NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

2022 NX Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-22, 04:27 AM
VillageNX
Driver School Candidate

Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Xanadu350
Slightly off-topic but still has to do with pricing.Did anyone see the article a few weeks ago from GM and Ford manufacturing telling it’s dealerships to stop raising prices on popular models, price gouging, raising prices over MSRP or else!!

https://www.kbb.com/car-news/gm-warn...r-with-prices/
They should be telling them that and should be able to tell them that. Apple, Bose, and many others are able to control what retailers charge for their products by and large. A dealership with any business sense should know that it's a short term gain, long term lose scenario to raise prices unreasonably during atypical times. Word spreads and spreads fast these days. The first dealer we went to had several NX's on the lot (strange in itself), and since we wanted to actually drive one, we went there. Not only did they have several to choose from, they had one that was exactly what we would have wanted. Never a mention about inflated pricing until the "manager" comes to the table with a piece of paper in hand (as if the sales associate, who was a very sweet young lady, told them "I'm not putting THAT in front of the customer!") and the starting price for the NX was $10K above the MSRP. As I began shaking my head - something the "manager" obviously expected, he quickly said "I can probably get that cut in half for you". My wife was with me, so I had to be nice and exit peacefully, but I really wanted to tell them where to stick that paper and why they should stick it there. That dealership consists of 2 or maybe even 3 stores in the state. I have heard there may be a couple of other dealers in the state doing similar. But once I realized what was going on with inventory, I decided to cast a wide net and contacted many other dealers. Most all of them told me they do not believe in selling beyond MSRP as it risks customer satisfaction and loyalty. Still, some of those had inflated "dealer prep fees" and others had mandatory dealer addons.
Old 02-10-22, 05:13 AM
hintonwood
Pit Crew

Received 93 Likes on 53 Posts

Slightly off-topic but still has to do with pricing.Did anyone see the article a few weeks ago from GM and Ford manufacturing telling it’s dealerships to stop raising prices on popular models, price gouging, raising prices over MSRP or else!!

About time too. Surprised Lexus have not done the same.
Old 02-10-22, 05:55 AM
Danny200t
Pit Crew

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Seems odd to me, I went to one of the two lexus dealers in my city. I was told that the 450h are all sold out until 2023 and selling for 20k over MSRP and the 350 f sport are going for over 5k over. Yet they had a 450h f sport sitting outside for more than a week. But I can order one at MSRP with a $1000 refundable deposit? Seems like BS to me. Other lexus dealer told me they never sell vehicles for over msrp.
Old 02-10-22, 07:34 AM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 109 Posts

GM and Ford is actually encouraging it’s customers to contact them on which dealerships are charging over MSRP. I guess if they get enough complaints from certain dealers it could affect allocation given to those dealers in the future. This news article was picked up by a lot of newspapers.
Old 02-10-22, 07:45 AM
VillageNX
Driver School Candidate

Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts

GM and Ford is actually encouraging it’s customers to contact them on which dealerships are charging over MSRP. I guess if they get enough complaints from certain dealers it could affect allocation given to those dealers in the future. This news article was picked up by a lot of newspapers.
Generally, allocations are impacted by customer satisfaction ratings anyway. I know they are with Lexus and probably Toyota as well. That's why, when you buy a new car somewhere, they go out of their way to tell you that you will be getting a survey and to please give them the highest ratings possible. And, if you have a reason to not give a high rating, to please address it with them before responding negatively to the survey. That's part of what I meant by "short term gain, long term loss".
The following users liked this post:
Xanadu350 (02-10-22)
Old 02-10-22, 08:33 AM
Birdman325
Rookie

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Placed an order for a 350H with Lux Package last month. Dealer said they had one unallocated in Atomic Silver with Black Interior and the Lux Package coming end of Feb - early to mid March so I took that one. Otherwise it would be a factory order and possibly May - June.

Paid MSRP but dealer added the activity mount for no additional cost and "better winter mats" (he sent me a picture - whether they are "better" than the mats the car comes with is an open question).

The following 2 users liked this post by Birdman325:
lsft (02-10-22), Xanadu350 (02-10-22)