NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Trunk Lock issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-22, 03:53 AM
lsft
Racer

Received 577 Likes on 385 Posts

Originally Posted by 907
The inconsistency of the close and lock feature frustrated me for a while, but I think I've figured out what the issue was for me: If I'm holding the key up high, particularly in the same hand I press the button with, nothing happens when I walk away. I've had the best success putting the key in my pocket before pressing the button.
Pressing the button with the key in the hand will not work. Lexus does say that in the manual.
Old 09-10-22, 06:27 AM
midcow3
Racer

Received 531 Likes on 347 Posts
Lightbulb Back away .. :)

Originally Posted by Kimberly88
Is anyone else having issues with the trunk lock button? When I open the trunk then try to close/lock it, it’s beeping at me and doesn’t do anything. I looked through the titles on previous posts and didn’t know if this had already been discussed.
Make sure you back away after you push the button. I think Lexus is trying to tell you you are still in the way and it doesn't want to accidentally hurt you. At least that is what I have experienced and what the learning videos say.

Good Luck in resolving!

YMMV,
MidCow3
Old 11-15-22, 09:41 PM
Ositto22NX
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’m having the same issue as well since I got my 2/m2 NX and I forgot to mention it to my tech guy at Lexus. Will definitely try these suggestions, and if it doesn’t work then Lexus has to figure it out. I never had this issue with my previous NX model.
Old 11-16-22, 09:41 AM
StraySheep
Pit Crew

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by midcow3
Make sure you back away after you push the button. I think Lexus is trying to tell you you are still in the way and it doesn't want to accidentally hurt you. At least that is what I have experienced and what the learning videos say.

Good Luck in resolving!

YMMV,
MidCow3
The point of the trunk close+lock button is to allow the person with the remote key to press the close+lock button first, while beeping, it allows the person to continue staying underneath the opened trunk to pick up any stuff. Once you move away from the "trunk zone", the trunk will automatically close and lock itself.

As long as you stay underneath the trunk after pressing the close+lock button with the remote key while it's beeping, the trunk will not close. You don't need to get away while it's beeping, you can stay there as long as you want and the trunk will not close.

The whole point is to allow someone to get stuff from the trunk for as long as needed and then leave the trunk zone, then close and lock itself. Very useful when both hands are full of groceries or carrying big items and you don't have a 3rd hand to close and lock the car. Most of us probably don't have the flexibility to use our foot to press a small button above our heads.

Remember to make sure once you leave the trunk zone, don't go back in, or else the car thinks something is still underneath then trunk and will not close and just stop the trunk.

Last edited by StraySheep; 11-16-22 at 09:56 AM.