NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Profile not loaded

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-22 | 12:13 PM
twitte
Pit Crew

I appear to be having some of the same problems mentioned above (Android Auto for sure). Fast reboot of the system by holding the radio button didn't help me. The ACC customize setting was already turned off on my car so that fix won't help. I haven't called Lexus yet on some of these items but I will. I recently called Lexus after trying to set up my wife's key and phone to the car and the setup screwed up my access. Neither of us could get into any of the "Remote Services" settings. After calling several Lexus numbers I finally got someone that could actually help me. She was able to override my settings and straighten everything out. Here are the Lexus phone numbers I called. I'm not sure which one ended up helping me but I think it was the one I marked "Tech Support" below.

Lexus Assistance: 800-255-3987
Lexus Tech Support: 833-914-0989
Old 03-08-22 | 01:16 PM
Elena2
10th Gear

Originally Posted by twitte
I appear to be having some of the same problems mentioned above (Android Auto for sure). Fast reboot of the system by holding the radio button didn't help me. The ACC customize setting was already turned off on my car so that fix won't help. I haven't called Lexus yet on some of these items but I will. I recently called Lexus after trying to set up my wife's key and phone to the car and the setup screwed up my access. Neither of us could get into any of the "Remote Services" settings. After calling several Lexus numbers I finally got someone that could actually help me. She was able to override my settings and straighten everything out. Here are the Lexus phone numbers I called. I'm not sure which one ended up helping me but I think it was the one I marked "Tech Support" below.

I do not know if this will help, but when you set a profile only one person could be the primary driver. The second person has to set app on the phone and added from the car only, but cannot be a primary driver and I think cannot have the features from the appl Also you could try the update Android Auto to V 7.4.62. It came out a few days ago and should be more stable. Good luck!
Old 03-08-22 | 01:42 PM
abeschloss
Driver School Candidate

Can anyone tell me what exactly the "ACC Customization" setting ( under "Utility" in vehicle sustomization settings) actually controls? What is being customized for what purpose?
The following users liked this post:
javahigh (07-10-22)
Old 03-08-22 | 01:44 PM
KiaR
6th Gear

Were you able to have the lexus app features (climate control,etc) on two seperate phones and seperate profiles? It seems like only one person can access those lexus app settings.
Old 03-08-22 | 05:58 PM
twitte
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Elena2
I do not know if this will help, but when you set a profile only one person could be the primary driver. The second person has to set app on the phone and added from the car only, but cannot be a primary driver and I think cannot have the features from the appl Also you could try the update Android Auto to V 7.4.62. It came out a few days ago and should be more stable. Good luck!
Thanks for the help. I'll give that a try.
Old 03-08-22 | 07:25 PM
ct6978
Intermediate

Originally Posted by abeschloss
Can anyone tell me what exactly the "ACC Customization" setting ( under "Utility" in vehicle sustomization settings) actually controls? What is being customized for what purpose?
Here you are:

"Background:When the 2022 NX model arrives at dealerships, there is a customizable setting in the Lexus Interface system will be critical to change. If this setting is not changed before delivery to the guest, an error message (“Profile not loaded”) will appear on the multimedia screen at each startup. The “ACC Customize” setting, is designed to reduce the parasitic draw on the battery of a vehicle during shipping and storage. Before retail delivery to a guest, the setting needs to be changed to the “OFF” setting to restore the normal retail operation.

Details of the ACC Customize function:

The “ACC Customize” function has been defaulted to “ON” (disabling the system) to extend battery life during shipping and transport. With the function set to “ON”, the Lexus Interface system does not have enough time to establish communication with the guest’s phone before the time threshold expires. In this case, the “Profile not loaded” error message will appear.

When the “ACC Customize” function is turned “OFF” (normal retail operation), the Lexus Interface system detects when a guest enters the vehicle and then starts communication with the guests phone before the vehicle is turned on. This pre-boot procedure is necessary to reduce the amount of time required for the vehicle to link with the phone after the vehicle is started. Changing the “ACC Customize” function from “ON”to “OFF” will restore the system to the normal retail operation."
The following 2 users liked this post by ct6978:
dklanecky1 (03-09-22), javahigh (07-10-22)
Old 03-10-22 | 02:00 PM
twitte
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by KiaR
Were you able to have the lexus app features (climate control,etc) on two seperate phones and seperate profiles? It seems like only one person can access those lexus app settings.
I have the Lexus app installed and working fine on two separate phones (both mine). They both show "Remote Services" (which includes "Remote Climate") "Charge Management,"Last Parked Location,"Remote Park, "Charging Station," etc. They are identical on everything. However I had to log into both phones (Lexus apps) as me (same login). My wife's phone only has the Lexus app but not any of the "Remote Services" etc. The Lexus support person told me only one person can have those extra services not both people (unless my wife logs in as me). This doesn't make much sense but that is how they have it set up right now. When I originally set up my wife's phone (after mine) it messed up everything for the Remote Services and neither of us could access those services. The Lexus support person had to override the system to fix it. At least they fixed it on their end without me having to do anything else except log out and log back in.
Old 03-10-22 | 02:12 PM
ct6978
Intermediate

I have the Lexus app installed and working fine on two separate phones (both mine). They both show "Remote Services" (which includes "Remote Climate") "Charge Management,"Last Parked Location,"Remote Park, "Charging Station," etc. They are identical on everything. However I had to log into both phones (Lexus apps) as me (same login). My wife's phone only has the Lexus app but not any of the "Remote Services" etc. The Lexus support person told me only one person can have those extra services not both people (unless my wife logs in as me). This doesn't make much sense but that is how they have it set up right now. When I originally set up my wife's phone (after mine) it messed up everything for the Remote Services and neither of us could access those services. The Lexus support person had to override the system to fix it. At least they fixed it on their end without me having to do anything else except log out and log back in.
They only allow the "Primary" registered driver to use the app, something that is fairly ridiculous as those services theoretically go with the vehicle. In addition, 'Guest' profiles can't use the connected services in the car including the more complicated voice commands, something I also feel makes no sense. It isn't as if Lexus is aiming to make more money off of this, as you cannot pay for 2 separate subscriptions for the same car. All previous services were linked to the cars, not the people. If you register a new "Primary" driver, it will remove them from the original.

The concept with the profiles seems to be that you can get into any Lexus car that supports profiles and have your favorites, seat settings, etc. show up.....perhaps when we're all renting Lexus vehicles by the day that makes sense, but for now this just seems too complex with too many failure points.

I've provided my feedback to my dealer on this concept, it is possible Lexus will listen and change things...to not allow my wife and I to both fully use the car we bought is pretty crazy.
The following 2 users liked this post by ct6978:
hintonwood (03-11-22), twitte (03-13-22)
Old 03-14-22 | 12:22 PM
Elena2
10th Gear

Originally Posted by mjmcggolf
try pressing and holding radio volume button for five seconds. So far this has worked every time. Beats restarting car which only works sometimes for us…. Isn’t sad we have to deal with this s@&#. Feels like I bought a Yugo.

mjmcggolf, Thank you very much! The 5 sec volume push is the best solution I could have expected at this moment. Thank you again!
Old 05-13-22 | 06:31 AM
patvurox
7th Gear

Hi, I've been having issues with my profile not loading and my iPhone not connecting about 30% of the time. Tried all suggestions out there including restoring car settings, phone settings, updating Lexus Interface software with no real success. Then, while visiting the dealership for the spot weld recall (checked and not an issue) and the stability control recall (fixed with software update), I spoke to the service tech who sent me the attached PDF with potential fixes. Since making the updates over 10 days ago, I've not had one connection issue! In my case, I needed to turn the ACC Customize setting to ON. I don't have the Remote Parking Assist function and my Smart key (card key) was already connected.

I researched "NX 350h ACC Customize" to have a better understanding and found this post. I know this goes against what ct6978 said. Hopefully making this update to settings doesn't cause a different issue. So far, so good. It's worth a shot for those that haven't tried it yet.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
USER PROFILE NOT LOADING.pdf (623.5 KB, 300 views)
javahigh (07-10-22)
Old 05-13-22 | 06:42 AM
mjmcggolf
Driver School Candidate

Three weeks ago we took our NX350h into the Lexus dealer to address the open recall. We were told that along with addressing the recall they updated our infotainment system in an effort to eliminate the user profile not loading issue. Apparently whatever they did worked. We have not had an issue since our last dealer visit. Fingers crossed.
Old 05-13-22 | 07:26 AM
NX450h
Driver

Three weeks ago we took our NX350h into the Lexus dealer to address the open recall. We were told that along with addressing the recall they updated our infotainment system in an effort to eliminate the user profile not loading issue. Apparently whatever they did worked. We have not had an issue since our last dealer visit. Fingers crossed.
Had you already applied the over the air update to the system in the car? Was this a further update?
Old 05-13-22 | 10:08 AM
DaveDude
Driver

Originally Posted by patvurox

I researched "NX 350h ACC Customize" to have a better understanding and found this post. I know this goes against what ct6978 said. Hopefully making this update to settings doesn't cause a different issue. So far, so good. It's worth a shot for those that haven't tried it yet.
I also found that turning ACC Customize to 'On' solved my profile not loading issue. Now 100% of the time it connects. I think ct6978 had the reasoning for why it should work but had the setting reversed.
patvurox (05-13-22)
Old 05-13-22 | 01:50 PM
patvurox
7th Gear

Hi mjmcggolf, could we ask you to go into your Settings > Vehicle Customize > Utility > and check to see if the ACC Customize Setting is set to ON or OFF?

Last edited by patvurox; 05-13-22 at 02:03 PM.
Old 05-13-22 | 03:29 PM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Originally Posted by DaveDude
I also found that turning ACC Customize to 'On' solved my profile not loading issue. Now 100% of the time it connects. I think ct6978 had the reasoning for why it should work but had the setting reversed.
have you been able to get the seat/steering wheel memory to work with the key that’s linked to the profile? And if so how?

Quick Reply: Profile not loaded