NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Shipping times

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-22, 02:17 PM
Tolwynd33
10th Gear

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Congratulations for everyone who already got their orders. Such a wide range of variance in order date to delivery.

We placed our order for an NX350h Luxury (Cloudburst Grey & Palomino) on Dec 22nd 2021 in B.C Canada. We are still waiting with a "tentative" 3rd week of June 2022.
Old 03-17-22, 03:50 PM
bdwpac81
Rookie

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

The sticker for the 350H allocated to me was generated on 3/3/22 but it hasn’t yet arrived at the dealer here in Atlanta. If I understand correctly, the sticker is created when it arrives in the destination port?
Old 03-18-22, 08:22 AM
bdwpac81
Rookie

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bdwpac81
The sticker for the 350H allocated to me was generated on 3/3/22 but it hasn’t yet arrived at the dealer here in Atlanta. If I understand correctly, the sticker is created when it arrives in the destination port?

I just got the call that it is ready for pick up! So, 15 days from date of sticker creation.
The following users liked this post:
murtlexus (03-28-22)
Old 03-18-22, 05:47 PM
murtlexus
6th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bdwpac81
I just got the call that it is ready for pick up! So, 15 days from date of sticker creation.
congratulations. Enjoy your new car.
Old 03-26-22, 05:25 PM
jpunk
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulations! It took my car 4 weeks from the factory in Japan to get to Jacksonville, FL and then to the dealer. The dealer put pressure on the port to get the car up in queue.
Old 05-09-22, 12:38 PM
skipatrol8
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not sure anyone is following my original post but here is my timeline for the purchase of the 2022 NX 350h model:

March 5th I put down $1000 deposit and the specific VIN was tied to my purchase
March 10th The Monroney sticker was created for my vehicle and posted to my dealer's website
April 21st I was notified my vehicle arrived that day
April 22nd I picked up the vehicle

So start to finish was within the original estimate of 6-8 weeks. I am very happy with this.

My vehicle was the 350h model with luxury package and I am in the Midwest region.

Hope this helps someone else on the waiting list!

Last edited by skipatrol8; 05-09-22 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Spelling error
Old 05-10-22, 11:13 AM
Dorsai
Intermediate

Received 134 Likes on 71 Posts

So my salesguy informed me today that my car was confirmed built, and loaded on the train from Cambridge to Atlanta. He sent me a screenshot of some tool the dealership uses, and it has the rail car that my NX was loaded on - Canadian Pacific Rail/TTGX980580.

Anyone know how to track the location of this rail car? I've seen several online trackers that claim to let you do it, but in my experience they're either paid services (which I'm not going to do) or they don't work.
Old 05-11-22, 02:46 PM
timdakao
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by unkind2cat
You can check to see if a Monroney sticker (window sticker) has been prepared by copying and pasting the following URL in your browser after replacing "<enterVINhere>" with your VIN :
https://api.toyotainventory.com/vehicles/<enterVINHere>/monroney
You'll get an error message if a sticker hasn't been prepared. Monroney stickers are prepared as one of the final processes at the port. After processing, the car may remain at the port for another week or so before transporting. It took about 3 weeks for my car to reach the Dealership in Tulsa after seeing the sticker. It was shipped by rail from Long Beach to Fort Worth then by truck to Tulsa.
Does this still work for anyone? I tried inputting both the VIN number the dealer gave me for the car that I'm waiting on and VIN numbers of cars that are already confirmed on the dealers' lots but they're all giving errors.

edit: Got it to work. I also called my dealer to try to find out what ship my NX 450h+ shipped on. Overview of process so far: Car manufacture date was listed as 3/28 on the dealer's website. I put a deposit down for the car on 4/6. The dealer has been super vague about a more precise delivery window because "the Lexus system got hacked by Russian hackers." Dealer just told me today 5/11 that the boat my car arrived at Long Beach on was unloaded on 4/23 and that they'll call me with an update when the car gets on a truck. No Monroney sticker generated but the guy at the dealer told me that these days the Monroney might not get generated until after it leaves the port?

Last edited by timdakao; 05-11-22 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Updated info
Old 05-14-22, 12:56 PM
BC310
Driver

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by timdakao
Dealer just told me today 5/11 that the boat my car arrived at Long Beach on was unloaded on 4/23 and that they'll call me with an update when the car gets on a truck. No Monroney sticker generated but the guy at the dealer told me that these days the Monroney might not get generated until after it leaves the port?
As one data point, my Monroney digital sticker was dated about 5 days before my dealer in LA received the car. I don't know when it arrived at port through. The port might be handling the recall inspections for newly arrived vehicles, so that could be why yours has been sitting there a while, assuming the dates you got are correct. Once you see the sticker though, that should be a good sign. Fingers crossed your wait isn't much longer!
Old 05-15-22, 11:34 AM
timdakao
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BC310
As one data point, my Monroney digital sticker was dated about 5 days before my dealer in LA received the car. I don't know when it arrived at port through. The port might be handling the recall inspections for newly arrived vehicles, so that could be why yours has been sitting there a while, assuming the dates you got are correct. Once you see the sticker though, that should be a good sign. Fingers crossed your wait isn't much longer!
Thanks! I figured it was probably either that or maybe a holdup with one of the port installed options. I'll just keep checking for the sticker and hope it shows up soon
Old 06-24-22, 06:37 PM
chuuck1e
Pit Crew

Received 95 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Bilmocraig
So, did you get your car so far? My dealer also proposed I order my car from Japan, and I am in doubt because I think that it would take too much time. Am I wrong?
I do not think you can order a car from Japan. Most NX models are now being assembled in Canada. If you order one of the models being assembled in Canada, I believe it will come from Canada. I believe only the 450h+ models are still coming from Japan.
Old 06-25-22, 04:18 PM
TXOK2017
3rd Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default NX - Cambridge to Houston Shipping Time

Has anyone else not been able to access the link for the window sticker? https://api.toyotainventory.com/vehicles/(VIN)/monroney

My allocated NX was supposedly in production 6/17 (Canada) but my SA is unable to see any update. I have been told as soon as the car is put on the rail car it should have a window sticker generated. Curious to see how long it takes to get down to Houston.

Last edited by TXOK2017; 06-26-22 at 05:54 AM.
Old 06-25-22, 04:22 PM
DIB
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My NX 350h arrived at the dealer here in Las Vegas on 2 April. The vehicle was assembled in Japan.
Old 06-25-22, 04:24 PM
rt1902
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chuuck1e
I do not think you can order a car from Japan. Most NX models are now being assembled in Canada. If you order one of the models being assembled in Canada, I believe it will come from Canada. I believe only the 450h+ models are still coming from Japan.
my 250 was built in Japan. 100% Japanese parts.
Old 07-21-22, 11:37 AM
mcdorky18
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

After 3 months of waiting I got allocated an Atomic Silver with Black open pore wood interior and was given the VIN yesterday. I put a deposit today just to secure the allocation and tried the link to check the VIN but I'm getting error..not sure how long it takes for the VIN to generate after being provided by the SA or if anybody recently had luck using the link recently? So nice to see that there's a lot of peeps in this forum that I'm in the same page of waiting and getting antsy Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply: Shipping times