NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Issue with seat memory

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-22, 08:42 AM
NXNeecee
10th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Issue with seat memory

Has any one had any issues with the seat memory not being saved? I have tried saving my seat position on 1 2 and 3 and hen I get in the car aging it does adjust from when it push back when I turn the car off. Wondering if anyone ran into this issue and maybe figured it out. I plan to reach out to the dealership regarding the problem to see if the can fix as well.
Old 02-18-22, 09:27 AM
Peterun
Pit Crew

Received 87 Likes on 39 Posts

A known issue. Just add your name to the list. Frankly, that’s the least of the issues.
Old 02-18-22, 10:25 AM
Ihave1cat
Intermediate

Received 139 Likes on 82 Posts

Peter, oh goodness, what have I gotten myself into by buying a 350h! I read your saga, sorry to hear that!

Originally Posted by NXNeecee
Has any one had any issues with the seat memory not being saved? I have tried saving my seat position on 1 2 and 3 and hen I get in the car aging it does adjust from when it push back when I turn the car off. Wondering if anyone ran into this issue and maybe figured it out. I plan to reach out to the dealership regarding the problem to see if the can fix as well.
What car do you have? Is it specific to a model? Peter has a 450h IIRC, what do you have?
Old 02-18-22, 10:28 AM
NXNeecee
10th Gear

I have a 350 f sport. And here is an update I found that some posted on here how to fix the memory seat issue so I just tried it and it worked. See below. So far I haven’t had any other issues abs hope it stays that way

“ They said if you move your seat and it beeps while you are moving it then it won't set up correctly. They said to move the seat all the way forward and all the way back, then recline the seat all the way down. When I did these moves it beeped the entire time. Then I got the seat where I wanted it and saved it on the door setting.”
The following 2 users liked this post by NXNeecee:
Ihave1cat (02-18-22), ttaylor121 (02-18-22)
Old 02-18-22, 10:32 AM
Ihave1cat
Intermediate

Received 139 Likes on 82 Posts

I have a 350 f sport. And here is an update I found that some posted on here how to fix the memory seat issue so I just tried it and it worked. See below. So far I haven’t had any other issues abs hope it stays that way

“ They said if you move your seat and it beeps while you are moving it then it won't set up correctly. They said to move the seat all the way forward and all the way back, then recline the seat all the way down. When I did these moves it beeped the entire time. Then I got the seat where I wanted it and saved it on the door setting.”
I'll have to bookmark this for the future! I hope that I won't have this issue, but something tells me that I will.
Old 02-18-22, 11:36 AM
Kimberly88
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

I did this last week and it’s been working perfectly ever since.
Old 02-18-22, 09:16 PM
ttaylor121
Driver

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

​​​​​​

That fix worked for me too. If they could get digital keys working, I think I'll be all set, I think that's the only thing left on my list 🤞
Old 02-18-22, 10:43 PM
alvinklee
Pit Crew

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Just means that the seat wasn't properly set. Like another poster stated. move seat all the way forward and then all the way back. Then adjust the backseat all the way back. It should keep beeping and then set up the seat. No issues for a week and change after that.
Old 02-19-22, 06:47 AM
NXNeecee
10th Gear

@ttaylor121 what issues are you having with the digital key?
Old 02-19-22, 06:57 AM
ttaylor121
Driver

@ttaylor121 what issues are you having with the digital key?
I can't download it to my phone. I've tried both my phone (android) and my wife's (iphone) both do the same thing.

Th error message I get says check connection (is fine) check phone battery (plugged in, charged)

Tried everyday, multiple times, aways the same message.

I saw the iphone messages on the lexus site, assumed it would be fixed eventually, still not.

I contacted support and was told to pick either wifi or cdma when downloading but not both. Also said to wait 3 minutes between attempts, none of which has worked so far.

I'm calling them again later today when I have a couple free hours...
Old 02-19-22, 07:03 AM
NXNeecee
10th Gear

That’s interesting. Hope your get it fix and they figure it out. I didn’t have any issues with the digital key other than if I start the car from the app and when I get in it shows the guest profile. I have a iPhone 13 pro. I’m not sure if that has anything to do with the digital key.
Old 02-19-22, 07:10 AM
ttaylor121
Driver

That’s interesting. Hope your get it fix and they figure it out. I didn’t have any issues with the digital key other than if I start the car from the app and when I get in it shows the guest profile. I have a iPhone 13 pro. I’m not sure if that has anything to do with the digital key.
You're issue I think is the ios bug, which still isn't fixed after they applied patches Wednesday night...

My issue I think has do with how our profiles were setup at th dealership. Wife has multiple keyfobs on her and kept getting the guest profile. Instead of asking technical me to help, she decided to do a full reset, and since then we can no longer download keys to our phones. I'd say don't delete your profile until that gets sorted, and probably never depend on digital keys...for anything.
Old 02-19-22, 07:16 AM
Kimberly88
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by ttaylor121
I can't download it to my phone. I've tried both my phone (android) and my wife's (iphone) both do the same thing.

Th error message I get says check connection (is fine) check phone battery (plugged in, charged)
I’m not sure what steps you’ve taken or how far you’ve gotten in the past. I did a complete reset and repaired my phone and profile to my car. The salesman previously setup a digital key for me but I was having guest profile issues and attempted doing a full reset, which corrected when I signed into my profile via email/password instead of my phone number. Well, since I had already paired a digital key in the past it was giving me the exact same message. I found that my iPhone was connected to a key fob via Bluetooth. Once I “forgot” that device everything went smoothly going forward. I’m not sure if this is what you’re experience but just in case I wanted to share
Old 02-19-22, 07:34 AM
ttaylor121
Driver

Originally Posted by Kimberly88
I’m not sure what steps you’ve taken or how far you’ve gotten in the past. I did a complete reset and repaired my phone and profile to my car. The salesman previously setup a digital key for me but I was having guest profile issues and attempted doing a full reset, which corrected when I signed into my profile via email/password instead of my phone number. Well, since I had already paired a digital key in the past it was giving me the exact same message. I found that my iPhone was connected to a key fob via Bluetooth. Once I “forgot” that device everything went smoothly going forward. I’m not sure if this is what you’re experience but just in case I wanted to share
I'm thinking another full reset might be in the cards. Tonight I have a couple hours carved out to spend sometime with it.

I assumed we'd have some bugs with it being such a new system, and I'm for the most part fine with being a test pilot. But honestly, Lexus could do better communicating with us as we help them test out their future systems. The few people I've been able to talk to all seem to know less than I do at this point, which leaves a bad impression.

Sorry for my rant, I guess I expect more of an amazing experience...
Old 02-19-22, 07:39 AM
NXNeecee
10th Gear

@ttaylor121 oh ok. Well, I had removed my digital key to try to see if that work help the memory seat issue and I figured out that was another issue which I got working. So, I just re added the digital key to see if the guest profile would come up again. I started it from the app. I got in and it pulled my profile no guest profile. I did see it said new key added contact dealer which I am not sure why it says that. I will try another time to see what it does.
The following users liked this post:
ttaylor121 (02-19-22)

Quick Reply: Issue with seat memory