NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Aftermarket wheels (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-22, 08:37 AM
Marcy161
9th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Aftermarket wheels (merged threads)

Hey guys, I have a 2022 Lexus NX 350 F Sport series 1. And I was wondering because our car now uses lug bolts instead of lug nuts, do I have to get wheels specifically that allow for lug bolts or can I get any wheels provided they have the same size, bolt pattern, etc.
Thank you
Old 03-02-22, 04:22 PM
Danny200t
Pit Crew

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Marcy161
Hey guys, I have a 2022 Lexus NX 350 F Sport series 1. And I was wondering because our car now uses lug bolts instead of lug nuts, do I have to get wheels specifically that allow for lug bolts or can I get any wheels provided they have the same size, bolt pattern, etc.
Thank you
Most aftermarket wheels use conical style lugs, so as long as you get lug bolts that fit the wheels you’re getting then you should be good. The IS uses M14x1.5 lug bolts, haven’t took the wheels off the NX yet but I think they would be the same. Don’t forget about hub centric rings
Old 03-02-22, 10:16 PM
NoMoreEv
Driver

Received 62 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Danny200t
Most aftermarket wheels use conical style lugs, so as long as you get lug bolts that fit the wheels you’re getting then you should be good. The IS uses M14x1.5 lug bolts, haven’t took the wheels off the NX yet but I think they would be the same. Don’t forget about hub centric rings
or get wheels with 60.1mm centre bore so there is no need for hub rings!
Old 05-08-22, 04:02 PM
Tfarab
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Wheels nx450h f-sport

I’m odd… my new nx 450h arrives this week and I’m looking into changing the wheels to something else. I just can’t leaving anything alone. Has anyone swapped out wheels yet? Anyone have wheels they loved or hate based on function ? I think I’m going to also change sizes to an 8.5 wheel vs 8.0 from factory. Thoughts on tires as well? Thanks for everyone’s thoughts in advance.
Old 05-09-22, 03:10 AM
Mrnovanova
Driver

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Tfarab
I’m odd… my new nx 450h arrives this week and I’m looking into changing the wheels to something else. I just can’t leaving anything alone. Has anyone swapped out wheels yet? Anyone have wheels they loved or hate based on function ? I think I’m going to also change sizes to an 8.5 wheel vs 8.0 from factory. Thoughts on tires as well? Thanks for everyone’s thoughts in advance.
Yeah. I changed my wheels and got aftermarket TPMS sensors. Still haven't been able to program them. Lexus said they can't help. Just a heads up. I started a thread describing my journey and will update if I ever find a solution.
Old 08-01-22, 04:53 PM
Danny200t
Pit Crew

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Has anyone put aftermarket wheels on yet?

Was wondering if anyone has put different wheels yet on the 2NX. If so, let’s see it!

Was planning to buy winter tires for the stock 20s and then get some aftermarket wheels for the summer. The Michelin X-Ice in 235/50R20 are $2100 CAD for just tires which is insane, might go with an 18” wheel and tire package which is around the same cost as tires alone for the 20s
Old 08-02-22, 10:02 AM
Ihave1cat
Intermediate

Received 139 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Danny200t
Was wondering if anyone has put different wheels yet on the 2NX. If so, let’s see it!

Was planning to buy winter tires for the stock 20s and then get some aftermarket wheels for the summer. The Michelin X-Ice in 235/50R20 are $2100 CAD for just tires which is insane, might go with an 18” wheel and tire package which is around the same cost as tires alone for the 20s
I was planning to go the opposite route. I have the Executive Package - which includes dark grey rims, which I like over the Lux/Utra Lux silver rims.

After looking into it - I'm probably going to go with my Lexus Dealer. When looking at 20" - you're right - Costco is around $2000 for 20" winters, but then you need rims, TPMS, etc.
I've had steel rims from Costco and Crappy Tire, and they aren't good - they rust like mad, so I was going to go alloys.
Not my dealer, but Don Valley North Lexus (Markham) has a package for tires, install, TPMS, and rims. I've found OEM rims to be much better than what CT or Costco sell.

Also, if you can get pricing for each line item, you may be able to price match the tires alone - as my dealership said that they will match any price - even Costco.
Old 09-07-22, 02:12 PM
Earman
Pit Crew

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrnovanova
Yeah. I changed my wheels and got aftermarket TPMS sensors. Still haven't been able to program them. Lexus said they can't help. Just a heads up. I started a thread describing my journey and will update if I ever find a solution.
On my previous NX350h I had bought aluminium wheels for winter tires and bought cloneable after market TPMS. The tire store just copied the original TPMS into the cloned ones and everything worked perfectly... The charge for copying the original to replacement TPMS was Cad$53.00.
Old 09-07-22, 03:36 PM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

I think the rim size is 7.5 "...at least that is what is stamped on the rim. Dealer told me it was 8"...never trusted that/him.

Also offset is 35
Old 04-13-23, 06:42 PM
djspazz
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Went big with 22's

So I finally upgraded the stock 18" wheels on my 450h+ to Asanti BL-30 22x9 +32 with Nexen Roadian 265/35R22 tires. Tires are flush with the rims and they are flush with the front fender. Maybe 10mm short of being flush in the rear. Wish the non F-Sport version did not have such a big wheel gap, but this is an SUV so I get it. Tempted to put some RS-R lowering springs to bring it down ~1.5". Hope you like the black on black. I wasn't sold on it at first, but it looks nice. Wanted something in gunmetal, but nothing really stood out and availability these days is unpredictable with some many style of rims.

Almost flush in the rear. It is flush with the fender in the front.

Wish the car was about 1.5" lower.
The following users liked this post:
Dunerking (04-14-23)
Old 04-14-23, 06:23 AM
nzahra11
Driver

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

How is the ride on 22's? Make's the brakes look tiny!
Old 04-14-23, 09:35 AM
Dunerking
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Yours looks great! Did you install the springs? Where did you purchase the spring kit? I was considering the coilovers but didn’t want to spend the extra money.
Found some used 22” Vossen rims with brand new Continental tires,and had them powder coated black(usually not a fan of the black rim) since ours is Cloudburst Grey. I need to get the RS-R springs and lower it down as well!

The following users liked this post:
djspazz (04-19-23)
Old 04-14-23, 10:38 PM
djspazz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by nzahra11
How is the ride on 22's? Make's the brakes look tiny!
It rides actually quite decent. I mean it is a bit bumpier but not as much as you might think. I guess if I put lowering springs, that will be another story...

Yes, I wish the brakes were larger and had nicer calipers... Sigh...
Old 04-14-23, 10:42 PM
djspazz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Dunerking
Yours looks great! Did you install the springs? Where did you purchase the spring kit? I was considering the coilovers but didn’t want to spend the extra money.
Found some used 22” Vossen rims with brand new Continental tires,and had them powder coated black(usually not a fan of the black rim) since ours is Cloudburst Grey. I need to get the RS-R springs and lower it down as well!

Oh jelly! Those Vossens look awesome! Wanted Vossens but so pricey. Bet you got a good deal. Really looks like a match for the NX! Yes, that wheel gap is just about an inch or so too large. I don't want it slammed but I do want it just a touch lower. Still waiting on the RS-R springs. Released in Japan but not in North America just yet. What are the dimensions of the Contis?

Last edited by djspazz; 04-14-23 at 10:47 PM.
Old 04-15-23, 03:51 PM
Dunerking
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks,I got really lucky finding a near new set of Vossen rims with the Conti’s for $1700..then black powder coated was $700. I have the stock 20” rims and tires for sale which should bring down the cost. The Conti’s are 265/40/22r but when they are worn out will go with a slightly smaller side wall. Plan to definitely do the RS-R springs since I already ordered them from Japan.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket wheels (merged threads)