NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

My Build, What's yours?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-22, 08:46 PM
ratheesh
Driver School Candidate

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts
Talking My Build, What's yours?

In this current scenario, it's not possible to custom build. But still if I can, this would be my dream build.
It's been more than a month since I paid my deposit and waiting forever for any closer build.
I haven't added any accessories, Can anyone suggest must have accessories?

Old 02-03-22, 04:22 AM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 109 Posts

Very few people custom order Lexus vehicles. Most do not want to wait 4-6 months for a car to come into the US. It’s understandable why they stopped this the pandemic. When and if they start it back up the wait will most likely be even longer so few will do this by then.

The dealers will resort to getting what you want by adding those features on at the port.
The following users liked this post:
ratheesh (02-03-22)
Old 02-03-22, 07:22 AM
VillageNX
Driver School Candidate

Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts

Don't know how the market is in CA but I suspect it's the same all over. Forget custom ordering or dealers willing to do dealer transfers to get a vehicle close to your ideal configuration. In this market, you really have to find a sales associate that will work for you and try to be one of the first to cherry pick from their next allotment of cars. We started with a single dealer - the one nearest to us. They are fair and are not marking cars up, rather they are selling at sticker. However, when we visited the dealer and met a sales rep, when we tried to call him 2 days later, we were informed he no longer worked there and we had not been transferred to another rep to help us. After a couple of weeks, it became obvious that our new rep was really not prioritizing us as customers and was instead giving his attention to the latest suckers to walk in the door. As it was not practical to visit the dealership daily to see what is coming in next, we cast a wider net and start shopping multiple dealers. We only visited one in our state that was marking up from MSRP. Interestingly enough, they were the only dealer that actually had any NX's on their lot (now we know why). They came to the table at $10k above MSRP on a 350 Premium - we walked. We found 2 other dealers willing to take a deposit in advance to hold a place in line to pick from the next allotments - 1 wanted $1k, the other $2500. We went with the $1k option but, ultimately, it was a go-getter sales person at another dealer that never asked for anything up front that found us a NX that is probably as close to our dream build as we can get. It took the other dealer 3 minutes to process my thousand dollar "refundable" deposit, but it took them 10 days to give it back, along with a scolding that we should be wary about buying from anyone else but them. It amazes me how quickly these dealerships will throw each other under the bus.

We tried to keep the options as open as possible in our search and gave the dealers our criteria:

Vehicle - 350 Premium AWD (hybrid nice to have)
Exterior colors - Atomic Silver, Cloudburst Grey, Eminent White Pearl (non-neg on any other colors)
Interior colors - Black, Palomino, Rich Cream (non-neg on red)
Additional options - 20" wheels (14" screen, HUD, digital mirror, wireless phone charger all nice to have but not deal breakers)
Options not willing to pay extra for - Panoramic roof, ML audio system

After a couple of weeks, we were able to put a deposit on a physical car that has, or doesn't have, every single thing listed above, including the hybrid. Received an email yesterday that it will arrive between the 14th and 19th of this month.
The following 2 users liked this post by VillageNX:
murtlexus (02-04-22), ratheesh (02-03-22)