NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Change Distance Unit

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-22, 04:51 AM
Dswhittle
Rookie

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks Isft. I’m still awaiting delivery of my NX 350H ordered in January but I’m following the posted issues and solutions. Hopefully when I get my car most of the 1st year issues will have been addressed by Lexus but it will be handy to have these work-around if not. Thanks again. Your video is now in my collection.
Old 05-25-23, 06:05 AM
kck88
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Just went to a trip in the US with my 2023 NX 450h+, after crossing the border, change "set automatically" and set to "MPG(US). While in US using the Lexus Navigation, the unit on the map was showing "miles" most of the time, but sometime shown "km".
Old 05-30-23, 09:22 AM
TheCDN
Pit Crew

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

I have a '22 NX350h Executive here in Ontario Canada. If I toggle 'OFF' the Automatic Regional Settings based on Location and select MPG (US) then go back to my centre display I get MPH displayed for everything! I had vacationed in Florida recently for several weeks and figured the auto regional setting would do something, it doesn't seem to do anything at all as far as I can see! I had called my dealer back home and they couldn't explain how to get MPH to display. Had it in for service today and they figured it out for me.

Displays Km/h

now displays MPH!
The following 2 users liked this post by TheCDN:
corinvest (05-30-23), LaurieR (11-15-23)
Old 05-30-23, 09:51 AM
kck88
Rookie

I was hoping the "set automatically" will change the unit automatically once I crossed the border, but it doesn't. Have to turn it off and set the unit manually. Unless this setting is for where you purchased the car. not where the car is currently.
Old 05-30-23, 10:38 AM
Droid13
Racer

Received 542 Likes on 380 Posts

I would be curious to see if setting Date and Time via GPS affects this stuff at all, one way or another. Thinking how the software decides what to do here, it obviously tries to determine where it is by reading values stored elsewhere in memory by a different subroutine. It would be nice to think that since the car has GPS it would always know exactly where it is, and those values stored once for all functions. But there are multiple ways to determine location (GPS and cellular service provider being most likely), and depending on how many programmers were involved and if any part of it was provided by a 3rd party (say, for example, the nav system), I could potentially see location being saved more than once in memory depending on the programmer and function. Maybe there is some causal link between these two settings intended or otherwise.

Just a wild guess, for fun...

PS Pounds per square inch for tire pressures? How lame, my tires are round, not square!
Old 06-12-23, 09:36 AM
TheCDN
Pit Crew

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

I live in Niagara area. And have used the Lexus GPS to aid in short trips over the US - Can border so as to not use my roaming on my cell service while using Google Maps or Apple Maps. That female voice used on Lexus GPS (which to me sounds like she's not very happy - we call her Crabby Kathy) she always says ' Welcome to the USA'. When we travelled to Florida she announced every new state we entered too. So the system has the intelligence to know what country state or province you're entering but the units of measure don't change! I'm guessing it's a legal thing, they don't want speedometer to change to an unfamiliar unit for the driver automatically. You always hear of an American getting pulled over and exclaiming that they thought the posted limit was 100 MPH in Canada when it's actually 100 Kms/hr on our highways.

Lexus if you're listening please make Crabby Kathy sound a little more upbeat and less moody.
Old 06-12-23, 10:12 AM
kck88
Rookie

I know, wondering what exactly the "set automatically" is for. it's a bug or something else. It's a bit inconvenient that you have to stop the car to change the unit, all my previous cars have a button to toggle the unit.
The following users liked this post:
Billst (10-11-23)
Old 11-15-23, 06:42 AM
LaurieR
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing from km to miles

In the US, Click on Settings, General, then Language and Units. Turn off Set Automatically (it doesn’t!), then choose MPG (US).
To change back in Canada, same steps except choose km/L or L/100 km.
Old 11-15-23, 07:38 AM
Billst
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

It is the same going from U.K. to EU and vice versa.
It is possible to change BUT The nav units seem to randomly revert back to those from which the car was purchased.
Really annoying when the sat nav directions on HUD is different from the speedometer on HUD.
The LINK + is also fixed to the purchase location.
Clearly another software bug that they cannot be bothered to fix.
I did contact Lexus UK but they just said that is the way it is.