NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Newer, later production NXs with same issues?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-22, 10:51 AM
NoMoreEv
Driver

Received 62 Likes on 41 Posts

@Peterrud I don’t think I would try another one if the phone connectivity / personal profile is so important to you. There is no guarantee that the newer build don’t have the same issue as your previous one. There are many other brands you can give it a try!
Old 03-23-22, 02:10 PM
Peterun
Pit Crew

Received 87 Likes on 39 Posts

Thanks, NoMoreEv and TechNut. I hear what your saying. There’s no assurance of any “fix” at this point. I do a lot of mountain driving from the Desert to San Diego. Too old to juggle the phone for biz calls and texts while driving. The iPhone 13 does allow for dictation, but holding the phone on those curves really rattles me. It would be under the umbrella of “magical thinking” to expect the replacement NX to be fully corrected. My husband’s RAV Prime sits in the hospital lot for most of the time…but he too needs a non hand held phone even more than I do! He refuses to switch off. First world concerns in a 3d world headed country…. I get it! Thanks to all…or might I say “mostly all?”
Old 03-23-22, 03:24 PM
ct6978
Intermediate

Received 172 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Peterun
Thanks, NoMoreEv and TechNut. I hear what your saying. There’s no assurance of any “fix” at this point. I do a lot of mountain driving from the Desert to San Diego. Too old to juggle the phone for biz calls and texts while driving. The iPhone 13 does allow for dictation, but holding the phone on those curves really rattles me. It would be under the umbrella of “magical thinking” to expect the replacement NX to be fully corrected. My husband’s RAV Prime sits in the hospital lot for most of the time…but he too needs a non hand held phone even more than I do! He refuses to switch off. First world concerns in a 3d world headed country…. I get it! Thanks to all…or might I say “mostly all?”
If its a question of safety, you may want to take the conservative approach and assume not everything will be fixed or that it may take a while. Some may not ever get 'fixed' from our viewpoint as Lexus may have made design decisions that preclude any good fixes. I'm not sure how they'll ever fix the problem of the wrong or no profile loading if they rely on connectivity to download the profile information, it just isn't possible to always have connectivity when starting up the car. I can see some benefits to profiles, but would have preferred primary storage for those profiles to be in the car you get in all the time vs. a network that isn't always available. Very similar mistake, IMHO, to those software and game companies that won't let you use their product without an active internet connection, that's not always possible.

If we were constantly getting into other people's (or rental/loaner) Lexus, then I could see the use case for this, but....