NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

OEM Puddle Lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-22, 10:57 AM
mbezzo
Pit Crew

Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by BC310
For OEM parts, you can always call any Lexus dealer's parts department to get the part numbers (and a quote with lead time so they feel like you're actually considering buying from them!)
but, like, then I'd have to actually, ya know, talk to someone!! haha

but... yer absolutely correct!!
The following users liked this post:
redhot47fl (07-13-22)
Old 05-20-22, 11:14 AM
BC310
Driver

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by mbezzo
but, like, then I'd have to actually, ya know, talk to someone!! haha
lol. Unfortunately, Lexus isn't quick about indexing these part numbers on their parts websites for new model cars. For older ones, it looks like it's possible to search by year/model so you can avoid talking to someone. ;-)
CruiseGuy (06-30-22)
Old 05-20-22, 11:38 AM
mbezzo
Pit Crew

Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts

yes! it's pretty sad when you go to the Lexus parts page, select model year 2022 and NO NX's are listed period... Pretty frustrating, especially when most of the parts are actually in their system!
Old 05-24-22, 05:00 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by zanewyn
Did you get it installed at the dealership or purchased online? The illuminated door sills are so expensive
That’s better and cooler than the dismal ambient lighting inside the cabin. I think Lexus did a poor job on the ambient lighting for the new NX.
Old 06-17-22, 03:22 AM
URNX
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

I came across this video from Japan that was showing night shots of TRD parts and noticed the door puddle lamp was not like the USDM version with just the LEXUS word (~0:42)

I liked this a lot more as it appears brighter overall with the L logo in addition to LEXUS.

On a whim I ordered a set from addcarlights.com. Small plug, Style A. Quartz glass lens with Cree LED. With the discount code on their site, it was $40.

Installed it tonight (lights came with plastic removal tool). Less than 5 minute job. Everything was plug and play.

Overall, very pleased with the appearance and value. I do see some aberration at the far edges of the L and S but I see the same on the OEM photos, so I’m okay with that.

The following 8 users liked this post by URNX:
LStoneX (07-18-22), Machder (01-01-23), nitrolada (07-18-22), Nx350fspt (06-17-22), SenorValas (06-17-22), Susido (11-24-22), tdlnfm (11-28-23), zanewyn (06-17-22) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-17-22, 05:25 AM
SenorValas
Driver

Received 59 Likes on 31 Posts

Thank you for the heads-up on these - I have placed an order for 2 for my NX350h

Will be interesting to see how long they take to get to the UK (I assume they are dispatched from China).

Last edited by SenorValas; 06-17-22 at 05:27 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 06-17-22, 10:45 AM
URNX
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SenorValas
Thank you for the heads-up on these - I have placed an order for 2 for my NX350h

Will be interesting to see how long they take to get to the UK (I assume they are dispatched from China).
Mine were mailed from Los Angeles via USPS and took 9 calendar days to get to Hawaii.

Their email support is superb. They emailed me minutes after my initial order to confirm the year and model of my car to ensure I ordered the right connector type. I emailed them a question after I installed the lights and again the reply was quick.
Old 06-18-22, 01:10 AM
SenorValas
Driver

Originally Posted by URNX
Mine were mailed from Los Angeles via USPS and took 9 calendar days to get to Hawaii.

Their email support is superb. They emailed me minutes after my initial order to confirm the year and model of my car to ensure I ordered the right connector type. I emailed them a question after I installed the lights and again the reply was quick.
I too got the follow-up email. They are estimating 10 days for delivery to the UK. So far, so good!
URNX (06-18-22)
Old 07-01-22, 03:29 AM
SenorValas
Driver

So I received the puddle lights two days ago (11 days delivery time to the UK) and installed them yesterday. Very easy to install - took me less than 10 minutes. Simple plug and play.

I'm very pleased with them - I can't imagine that the OEM ones are that much better at a much higher price.

Thanks again @URNX for the heads-up.

Last edited by SenorValas; 07-01-22 at 03:34 AM.
URNX (07-01-22)
Old 07-01-22, 12:42 PM
CruiseGuy
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hello Everyone!!
Now the proud owner of a 2022 NX350, Atomic Silver with Palemino interior, Deluxe Premium package (Canada eh!!)
Side door puddle lights are not inckuded. Here is my 2 cent worth of input. On the drivers and front passenger doors, there's a plactic blank where the light snaps in, it's a real pain in the lower back to remove. I had no success with a thin library card. On the top right side of the blank I had too gently insert a small flat blade screw driver used for eye glasses, to gently pry the blank out to reveal the small plug inserted into the blank Installing the OEM lamp was easy-peasy.. I was surprised to discover the Deluxe Premium package includes only 2 puddle lamps and not 4.
Dswhittle (07-13-22)
Old 07-01-22, 01:51 PM
Ihave1cat
Intermediate

Received 139 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by CruiseGuy
Hello Everyone!!
Now the proud owner of a 2022 NX350, Atomic Silver with Palemino interior, Deluxe Premium package (Canada eh!!)
Side door puddle lights are not inckuded. Here is my 2 cent worth of input. On the drivers and front passenger doors, there's a plactic blank where the light snaps in, it's a real pain in the lower back to remove. I had no success with a thin library card. On the top right side of the blank I had too gently insert a small flat blade screw driver used for eye glasses, to gently pry the blank out to reveal the small plug inserted into the blank Installing the OEM lamp was easy-peasy.. I was surprised to discover the Deluxe Premium package includes only 2 puddle lamps and not 4.
Just ordered my puddle lamps!
What is the "Deluxe Premium"- I only know of the Premium, not the deluxe. I have the Executive trim - and it only includes 2 as well. I think it's just the model.
Old 07-01-22, 05:27 PM
CruiseGuy
Rookie

For what it's worth, Lexus did have a Premium, Luxury, Executive, ETCC Package until they were having shortage of parts for the Luxury Package namely that Panoramic sun roof. Lexus developed a blend of Premium-Luxury package without the
Panoramic sunroof satisfy those buyers .
Others on forums may have heard different versions.
AmyInTX (02-29-24)
Old 07-01-22, 05:34 PM
Ihave1cat
Intermediate

Received 139 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by CruiseGuy
For what it's worth, Lexus did have a Premium, Luxury, Executive, ETCC Package until they were having shortage of parts for the Luxury Package namely that Panoramic sun roof. Lexus developed a blend of Premium-Luxury package without the
Panoramic sunroof satisfy those buyers .
Others on forums may have heard different versions.
Yes - that's what I was offered - "Ultra Premium" was Luxury without the pano sunroof. Although I turned them down, my NX 350h Luxury was still months away. Then I got a call stating that they had an Executive Package available due to a cancellation. Love the car, and my dealer is amazing too - so I picked it up. No regrets, but I kinda feel like Lexus should have had it built in - especially since It's on some cheaper Toyota models haha!
Old 07-01-22, 05:52 PM
CruiseGuy
Rookie

The Lexus blend of available packages were a success.
Every NX that cames off the track is already sold.
Old 07-13-22, 05:27 AM
Dswhittle
Rookie

Received 28 Likes on 12 Posts

CruiseGuy. Finally got my 350H Ultra Luxury (Canada eh!) 5 days ago and am really enjoying the car. It too didn’t come with puddle lights(!) but the plastic blanks are on the front doors. From your note I’m reading that the wiring was present, just not plugged into anything. Is that correct? Second question. When you indicated that you pried up on the top right corner of the blank is that on both blanks or was it a different corner on the passenger door versus the drivers door? Would love to add these lights as you did. Thanks for your response.

Quick Reply: OEM Puddle Lights