Profile not loaded

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-22, 04:44 AM
mjmcggolf
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Profile not loaded

Good morning,

We took delivery of our NX350h about 6 weeks ago. Love the car but not the infotainment system. We’ve been getting “Profile not loaded” messages randomly since new. Also getting message “Wireless connection failed” not necessarily at the same time. We’ve had the car back to the dealer only to be told there is a “known issue”.

Has anyone else had these issues and if so, is there a fix?

thank you
Old 03-01-22, 05:13 AM
Elena2
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The same issue here wiht 350 F Sport.

My android phone very often does not connect to android auto. I have to turn off the car, open the door, close the door start the car and at that time the profile and the phone are OK. I also get Subscritpion required, Connection timeout and so on.

Hope Lexus will fix this soon.
Old 03-03-22, 09:09 AM
Lbrooks83
8th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I am having the exact same problem with my 2022 Nx350 as well
The following 2 users liked this post by Lbrooks83:
Dkaplan (09-05-22), Elena2 (03-04-22)
Old 03-03-22, 09:36 AM
mjmcggolf
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

We have a second appt. scheduled for next Monday 3/7. I will be meeting with the service manager and the expert technician..... Wish me luck
I will post the results of this visit.
The following 2 users liked this post by mjmcggolf:
Elena2 (03-04-22), Lbrooks83 (03-03-22)
Old 03-03-22, 11:13 AM
Ihave1cat
Intermediate

Received 139 Likes on 82 Posts

@Peterun knows all too well about this issue, although his is an iPhone with the 450h+
He's been at the dealer too many times, and I think there is a widespread issue with the system.
The following users liked this post:
Elena2 (03-04-22)
Old 03-03-22, 11:55 AM
Peterun
Pit Crew

Received 87 Likes on 39 Posts

No fix…Just know that there’s a paper trail on CarFax of every problem. Lights up like a Christmas tree when you go to sell your car.
Elena2 (03-04-22)
Old 03-03-22, 07:55 PM
ct6978
Intermediate

Received 172 Likes on 100 Posts

Two things that might (or not) help:

Check that the setting for ACC Customize in the Vehicle settings, Utility sub menu, is set to "Off". Evidently this is On during shipping to avoid a small drain on the battery. Part of the Pre-Delivery Service the dealer performs is supposed to include turning this setting off. With this off, the car detects when you get in and starts detecting your phone before you turn on the car. This helps reduce the chance of seeing the "Profile not loaded" issue.

If you carry your physical key, make sure that is linked to your profile as well. There's a setting under your profile to "Link Key". If that's off, you can link your key by having it with you in the car and clicking that setting on. We (my wife and I each have our own) have ran into the profile not loaded issue and as part of my troubleshooting I stopped using our phones as primary profile identifiers and we're just using the keys. This doesn't affect Android Auto or any other phone function and removed a variable (buggy phone/bluetooth) from the equation. I also assigned different illumination colors to each profile (me, my wife, guest) so it makes it obvious who the car detects or not.

No guaranty these will work, but if ACC Customize is on, your car wasn't set up right at your dealer and that definitely will make things worse.

There is also an issue with switching profiles and the last seat position, I always see the last position used by the previous driver regardless of which profile loads.
The following 7 users liked this post by ct6978:
Elena2 (03-04-22), hintonwood (03-04-22), Ihave1cat (03-03-22), javahigh (07-10-22), susaninNC (04-29-22), twitte (03-08-22), unkind2cat (03-03-22) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-04-22, 02:38 AM
Lbrooks83
8th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you. I will try these. The main issue for me is the wireless connection failed which happens 50% of the time. The profile issue is more sporadic.
Old 03-04-22, 06:33 AM
Elena2
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ct6978
Two things that might (or not) help:

Check that the setting for ACC Customize in the Vehicle settings, Utility sub menu, is set to "Off". Evidently this is On during shipping to avoid a small drain on the battery. Part of the Pre-Delivery Service the dealer performs is supposed to include turning this setting off. With this off, the car detects when you get in and starts detecting your phone before you turn on the car. This helps reduce the chance of seeing the "Profile not loaded" issue.

If you carry your physical key, make sure that is linked to your profile as well. There's a setting under your profile to "Link Key". If that's off, you can link your key by having it with you in the car and clicking that setting on. We (my wife and I each have our own) have ran into the profile not loaded issue and as part of my troubleshooting I stopped using our phones as primary profile identifiers and we're just using the keys. This doesn't affect Android Auto or any other phone function and removed a variable (buggy phone/bluetooth) from the equation. I also assigned different illumination colors to each profile (me, my wife, guest) so it makes it obvious who the car detects or not.

No guaranty these will work, but if ACC Customize is on, your car wasn't set up right at your dealer and that definitely will make things worse.

There is also an issue with switching profiles and the last seat position, I always see the last position used by the previous driver regardless of which profile loads.

Thannks for the ACC suggestion, but mine was OFF. I will try when is ON, but I doubt it will help. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
Old 03-04-22, 07:13 AM
Peterun
Pit Crew

Hi Elena…my suggestion to you would be to have your USB connection wired and ready to go. I’ve had some luck if I make the switch immediately after wireless failure.

As many of you know, Lexus offered to changeout my NX450h. I still think about it as I really like the vehicle…and I will miss it. That said, I have zero assurance from Lexus corporate that the replacement will be better than my current NX…which is still in my garage. So…I’ve opted to take the refund and “surrender” the car. Certainly, I wouldn’t keep my current NX pending a fix. Its history of five separate visits, including a few two day overnight stays, show up on CarFax now. I assume its having been “lemonized” by the mother ship shows up too. In any event, Carvana offered me exactly $50,000 for it…. $12,000 less than MSRP. It’s a sad situation if I accept all of this as “first world issues.” Leaning towards the GLE350….which just might be the smoothest drive of all SUVs…with its standard NON run flat Michelins. There are no glitches…as evidenced by many of my buds having this vehicle. The hitch is the mpg..good on highway tho.

All ideas, that might be helpful, are welcome here. Thanks.
Elena2 (03-07-22)
Old 03-04-22, 08:07 AM
ct6978
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Elena2
Thannks for the ACC suggestion, but mine was OFF. I will try when is ON, but I doubt it will help. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
Elena2,

Please don't turn ACC On, Off is the correct setting...sounds like that's not your issue, then. Turning it On will make things worse. It could be that the car is struggling to recognize your phone quickly enough. It probably has a timeout setting where if it doesn't pick up your phone as the primary identifier it goes to guest or fails w/the message. Peterun's suggestion of USB may help as might removing your phone as the primary identifier and relying only on a linked physical key.

Here's part of the Lexus instructions on the setting:Details of the ACC Customize function:

The “ACC Customize” function has been defaulted to “ON” (disabling the system) to extend battery life during shipping and transport. With the function set to “ON”, the Lexus Interface system does not have enough time to establish communication with the guest’s phone before the time threshold expires. In this case, the “Profile not loaded” error message will appear.

When the “ACC Customize” function is turned “OFF” (normal retail operation), the Lexus Interface system detects when a guest enters the vehicle and then starts communication with the guests phone before the vehicle is turned on. This pre-boot procedure is necessary to reduce the amount of time required for the vehicle to link with the phone after the vehicle is started. Changing the “ACC Customize” function from “ON”to “OFF” will restore the system to the normal retail operation.

I've found the Android Auto (in my case) connection isn't as solid as it could be, and adds complexity and a lot of data going back and forth that might be causing issues upon initial connection. I've also seen that the 'Lexus' button in Android Auto's screen (gets you back to the car) takes a while to become enabled on first connection. I've temporarily disabled that and am just using the native car functions and my phone as just a phone/media device and it is much better. Wireless Android Auto is brand new and Google rarely gets things right initially (and even Apple has bugs) so this might be contributing.

Last edited by ct6978; 03-04-22 at 08:26 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by ct6978:
Elena2 (03-04-22), javahigh (07-10-22), planonurse (07-05-22)
Old 03-04-22, 08:18 AM
ct6978
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Lbrooks83
Thank you. I will try these. The main issue for me is the wireless connection failed which happens 50% of the time. The profile issue is more sporadic.
Just out of curiosity, when you get the failure, what happens? Does it recognize you at all? Do you end up in guest mode? Does it ask for your code? We have poor connectivity at our house, and park in the garage, making things a little worse, but I've only seen the connection failed message once and didn't pay enough attention to what happened as I was still learning about how the profiles work.

Once I removed our phones as identifying us and linked individual keys, I've only had one incident where the car didn't recognize properly, and I've tested getting in, turning it on, off, leaving, switching keys (when testing I keep the 'other' key far enough away to be sure) then getting back in....repeated testing seems to work now. I've also set each profile to a different illumination color so its easy to tell when it knows which key is detected.

I've also found locking helps as the recognition seems to start when you unlock the door while having a key with you....you can also see the "Welcome" message on the instrument display (not the Navi) start before you even get in.

There is definitely a separate seat memory issue, the car (my wife has exit assist/slide back set on and sits closer, I'm all the way back) slides the seat forward the minute I turn it on, to whatever position the prior driver had it on (when they turned the car off) and doesn't offer to go to my seat position even if it recognizes me, unless I manually switch profiles.
Old 03-04-22, 08:35 AM
NX450h
Driver

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ct6978
Just out of curiosity, when you get the failure, what happens? Does it recognize you at all? Do you end up in guest mode? Does it ask for your code? We have poor connectivity at our house, and park in the garage, making things a little worse, but I've only seen the connection failed message once and didn't pay enough attention to what happened as I was still learning about how the profiles work.

Once I removed our phones as identifying us and linked individual keys, I've only had one incident where the car didn't recognize properly, and I've tested getting in, turning it on, off, leaving, switching keys (when testing I keep the 'other' key far enough away to be sure) then getting back in....repeated testing seems to work now. I've also set each profile to a different illumination color so its easy to tell when it knows which key is detected.

I've also found locking helps as the recognition seems to start when you unlock the door while having a key with you....you can also see the "Welcome" message on the instrument display (not the Navi) start before you even get in.

There is definitely a separate seat memory issue, the car (my wife has exit assist/slide back set on and sits closer, I'm all the way back) slides the seat forward the minute I turn it on, to whatever position the prior driver had it on (when they turned the car off) and doesn't offer to go to my seat position even if it recognizes me, unless I manually switch profiles.

Clearly this is all timing related. I have had it say my name on the instrument display BUT if I start the car and drive quickly after getting in I will be in Guest Profile on the infotainment system. The ACC tip is a good one. That should never be on, but people are clearly getting the car before it has properly been set up by the dealer given the seat memory issues.
Elena2 (03-07-22)
Old 03-04-22, 09:32 AM
Peterun
Pit Crew

Hi NX and CT…my question (I’m dead serious) is…..Is all of this worth it? It’s such a great vehicle to have, especially at this time. And then there’s the “but.”
I’m not so sure it’s all software. We’ve got driver’s seat, bad mirror shaking at freeway speeds, and the “not ready for retail” profile and other infotainment/phone issues. Not so sure there will be a fix for a very long time. Certainly no encouragement from Lexus on this.
Old 03-04-22, 09:45 AM
ctripps2k
Pit Crew

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Peterun
Hi NX and CT…my question (I’m dead serious) is…..Is all of this worth it? It’s such a great vehicle to have, especially at this time. And then there’s the “but.”
I’m not so sure it’s all software. We’ve got driver’s seat, bad mirror shaking at freeway speeds, and the “not ready for retail” profile and other infotainment/phone issues. Not so sure there will be a fix for a very long time. Certainly no encouragement from Lexus on this.
I have a 350 T luxury and I have not had any problems at all other than the wireless phone charger. my profile loads every time I get in the car and I have no problems with the seat adjusting to my preferences.

The other issues I have with the entertainment system are just inconveniences. I am trying to use the Lexus system instead of Apple CarPlay but the Lexis system is plagued by all the other problems they’ve had in the past.

One issue I have is with the assistant. When you say hey Lexis it doesn’t mute the audio of whatever you’re listening to and she can’t understand you and you can’t hear her.

Quick Reply: Profile not loaded