Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Traveling on business. I can ask my wife to check and I’ll post asap
Old 05-13-22, 04:51 PM
DaveDude
Driver

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by LiBeRtAs
have you been able to get the seat/steering wheel memory to work with the key that’s linked to the profile? And if so how?
Yes it has been working. Did the suggested moving of the seat all the way back then moving all the way forward, as well as all the way up and back down. But only using one profile.
Old 05-13-22, 04:51 PM
mjmcggolf
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

The seat, steering wheel and mirrors work with the user profile and yes these are linked to our keys. There may have been an update that I didn’t know about (over the air). But I know the dealer updated the entire infotainment system. my wife and I (at the dealership, with the technician) needed to re-enter all of our information, link each key and reset the seat, steering wheel and mirrors.
Old 07-10-22, 06:06 AM
javahigh
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@ct6978 thank you for the ACC Customization information. I had been searching in the NX 450h+ manual(s) for a definition for the ACC mode options and had not seen this before. Just curious where you found this information?
Old 07-10-22, 06:14 AM
lsft
Racer

Received 612 Likes on 413 Posts

You see in the attachment from patvurox above. There is a PDF with the tech tip from Lexus. I assume that is for Lexus dealerships to help them troubleshoot.
The following users liked this post:
javahigh (07-10-22)
Old 07-10-22, 02:07 PM
ct6978
Intermediate

Received 172 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by javahigh
@ct6978 thank you for the ACC Customization information. I had been searching in the NX 450h+ manual(s) for a definition for the ACC mode options and had not seen this before. Just curious where you found this information?
You're very welcome. I got it from a dealer, but doesn't appear to be a tech tip or service bulletin...it references an actual service bulletin, L-SB-0033-21 for the Pre Delivery Service (PDS) process dealers follow when setting up new cars. Not in the user manual. You can get service bulletins and tech tips from your dealer (if they're willing to share) or, I believe, you should also be able to get them by paying for TIS (Toyota's service system) for access.

You can also see the opposite instruction (turn it back on) in the Tech Tip ( L-TT-0306-21) that patvurox posted above. Seems that one of the troubleshooting steps for the profile not loading issue they had folks try was to turn this back on again. I've kept mine off and after the last patch things improved. But I also, somewhat recently, cleared out the key fob links and re-linked both keys again to myself and my wife. I had the opposite key very far away to avoid any chance of it being recognized, and that's seems to have really reduced the incidents where the car confused which one of us was driving.

Last edited by ct6978; 07-10-22 at 03:02 PM.
javahigh (07-11-22)
Old 07-10-22, 02:28 PM
LiBeRtAs
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by ct6978
You're very welcome. It was from a Lexus Service Bulletin (L-SB-0033-21) that updates the Pre Delivery Service (PDS) process dealers follow when setting up new cars. Not in the user manual. You can get service bulletins from your dealer (if they're willing to share) or, I believe, you should also be able to get them by paying for TIS (Toyota's service system) for access.
RU talking about the ability to turn car off but have all the accessories keep running until you open the door or something else?
Old 07-10-22, 02:37 PM
ct6978
Intermediate

Originally Posted by LiBeRtAs
RU talking about the ability to turn car off but have all the accessories keep running until you open the door or something else?
Something else. This is related to the car recognizing a user. This setting evidently allows the car to begin recognizing the user by their phone prior to startup, but drains the battery slightly as the head-unit is always on a little. They disable that function during shipment for the cars, the dealers enable it again (turn it off in settings).

Last edited by ct6978; 07-10-22 at 03:00 PM.
javahigh (07-11-22)
Old 07-22-22, 08:27 AM
Stevek13
10th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Can anyone say please if they've successfully managed to have two working profiles on an NX450h where the prime driver can also access the remote Smart Services such as lock/unlock and preset air-conditioning?

We are so failing to make it work and neither the dealer or the tech advice line here have a clue. To get a second profile loaded we have to connect a second account and as soon as we do that it disables Smart Services (and more) on the prime account. And when we remove the vehicle from the second account to rectify that it removes the second profile.
Old 07-22-22, 08:57 AM
Kusala
Pit Crew

Received 61 Likes on 42 Posts

I'm currently the primary driver on our 450h+ and my partner is secondary. We've had no problems with our profiles loading and I was just now able to schedule the AC to come on at a scheduled time. This is the first time I have tried this.

I have noticed that if we both have our keys and if the passenger unlocks the door prior to the driver the car defaults to the passenger profile. So now I just make a point of opening the passenger door for my wife 😁
The following 2 users liked this post by Kusala:
javahigh (07-23-22), UltraDad (07-23-22)
Old 07-22-22, 09:36 AM
Stevek13
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Kusala
I'm currently the primary driver on our 450h+ and my partner is secondary. We've had no problems with our profiles loading and I was just now able to schedule the AC to come on at a scheduled time. This is the first time I have tried this.

I have noticed that if we both have our keys and if the passenger unlocks the door prior to the driver the car defaults to the passenger profile. So now I just make a point of opening the passenger door for my wife 😁
Thanks Kusala at least I now know it's possible
Old 07-22-22, 10:14 AM
ct6978
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Stevek13
Can anyone say please if they've successfully managed to have two working profiles on an NX450h where the prime driver can also access the remote Smart Services such as lock/unlock and preset air-conditioning?

We are so failing to make it work and neither the dealer or the tech advice line here have a clue. To get a second profile loaded we have to connect a second account and as soon as we do that it disables Smart Services (and more) on the prime account. And when we remove the vehicle from the second account to rectify that it removes the second profile.

Unless Lexus fixed this, I'm fairly certain that you cannot have 2 'primary drivers' and, unfortunately right now, only the 'primary driver' is able to use the app using their login. I'm set up as the primary driver for my wife's car as we both drive it regularly and I'm the one mostly using the app functions. Here's the details:
  • Only the primary driver is allowed to add the vehicle to their app account (not to be confused with the profile in the car)
  • If the secondary person adds the vehicle to their app account (signed in to their phone app as the secondary driver) it takes ihe car away from the primary driver's app account, basically switching primary and secondary
    • I have not tested this recently, please feel free to try and let me know if this has changed
    • Basically there can be only 1 'primary' app owner with the car assigned to their account....btw, this is different than the Lexus Driver's website, where you can have vehicles in the garage for both people. Also, different than previous Lexus cars.
  • Only a primary app account person can use the connected services from the app itself:
    • Setting destinations like home, work, send to car - This particularly pisses me off as my wife can't use home/work since you can only add those from the app, not the car
    • Remote start, A/C, etc.
  • One solution is to sign in under the primary app account on everyone's phones, this gives access to the remote start and most things
    • Doesn't solve destinations, because although you can send them but they go to the car profile for the primary, when the secondary driver gets in the car they won't see them
    • I don't know if this affects recognition of the profile in the car, I unlinked the phones from profile recognition and use only the keys, that cleaned up other issue....but I don't think the car cares about who is signed into the app, I think it just looks for the device.

So, just have the primary driver sign into the app on the secondary driver's phone and both can use the services.

Also, complain to Lexus about this crazy design, we paid for a car that should be able to be used by anyone we want. They're basically tying some of the key functions to one 1 person even if the car is shared by 2 people.
The following 2 users liked this post by ct6978:
javahigh (07-23-22), Stevek13 (07-22-22)
Old 07-22-22, 10:18 AM
Stevek13
10th Gear

I'm sure there's a way but I'm equally sure that Lexus themselves don't know what it is
javahigh (07-23-22)
Old 07-22-22, 10:35 AM
ct6978
Intermediate

Thanks Kusala at least I now know it's possible
Kusala is the primary in the app, so they can schedule A/C, but I suspect if their partner is signed in on their phone with their email account (and not Kusala's) then the partner should not have the option to schedule A/C or remote start. Once you're in the car, both profiles can start, drive, use the Nav and infotainment, so the car based connected services will work for both, just not the app.

I just checked again, and when I sign in to the Lexus app under my account, I see the car and can use all functions. This is the account I used to set up the primary profile in the car. When my wife signs into the Lexus app she doesn't see any cars, just sees 'Add a Vehicle' option.

I haven't tried adding the car to her account in the app recently, because when we first got the car, adding it would take it away from my account, meaning I lost the functions in the app. It is possible this has been changed, but I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited by ct6978; 07-22-22 at 10:41 AM.
Old 07-22-22, 10:48 AM
ct6978
Intermediate

I'm sure there's a way but I'm equally sure that Lexus themselves don't know what it is
I really don't understand why they don't allow both drivers to add the vehicle to the Lexus app....they could simply have a primary and secondary flag attached to the app accounts, and that would solve the problem. Both users would have access to the remote lock/unlock and all the rest, they could limit it to 2 people.

I originally thought they wanted to charge both of us subscription fees for the connected services, but now think it is just a bad design. It's pretty obvious they didn't test the integration of everything they built, and a lot of different (not talking to each other) teams worked on the various parts of this major redesign of Nav/Infotainment/connected services.

My car is a 2018 Lexus, Gen 10 Nav (also subscription based), and although it doesn't have all the features of the NX, the services and previous versions of the driver profiles (simple settings linked to key fob) worked well for me. I like the significant improvements in voice commands and Nav (when it actually works properly) but the bugs and total reliance on network connectivity are major pains.
Stevek13 (07-24-22)

Quick Reply: Profile not loaded