NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Shipping times

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-22, 01:09 PM
skipatrol8
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Shipping times

Hey I'm new to the forum and I recently put down a deposit on a 2022 NX 350h. The vehicle has been allocated to me by my dealer and it has a VIN. My dealer says it's done at the factory, as of last week, in Japan and is en route to the dealership. My dealer said it takes 2 weeks to cross the ocean, then it sits at the port of the US for anywhere from a day to a month or more, and then 2 more weeks to be shipped by the railroad to the dealership. So 1-2 months is their estimate. Anyone recently received their NX and can give me an idea on shipping times after it's left the factory? I'm in the Midwest USA if that helps.

Thanks so much. I look forward to this forum.
The following 2 users liked this post by skipatrol8:
gshadow325 (03-19-22), phxgator96 (09-11-22)
Old 03-07-22, 01:24 PM
chuuck1e
Pit Crew

Received 96 Likes on 57 Posts

My NX 350h was built in January (according to the door label), and reached the dealer in Southern California on March 3. I do not know when in January it was completed.

The following 2 users liked this post by chuuck1e:
Nx350fspt (06-01-22), skipatrol8 (03-09-22)
Old 03-07-22, 01:38 PM
skipatrol8
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by chuuck1e
My NX 350h was built in January (according to the door label), and reached the dealer in Southern California on March 3. I do not know when in January it was completed.
Thanks for the reply. Any idea when it actually left the factory?
Old 03-08-22, 04:18 AM
VillageNX
Driver School Candidate

Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts

My dealer called me as soon as they had what I was looking for in their allotment, which means the vehicle and the VIN existed at that point. They were able to give me a window of a specific week they expected it to be at their location. As we got closer to those dates, it ended up getting bumped out an additional week but it did end up arriving within that window. But I am in Florida and I believe the port it came into is also in Florida, so it did not have to be shipped over multiple states to the dealer once it hit the US. So, it may depend on where you are and how many hoops it has to jump through to get to where you are. For me, it took about 4 to 5 weeks to take delivery from the day I secured it with a deposit until the day I went to pick it up.
The following users liked this post:
skipatrol8 (03-09-22)
Old 03-08-22, 07:11 AM
Lexus22563
Intermediate

Received 89 Likes on 58 Posts

My dealer in New England notified me my NX350h was shipped from Japan on Feb 12 and due to arrive on March 15 in New Jersey. From there it would take 2-3 weeks to get it at the dealership. The ship has to go through the Panama Canal and make it way up the east coast. So it will be 6-7 weeks from departure
skipatrol8 (03-09-22)
Old 03-08-22, 08:47 AM
chuuck1e
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by skipatrol8
Thanks for the reply. Any idea when it actually left the factory?
I do not know when it left the factory.
skipatrol8 (03-09-22)
Old 03-08-22, 09:40 AM
dklanecky1
Intermediate

Received 136 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by skipatrol8
Hey I'm new to the forum and I recently put down a deposit on a 2022 NX 350h. The vehicle has been allocated to me by my dealer and it has a VIN. My dealer says it's done at the factory, as of last week, in Japan and is en route to the dealership. My dealer said it takes 2 weeks to cross the ocean, then it sits at the port of the US for anywhere from a day to a month or more, and then 2 more weeks to be shipped by the railroad to the dealership. So 1-2 months is their estimate. Anyone recently received their NX and can give me an idea on shipping times after it's left the factory? I'm in the Midwest USA if that helps.

Thanks so much. I look forward to this forum.
Search the entire forum for shipping information, there's someone on here who had the ability to / could track the ships (if you know the ships name) as they cross from Japan.
skipatrol8 (03-09-22)
Old 03-08-22, 10:04 AM
Lexus22563
Intermediate

Received 89 Likes on 58 Posts

Blackdog posted a way to track ships as long as you know when the ship left port. Your dealer knows departure date and estimated arrival. Blackdog located the most likely ship for me and I’ve been checking his link ever since. Don’t know he does it though.

Last edited by Lexus22563; 03-08-22 at 10:20 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Lexus22563:
dklanecky1 (03-09-22), Nx350fspt (06-01-22), skipatrol8 (03-09-22)
Old 03-08-22, 12:39 PM
VillageNX
Driver School Candidate

Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts

If the OP is in the midwest, tracking the ship will only tell when the ship hits the port of entry. It still has to make it half way across the country somehow from there and no real way to track that. I don't know if my dealer gave me an ETA based on an educated guess based on how long other allotments have taken to arrive or if they have a system that gives them the estimate and they pass it on. I believe my car came into the port of Jacksonville, FL and was sent to Lexus of Tampa - so I assume that was just a truck ride away. No railroads then truck and so on.
skipatrol8 (03-09-22)
Old 03-09-22, 12:49 AM
skipatrol8
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the replies everyone. This was exactly the information I was looking for. I don't know the name of the ship or the exact departure date. It seems to make little difference since it can sit for a day or a month or more at the port once it enters the country. But it's good to at least get an estimate.
Old 03-09-22, 06:20 AM
jardlr
Driver

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Not sure if this helps, but we put a deposit down in early February, and the salesman called 2 weeks ago to offer me some choices of NX 350Ts that they were being allocated with a build date of 3/10/22. He said once it's built, it takes 3-4 weeks to arrive (east coast dealer). If I get any updates on the build, shipping or arrival, I'll share the details.
skipatrol8 (03-09-22)
Old 03-09-22, 06:42 AM
unkind2cat
7th Gear

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

You can check to see if a Monroney sticker (window sticker) has been prepared by copying and pasting the following URL in your browser after replacing "<enterVINhere>" with your VIN :
https://api.toyotainventory.com/vehicles/<enterVINHere>/monroney
You'll get an error message if a sticker hasn't been prepared. Monroney stickers are prepared as one of the final processes at the port. After processing, the car may remain at the port for another week or so before transporting. It took about 3 weeks for my car to reach the Dealership in Tulsa after seeing the sticker. It was shipped by rail from Long Beach to Fort Worth then by truck to Tulsa.
The following 5 users liked this post by unkind2cat:
bdwpac81 (03-09-22), dklanecky1 (03-09-22), murtlexus (03-10-22), Nx350fspt (06-01-22), skipatrol8 (03-09-22)
Old 03-09-22, 09:27 AM
VomieroEmu
Driver School Candidate

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I ordered an 350 FSport on Dec 7th. Its production start was December 27th. I can't remember when it shipped. But its supposed to be delivered between today March 9th and the 11th. This is a slightly pushed delivery window of 3rd-8th.
skipatrol8 (03-09-22)
Old 03-09-22, 05:33 PM
22LexusNX
8th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by unkind2cat
You can check to see if a Monroney sticker (window sticker) has been prepared by copying and pasting the following URL in your browser after replacing "<enterVINhere>" with your VIN :
You'll get an error message if a sticker hasn't been prepared. Monroney stickers are prepared as one of the final processes at the port. After processing, the car may remain at the port for another week or so before transporting. It took about 3 weeks for my car to reach the Dealership in Tulsa after seeing the sticker. It was shipped by rail from Long Beach to Fort Worth then by truck to Tulsa.
Thanks for the link. My sticker was generated in Feb 11 but my Chicago dealer said the car would be here around March 18-22, so 5 weeks wait time
skipatrol8 (03-09-22)
Old 03-09-22, 08:14 PM
chuuck1e
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by unkind2cat
The link shows that my Monroney sticker was prepared on February 25, and the car arrived at the dealer in Southern California on March 3.
The following 2 users liked this post by chuuck1e:
mcdorky18 (07-21-22), skipatrol8 (03-09-22)

Quick Reply: Shipping times