NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Newer, later production NXs with same issues?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-22, 12:51 PM
Peterun
Pit Crew

Received 87 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Newer, later production NXs with same issues?

Have corrections been made at this point?

Last edited by Peterun; 03-21-22 at 11:14 PM.
Old 03-21-22, 03:55 PM
ctripps2k
Pit Crew

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Peterun
Have corrections been made at this point?
what issues? Lexus has not acknowledged any issues!

🤣🤣🤣🤣
Old 03-21-22, 04:02 PM
Peterun
Pit Crew

As most know, mine was “lemonized” and I finally “surrendered” my NX450h this morning. I was just offered another one, to deliver in 30 days. First time: Victim; Second time: Stupid. But still, it was the right vehicle for these times. Miss it.

Last edited by Peterun; 03-21-22 at 09:34 PM.
Old 03-21-22, 04:18 PM
gcskoor
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Toyota claims they have this continuous improvement mindset. Just not sure how long it take to get into production, if ever for a resolution.

I got bit wayback in 1987 on a new Camry new model first batch for a safety defect on their automatic seatbelt.

Toyota and dealer would not recognize for fix the problem under warranty. They claimed I had broken it, so I had to fix it myself at my cost and do a simple redesign. But they actually hurt themself, it eventual became a federal safety recall safety issues with all the bad press that generates and cost. And the fix was essentially my redesign. They would have been better to listen to their customers, ti seems. LOL. Hope things are better at Lexus.

So far, I am not too concerned about the new user interface. Wireless charging issue is little more concern, but it is a part that is pretty simple to replace with a new part number even if they will not under warranty. Or figure out some way to get working better.

The K frame, engine and hybrid drivetrain are actually older, tested designs, so if they can screw the new panels and interiors together without much rattles or wind noise, I am good to go. I hope...

Last edited by gcskoor; 03-21-22 at 04:24 PM.
The following users liked this post:
jchall30 (03-21-22)
Old 03-21-22, 06:43 PM
lsft
Racer

Received 613 Likes on 414 Posts

As most know, mine was “lemonized” and I finally “surrendered” my NX450h this morning. I was was just offered another one, to deliver in 30 days. First time: Victim; Second time: Stupid. But still, it was the right vehicle for these times. Miss it.
Oh well... You miss it, but you consider it stupid to try again now. So all you can do is wait or as you said go and buy another brand. No point in winding on it. I think we got your point.

​​​​​​I personally will keep it and wait for the fixes, as i trust it will get fixed. But it's all choice which you definitely have taken. Good luck on your next vehicle choice.
dklanecky1 (03-22-22)
Old 03-21-22, 07:56 PM
nitrolada
Pit Crew

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

Software updates isn't really something that needs to be fixed/addressed on assembly line. It can and will be pushed out OTA
pretty standard for cars nowadays. Eg RDX didn't get android auto for like 2 years despite it being marketed as available when released, same with my BMWs and MBs in terms of bug fixes and issues addressed OTA for infotainment or at most flashed update when I go in for servicing for transmission shift logic and throttle map etc

Like it or not, this is how it is nowadays

Last edited by nitrolada; 03-21-22 at 09:55 PM.
Old 03-21-22, 08:11 PM
chuuck1e
Pit Crew

Received 96 Likes on 57 Posts

As most know, mine was “lemonized” and I finally “surrendered” my NX450h this morning. I was was just offered another one, to deliver in 30 days. First time: Victim; Second time: Stupid. But still, it was the right vehicle for these times. Miss it.
So they offered you another one in lieu of buying your's back? Or they just want you to essentially use the refund they gave you to buy another one?
Old 03-21-22, 08:14 PM
chuuck1e
Pit Crew

Received 96 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by gcskoor
The K frame, engine and hybrid drivetrain are actually older, tested designs, so if they can screw the new panels and interiors together without much rattles or wind noise, I am good to go. I hope...
I have no rattles or wind noise on my new 350h. The car is so quiet that I usually cannot hear/feel it when the gas engine starts or stops. I generally buy first year models, and have never had any major issues with Toyota/Lexus or Honda/Acura.
gcskoor (03-21-22)
Old 03-22-22, 12:05 AM
gcskoor
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by chuuck1e
I have no rattles or wind noise on my new 350h. The car is so quiet that I usually cannot hear/feel it when the gas engine starts or stops. I generally buy first year models, and have never had any major issues with Toyota/Lexus or Honda/Acura.
Yeah, same here, this will be my 4th new model year purchase. I am not expecting any issues other than the new UI and wireless charger. I consider these minor and easily fixable- not showstoppers.

I personally would take another 450h+ over the issues that I have seen discussed, if made that offer. It would be later production, so even less risk. And especially with the availability issues, current market demand, and likely cost increase for the plug-in. Heck, probably one could sell it at a profit. But I do understand, if one loses confidence hard to step back into the same mud puddle. But to be honest, it does seem like an awful shallow puddle. Just saying.
Old 03-22-22, 10:21 AM
Nx350fspt
Pit Crew

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by gcskoor
Yeah, same here, this will be my 4th new model year purchase. I am not expecting any issues other than the new UI and wireless charger. I consider these minor and easily fixable- not showstoppers.

I personally would take another 450h+ over the issues that I have seen discussed, if made that offer. It would be later production, so even less risk. And especially with the availability issues, current market demand, and likely cost increase for the plug-in. Heck, probably one could sell it at a profit. But I do understand, if one loses confidence hard to step back into the same mud puddle. But to be honest, it does seem like an awful shallow puddle. Just saying.
Absolutely not!
Don't fool yourself -- he was offered 50k for his car, he purchased for 62k license and tax 70k. Only a couple of months old.👍
Old 03-22-22, 10:40 AM
Peterun
Pit Crew

NX350. Yes, I was offered $50,000 from Carvana because mine show up as a lemon law vehicle that was brought in for service 5 times on CarFax. No different than a “salvage” vehicle. Street value is above MSRP as is the RAV Prime.
Old 03-22-22, 12:20 PM
midcow3
Racer

Received 651 Likes on 433 Posts
Wink Yes, problems still exist but all in all minor but NX still best Lexus

Yes, the problems still exist and will be fixed in the future with a software/firmware update. However, the problems identified are not safety or drivability issues and are in real-world only minor inconveniences.

Buy the NX and if you are one of the lucky 99.9% of the people you will be very happy and pleased with your 2022 Lexus NX. If you are sadly one of the 0.1% pessimistic, persnickety, chronic complainers then you will not be happy.; but, then you are probably not happy with anything in life because nothing pleases you.

Me, I am in the 99.9% and would be tickled pink to actually take possession of a 2022 Lexus NX even if my profiles and the smart key don't work perfectly.

The 2022 Lexus NX is one of the best cars Lexus has ever built and in the near future it will overtake the ES and RX as the most sold car in the Lexus line. It will also outsell its competitors.

YMMV,
MidCow3
NJLEXES (03-23-22)
Old 03-22-22, 02:56 PM
gcskoor
Pit Crew

NX350. Yes, I was offered $50,000 from Carvana because mine show up as a lemon law vehicle that was brought in for service 5 times on CarFax. No different than a “salvage” vehicle. Street value is above MSRP as is the RAV Prime.
Oh thanks, that salvage/lemon notation explains the low value somewhat. Frankly,I would not have paid even $50k with a lemon notation. I thought your settlement with Lexus was to just swap out the car. Sound like the lemon law did not help much with that kind of loss. I would have to go back and look at all your issues, but I thought most where related to UI and profiles. Sorry, if I missed something else.

I personally would have not taken that kind of hit unless it was something I knew just could not be reasonable fixed in the field. Maybe foolishly, I think Lexus would eventually fix most, if not all issues brought up in this forum so far, but dumping and moving on it is your right.

Hope your find something's you like.
Old 03-22-22, 03:09 PM
ctripps2k
Pit Crew

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts

I am very surprised that they have not come out with a software update, either over the year or via the website for download. As these cars have been available since December with no updates, I am not very optimistic about them doing “regular” updates.
Old 03-22-22, 03:59 PM
nx450hfspt
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ctripps2k
I am very surprised that they have not come out with a software update, either over the year or via the website for download. As these cars have been available since December with no updates, I am not very optimistic about them doing “regular” updates.
Someone from Facebook NX group said there is an update, but he/she has problems after the update.

Quick Reply: Newer, later production NXs with same issues?