NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Lexus App Issues - Second Account

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-22, 06:10 AM
bbr00ks
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Lexus App Issues - Second Account

Having trouble setting up a second account. I have the primary set and associated with one of the key FOBs for my wife (her car) and her account is set to primary - the app is working on her phone. I have the app on my phone set up with an ID but it keeps asking me to enter the vin (done 5x) then scan the QR code - can't get the QR code to display on the screen.

I have watched that whole video on how to set things up to tbh it was pretty worthless. My screens are different than what they display in the video. Any suggestions ?

I have to say that I think the Car Multimedia interface is very nice but the Lexus App is nothing but a PIA to use and overall detracts from the in-car experience.
The following users liked this post:
Randyp1234 (05-10-22)
Old 01-30-22, 06:44 AM
NX450h
Driver

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by bbr00ks
Having trouble setting up a second account. I have the primary set and associated with one of the key FOBs for my wife (her car) and her account is set to primary - the app is working on her phone. I have the app on my phone set up with an ID but it keeps asking me to enter the vin (done 5x) then scan the QR code - can't get the QR code to display on the screen.

I have watched that whole video on how to set things up to tbh it was pretty worthless. My screens are different than what they display in the video. Any suggestions ?

I have to say that I think the Car Multimedia interface is very nice but the Lexus App is nothing but a PIA to use and overall detracts from the in-car experience.
This confused the heck out of me also, and I went thru exactly the same steps with my wife's account and then mine. From what I've figured out (and what the salesdroid told me) there is only one account on the phone that can have the car in their "garage". So you need to log into your wife's account on the app on your phone if you want to remote connect to the car. Alternatively you log into her account on her phone and then transfer over remote control from her account to your account. But only one account can remote connect at any time.

This is an incredibly clunky, buggy and poorly thought out system imho. I'm really hoping there is an OTA update that fixes/improves this at some point.

Note because of all this you cannot set your home address in the nav system on the secondary account without transferring remote control over to that account and then uploading work and home addresses and then transferring control back. I'm amazed this system ever got released like this.

Old 01-30-22, 06:50 AM
Peterun
Pit Crew

Received 87 Likes on 39 Posts

Can you spell “unwind?”