NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

OEM Puddle Lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-22, 05:35 AM
Ihave1cat
Intermediate

Received 139 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Dswhittle
CruiseGuy. Finally got my 350H Ultra Luxury (Canada eh!) 5 days ago and am really enjoying the car. It too didn’t come with puddle lights(!) but the plastic blanks are on the front doors. From your note I’m reading that the wiring was present, just not plugged into anything. Is that correct? Second question. When you indicated that you pried up on the top right corner of the blank is that on both blanks or was it a different corner on the passenger door versus the drivers door? Would love to add these lights as you did. Thanks for your response.
I know it’s not directed at me, but I just purchased and installed them myself. Honestly, it’s a job that is so easy, you can’t screw it up.
take a credit card, jam it in there, and pry away. The clips aren’t soft, so they won’t break off - very robust. And it doesn’t take a lot of force to remove them either. A credit card was all I used. I started from the side, and then once the gap was big enough, moved to the top. The blank just came out. No fuss, super simple, and I don’t see any way to even damage it.

The blank has a spot for the wire/connector, it’s just resting in the blank. Press the clip, wire comes out. Grab the light, put the connector in (can’t screw this up either, it’s keyed) - and just pop back in. It will simply go back in, there’s no way to do it wrong.

I’d say just grab a credit card and pry away. Start where it fits and you’ll be fine!

The following users liked this post:
Machder (01-01-23)
Old 07-13-22, 06:03 AM
Dswhittle
Rookie

Received 28 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Ihave1cat
I know it’s not directed at me, but I just purchased and installed them myself. Honestly, it’s a job that is so easy, you can’t screw it up.
take a credit card, jam it in there, and pry away. The clips aren’t soft, so they won’t break off - very robust. And it doesn’t take a lot of force to remove them either. A credit card was all I used. I started from the side, and then once the gap was big enough, moved to the top. The blank just came out. No fuss, super simple, and I don’t see any way to even damage it.

The blank has a spot for the wire/connector, it’s just resting in the blank. Press the clip, wire comes out. Grab the light, put the connector in (can’t screw this up either, it’s keyed) - and just pop back in. It will simply go back in, there’s no way to do it wrong.

I’d say just grab a credit card and pry away. Start where it fits and you’ll be fine!

Can’t ask for a better reply. Im going to order the puddle light today. Thanks.
Old 07-13-22, 10:45 AM
gman2727
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by zanewyn
Did you get it installed at the dealership or purchased online? The illuminated door sills are so expensive
How do you like the illuminated door sills so far? Do you have a closer up picture that you could upload of them in action? Do they shut off once the door is shut or if not, is the light not visible at all from the inside when the door is fully shut?

Also, any chance you opted for the illuminated cargo sills as well as I would love to see a practical picture installed?

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-13-22, 11:02 AM
CruiseGuy
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dswhittle
CruiseGuy. Finally got my 350H Ultra Luxury (Canada eh!) 5 days ago and am really enjoying the car. It too didn’t come with puddle lights(!) but the plastic blanks are on the front doors. From your note I’m reading that the wiring was present, just not plugged into anything. Is that correct? Second question. When you indicated that you pried up on the top right corner of the blank is that on both blanks or was it a different corner on the passenger door versus the drivers door? Would love to add these lights as you did. Thanks for your response.
That's correct, the wire is there, just not plugged into anything. As for the blank, I don't remember, I would say on the top left corner of the driver door. I was looking for a wider space to slide my tool in.
It's a VERY easy to do, it makes the task harder to do with sore artritic fiingsrs and and back lower back. I should have asked my neighbor for help, he is younger than I am.
Old 07-16-22, 03:20 PM
geomike
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Nx350 executive

Mine came blocked, i removed it and there is a plug. You think if i get a puddle lights they will work? Or any other settings to do ?

Old 07-16-22, 10:45 PM
anoop
Intermediate

Received 97 Likes on 81 Posts

Puddle lights are no use here in CA because we are in a severe drought.
Batty (01-29-23)
Old 07-17-22, 01:38 AM
SenorValas
Driver

Received 59 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by geomike
Mine came blocked, i removed it and there is a plug. You think if i get a puddle lights they will work? Or any other settings to do ?
It will work. Simply remove that piece of trim to expose the wiring and then connect the puddle light to the wiring and fit it all into the recess where the removed trim used to be. No other settings to worry about. The light will come on when you open the door.

Note:- each of the two puddle lights will have a Left or Right marker on it - ensure that you fit each light to the correct door.

Last edited by SenorValas; 07-17-22 at 01:39 AM. Reason: Typo
The following 3 users liked this post by SenorValas:
geomike (07-17-22), Machder (01-01-23), Xanadu350 (07-17-22)
Old 11-14-22, 10:37 PM
fresh2jeff
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by geomike
Mine also came like this and I took the cover off but there is no harness behind it. I even popped off the lower part of the door panel and did not see anything. Anyone know if I can still add puddle lights?
Old 11-16-22, 06:46 AM
Doug007
Intermediate

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by anoop
Puddle lights are no use here in CA because we are in a severe drought.

Maybe we can break it by installing these:-)
Old 11-18-22, 07:48 PM
IntrinoX
Instructor

Received 563 Likes on 330 Posts

Scored these from LexusAcc.com
Has a slight 3D effect to it, which is amazing!
Quality and clarity blows these other ones I’ve tried out of the water!
Old 11-19-22, 06:43 PM
anniedrea
Driver

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

I was able to change these out myself! It was sooo easy. If I can figure this out, anyone can lol
Old 11-22-22, 05:13 AM
Dino2K
Rookie

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by fresh2jeff
Mine also came like this and I took the cover off but there is no harness behind it. I even popped off the lower part of the door panel and did not see anything. Anyone know if I can still add puddle lights?

First of all Thank you to all members about this front door puddle light as I have no clue it was a blank and sure enough there was a harness behind it. We must have at least 6 Lexus RX350 in the past and all have the exact same puddle light and I was shocked that it didn’t have it on the NX350H. I’m actually sick of the Lexus and the F Sport protector light from our RX350 so I’ll be installing a high power led which will be much brighter than these projector light.

@Jeff, one of my harness wire was not plug in to the blank and it was tucked all the way on the side. Did you actually remove the door panel to see if the harness was there? I’m actually surprised to hear that you couldn’t find it as I thought for sure all NX trim should have that harness. Sorry I couldn’t help much and I guess I got lucky with the harness being there behind the blank.

Machder (01-01-23)
Old 11-29-22, 06:40 PM
Dino2K
Rookie

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Finally got my puddle light installed and as mentioned before I didn’t go for the Lexus logo as it’s not bright enough imo. I used the same led light kit that I use on our RX350 and it is much brighter, Thanks again from all members for your input otherwise I wouldn’t have known that our NX actually has a puddle light connection ready.

The following 3 users liked this post by Dino2K:
geomike (11-29-22), Machder (01-01-23), Nightlight (05-12-23)
Old 11-29-22, 06:49 PM
Doug007
Intermediate

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Dino2K
Finally got my puddle light installed and as mentioned before I didn’t go for the Lexus logo as it’s not bright enough imo. I used the same led light kit that I use on our RX350 and it is much brighter, Thanks again from all members for your input otherwise I wouldn’t have known that our NX actually has a puddle light connection ready.

Looks great - could you provide information on where you purchased these?
Machder (01-01-23)
Old 11-29-22, 07:11 PM
RKF350
Intermediate

Received 123 Likes on 65 Posts

I pulled the blanks off and I too did not have the wires connected. I poked around and couldn’t feel any wires so I guess I would need to pull the lower panel away to find the connector.

For those that had to search for the connector, was it over by the speaker?

Quick Reply: OEM Puddle Lights