NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

* Beeps on locking 🤔

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-22, 07:00 PM
lsft
Racer

Received 600 Likes on 403 Posts

So this is a feature and not a problem. Interesting.
Old 04-12-22, 05:07 AM
RobF
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hintonwood
Twice I have parked my NX and locked the doors using the sensor on the drivers door, the mirrors fold as usual, but the car makes 8 beeps from the front end.

Anyone had the same?

Does anyone know what it might be? The car is fully locked so it is not a security issue.
Yes I’m having the same issue when locking with key fob, or sensor on door. 22 NX350. And it’s not from being parked to close to something. Ran to food store this morning and nothing was around vehicle. 8 quick beeps when locking with fob. I’ve only driven the vehicle about ten times and it’s happened at least 8 out of 10 when I’ve gone somewhere. Called dealer and they had no answer, told me to bring it down. It’s definitely not for another door being open because I check the app on my phone and all doors are closed and locked. So even know it beeps 8 times instead of 1, it’s still locking the doors. But that’s not the point, it’s annoying. Please let me know if you get a fix. Going to bring it back to dealer sometime next week.
Old 04-12-22, 06:30 AM
hintonwood
Pit Crew

Received 89 Likes on 50 Posts

Thanks for posting Rob. I have got used to ignoring the 8 beeps and just checking that the mirrors have folded in signifying that it is locked.

I am fairly certain that it is random rather than a set distance from the wall. It will be interesting to see if the dealer can see any error message when it has happened to you.
Old 04-12-22, 08:08 AM
RobF
Rookie

Thanks for posting Rob. I have got used to ignoring the 8 beeps and just checking that the mirrors have folded in signifying that it is locked.

I am fairly certain that it is random rather than a set distance from the wall. It will be interesting to see if the dealer can see any error message when it has happened to you.
Like you said thankfully the vehicle is still locking but that’s not really the point. I don’t want to have to ignore something when I buy a $53k car. I want it to work right and not annoy me. It should beep once for lock, and twice for unlock. That’s one of the problems you run into when you are one of the first people to get a next gen vehicle. Early kinks that a lot of times the dealer doesn’t even have answers for. The one thing I did notice is, if you look inside the window after you’ve locked and hear the 8 beeps. The dash has a message that says something like vehicle exit assist has been disabled. I don’t know if that has something to do with it. I don’t know why that message would pop up after you’ve exited the vehicle and locked the doors.

I went on YouTube and watched a video on how to disable the check rear seat alert. Maybe that’s what the 8 beeps is? Letting you know to check rear seat. I’ll let you know next time I use the vehicle if that fixed the issue. If you hear anything on your end please let me know.

Last edited by RobF; 04-12-22 at 08:14 AM.
The following users liked this post:
hintonwood (04-12-22)
Old 04-12-22, 08:13 AM
nx450plus
Pit Crew

Received 99 Likes on 62 Posts

Check that window is closed
Old 04-12-22, 08:16 AM
RobF
Rookie

Originally Posted by nx450plus
Check that window is closed
Has nothing to do with windows being open or a door being ajar. All windows are up and all doors are closed. If a door was ajar it would not be 8 rapid beeps. It would be one continuous long beep.
Old 04-12-22, 08:28 AM
ttaylor121
Driver

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

I can't recall hearing this since I've disable the rear seat notifications on mine. Had heard it a couple times before that for sure, saw the rear seat check notifications on my phone as well as a message on the dash. See if you can correlate with anytime you've used the back doors, which is what appears to trigger that specific alert.
Old 04-12-22, 08:35 AM
RobF
Rookie

Originally Posted by ttaylor121
I can't recall hearing this since I've disable the rear seat notifications on mine. Had heard it a couple times before that for sure, saw the rear seat check notifications on my phone as well as a message on the dash. See if you can correlate with anytime you've used the back doors, which is what appears to trigger that specific alert.
Good to hear disabling rear seat alert fixed on your end. Hoping that will correct mine also. The only thing is I don’t use the rear seat. I don’t even think I’ve opened those doors since I brought the car home except one time to put a couple jackets back there. No kids and I use the rear cargo area for everything. Since then haven’t opened those doors. Maybe it has a weight sensor and senses the jackets on the seat? I just don’t know.
Old 04-12-22, 08:56 AM
twitte
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 23 Posts

My car beeps if I leave anything on the back seat or on the floor behind the drivers seat. I like this feature! It's also a good way to keep from locking your child in your car too.
Old 04-12-22, 09:39 AM
ttaylor121
Driver

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by twitte
My car beeps if I leave anything on the back seat or on the floor behind the drivers seat. I like this feature! It's also a good way to keep from locking your child in your car too.
It's not an unreasonable feature, and it makes sense for parents of young children, but it should be more clearly identifiable as to the cause. Not knowing what those beeps mean kind of removes the benefit of such a feature if no one can specifically know that's why.
Old 04-12-22, 09:57 AM
RobF
Rookie

Ok I think I have a fix for it. There’s a Lexus saleswoman on YouTube that knows every little detail of this vehicle. I sent her a message. It’s the rear seat alert. She says if you get out of the car, and lock it without opening one of the back doors first, it rapid beeps for the rear seat alert. I’ve disabled mine and will report back next time I take vehicle out of if it fixed the issue. For anyone that wants to know how to Disable. You go to settings,customize,utility, and there’s a toggle to disable.

Last edited by RobF; 04-12-22 at 10:31 AM.
Old 04-12-22, 11:47 AM
hintonwood
Pit Crew

Received 89 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by twitte
But does it beep 8 times?…..

i seem to remember 5 beeps once and thought that was the rear seat alert.

i will check it out later in the week as I have had Covid since Sunday.
Old 04-12-22, 11:59 AM
RobF
Rookie

But does it beep 8 times?…..

i seem to remember 5 beeps once and thought that was the rear seat alert.

i will check it out later in the week as I have had Covid since Sunday.
it could have been 5. Definitely more than 3,less than 10.
Old 04-12-22, 03:15 PM
BC310
Driver

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

I had this issue as well. In agreement with the fix as noted above.

Multiple beeps after locking, but the car still locks (mirrors fold in). I regularly leave jackets on the back seat, so my car always thinks there's something there (I get the red visual seatbelt reminder in the MID too).

I disabled the Rear Seat Reminder setting in the car, and haven't had the beeping issue since. I also disabled the notification for Rear Seat Reminder on my phone app to avoid it telling me there.

It's a nice safety/convenience feature for those who may unintentionally leave things in the back, and thankfully it can be turned off for those who don’t want it.

Last edited by BC310; 04-13-22 at 07:26 AM.
Old 04-12-22, 11:40 PM
@MyIS@
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same issue also, I thought i didnt turn the headlight or Sunroof....apparently it wasnt the prob

Quick Reply: * Beeps on locking 🤔