NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Change Distance Unit

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-22, 09:14 PM
danielmao
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Post Change Distance Unit

I have just picked up my 2022 NX350h in Canada. I'm planning on a trip to the US so I tried to change the distance unit for the gauge. However, in the language and unit menu, there are no options for the distance. I was wondering if any knows how to change the unit.

Also, the distance for the navigation is in miles while the displaying unit on the gauge is kilometers. Has this happened to any other people, just wondering.

UPDATE: The Lexus team in Canada has replied, saying the NX350h in Canada market may not change the distance unit.

Full response:
Thank you for your recent correspondence.

We have reviewed the specifications for the 2022 Lexus NX 350h to see if it has an option to change the speedometer from kilometers to miles. We regret to inform you that this feature is not available.

We would like to take this opportunity to mention that Lexus Canada continually monitors the demand within the Canadian market and will adjust our line-up based on our findings.

Additionally, we have noted your interest in this option and have forwarded it to our Product Planning department for their information and future consideration.

Thank you again for taking the time to write and allowing us the opportunity to comment.

Sincerely,

Haley Dupuis
Customer Assistance Centre
Lexus Canada

Last edited by danielmao; 03-21-22 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Update of official response
The following users liked this post:
Mrnovanova (03-20-22)
Old 03-20-22, 02:45 AM
lsft
Racer

Received 575 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by danielmao
I have just picked up my 2022 NX350h in Canada. I'm planning on a trip to the US so I tried to change the distance unit for the gauge. However, in the language and unit menu, there are no options for the distance. I was wondering if any knows how to change the unit.

Also, the distance for the navigation is in miles while the displaying unit on the gauge is kilometers. Has this happened to any other people, just wondering.
I noticed that during my test drive that the navigation is in miles, but don't know how to change it.
Old 03-20-22, 03:29 AM
nx450plus
Pit Crew

Received 99 Likes on 62 Posts

In Settings (looks like a gear) -> Vehicle customize you can change the units that are displayed.
Old 03-20-22, 02:01 PM
Mrnovanova
Driver

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by nx450plus
In Settings (looks like a gear) -> Vehicle customize you can change the units that are displayed.
there is no such option that I could find. I'm expecting a callback from lexus tomorrow. I'm having the exact same issue.
Old 03-20-22, 02:52 PM
nx450plus
Pit Crew

Received 99 Likes on 62 Posts

Page 58 of the 2022 Multimedia Owner's Manual
Old 03-21-22, 12:59 AM
danielmao
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by nx450plus

Page 58 of the 2022 Multimedia Owner's Manual
I saw this. But in that menu, there is no Distance toggle. I wonder if it is the trim level issue or the Canadian market issue.
Old 03-21-22, 09:07 AM
Mrnovanova
Driver

I saw this. But in that menu, there is no Distance toggle. I wonder if it is the trim level issue or the Canadian market issue.
I tried it and it worked. Pressed set automatically to untoggle then selected miles and then km then pressed set automatically to toggle again and it fixed it. I now see the distance in KM.
Old 03-21-22, 01:55 PM
danielmao
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mrnovanova
I tried it and it worked. Pressed set automatically to untoggle then selected miles and then km then pressed set automatically to toggle again and it fixed it. I now see the distance in KM.
I turned that off but there is no distance change. I can only change the unit for fuel-efficiency or tire pressure. Maybe the Canadian market cannot change?

Old 03-21-22, 02:10 PM
Mrnovanova
Driver

I turned that off but there is no distance change. I can only change the unit for fuel-efficiency or tire pressure. Maybe the Canadian market cannot change?
The change took effect after I turned it back on.
Old 03-21-22, 02:10 PM
danielmao
Driver School Candidate

there is no such option that I could find. I'm expecting a callback from lexus tomorrow. I'm having the exact same issue.
I got the update from Lexus saying this feature is being disabled in the Canadian market.
Old 03-21-22, 02:13 PM
danielmao
Driver School Candidate

Oh, you mean the unit on the map? Got it. I was trying to change the unit in the speedometer but failed.
Old 03-21-22, 02:39 PM
Mrnovanova
Driver

UPDATE: The Lexus team in Canada has replied, saying the NX350h in Canada market may not change the distance unit.

Full response:
Well I managed to do it as you can see on my picture below.
Old 03-21-22, 07:34 PM
danielmao
Driver School Candidate

Well I managed to do it as you can see on my picture below.
Just changed this setting and it works well. Thanks
Old 03-22-22, 04:16 AM
gwang267
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I had this issue as well. To fix it, turn "set automatically off" and then change one of them to a different unit, and then back to the unit you want. Then turn "set automatically" back on. it doesnt say in that menu but the units in the map is indeed pulled from that setting! Toyota has been doing that for years according to a master tech I spoke with!
The following users liked this post:
lsft (03-27-22)
Old 03-27-22, 09:07 AM
lsft
Racer

Received 575 Likes on 384 Posts

I created this YouTube video to hopefully help others on getting this fixed.

The following 3 users liked this post by lsft:
Billst (10-11-23), Doug007 (05-25-23), geomike (07-10-22)

Quick Reply: Change Distance Unit