-A-FLAT BE USED TO TREAT PUNCTURES IN RUN FLAT TIRES?

We do not recommend installing Fix-a-Flat into run flat tires. Run flat tires are not designed for tire sealant as the run flat tire structure was specifically created to indicate a flat and still be safe to drive on for a short period of time. Additionally, some run flat tires have a foam insert to help support the run flat concept. If the tire does have the foam insert, sealant will be absorbed in the foam and will not reach the puncture hole.
Thanks for the info. I haven't done any research so wasn't aware of that. The compressor I carry would be my first choice if I had an issue with a nail or low tire/flat/or something of that nature but as I mentioned originally, I do wish the NX came with a spare and jack in the event you completely destroy a tire. I live in TX so it's not hard to get 50-100 miles from civilization.
Billst (09-03-23)

Quick Reply: 350h - where's the spare/jack/fixoflat ?