NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Backup Camera washer

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-23, 06:04 PM
BlueOnyx
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Hello NX forum participants. I hope that I am not hijacking this thread, but I have a favor to ask for those with a backup camera washer. I am hoping you would be so kind to take some detailed pictures of your backup camera and washer. I own a 2017 GX and I am wondering could a retrofit a NX washer onto a GX? The pictures will help me understand what is on a NX and if it looks promising, I would start diving into the parts diagrams.

Appreciate your help. Thanks in advance,

Ken
Old 02-16-23, 07:50 AM
KLOCQ
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueOnyx
Hello NX forum participants. I hope that I am not hijacking this thread, but I have a favor to ask for those with a backup camera washer. I am hoping you would be so kind to take some detailed pictures of your backup camera and washer. I own a 2017 GX and I am wondering could a retrofit a NX washer onto a GX? The pictures will help me understand what is on a NX and if it looks promising, I would start diving into the parts diagrams.

Ken
I am confused by this thread.
I have a 2022 NX350h. The backup camera is mounted inside the car, behind the rear windshield, in it's own plastic enclosure. It should not be easily accessible by "wiping it with your fingers".

How to remove the small plastic cover?

The washer is a standard nozzle on the outside that sprays water on the rear windshield. You activate the wiper and all is clean, at least the area that the camera looks through.

Having said that, I have some dust specs/greasy marks that I believe are on the camera lens itself.
Question: how do I remove the plastic enclosure to access the camera lens? Don't want to force anything and have a plastic tab break on me...
Old 02-16-23, 08:10 AM
andys1548
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by KLOCQ
I am confused by this thread.
I have a 2022 NX350h. The backup camera is mounted inside the car, behind the rear windshield, in it's own plastic enclosure. It should not be easily accessible by "wiping it with your fingers".

How to remove the small plastic cover?

The washer is a standard nozzle on the outside that sprays water on the rear windshield. You activate the wiper and all is clean, at least the area that the camera looks through.

Having said that, I have some dust specs/greasy marks that I believe are on the camera lens itself.
Question: how do I remove the plastic enclosure to access the camera lens? Don't want to force anything and have a plastic tab break on me...
That’s not the backup camera. That’s the digital rearview mirror. The backup camera is near where you open the tailgate, above the license plate. If your digital rearview mirror is not clear maybe the dealer can take a look at it since you’re saying there’s dust particles inside
The following users liked this post:
KLOCQ (02-16-23)
Old 02-16-23, 12:37 PM
blueless
Pit Crew

Received 91 Likes on 60 Posts

Ken
any chance to share a Grecian pic 😀

LStoneX (02-17-23)
Old 02-16-23, 04:29 PM
BlueOnyx
Driver

Blueless, thanks for the picture. I wasn't a expecting a single integrated unit. The cutout shape will likely be a problem porting it over to different model.

Thanks again!
Old 02-16-23, 05:01 PM
lsft
Racer

Received 562 Likes on 376 Posts

This video shows how the washers work

blueless (02-16-23)
Old 02-20-23, 06:48 PM
BlueOnyx
Driver

lsft, thanks for the video. I am envious.
Old 02-21-23, 07:29 PM
lsft
Racer

Received 562 Likes on 376 Posts

lsft, thanks for the video. I am envious.
Don't be...