“Key fob detected in vehicle” 450 f sport error

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-22, 05:08 PM
Yoogert
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default “Key fob detected in vehicle” 450 f sport error

Hi all,

When using the remote app to lock the doors or remote start the car, about 60% of the time I get an error that either key fob is in the vehicle or haven’t met pre conditions for remote start, even though all have been met.

I also can’t use my close and lock function from the rear lift gate button, or lock any doors from the edges of the outside door handles. There’s a long steady beep when I try either of them.

Anyone having similar issues or know of a fix? Both key fobs and both phones associated with the car are atleast 10-15 feet away or more. I leave my charger cable in the cargo area, but it has happened with or without the cable in the car.
Old 03-29-22, 05:31 PM
lsft
Racer

Received 610 Likes on 412 Posts

Originally Posted by Yoogert
Hi all,

When using the remote app to lock the doors or remote start the car, about 60% of the time I get an error that either key fob is in the vehicle or haven’t met pre conditions for remote start, even though all have been met.

I also can’t use my close and lock function from the rear lift gate button, or lock any doors from the edges of the outside door handles. There’s a long steady beep when I try either of them.

Anyone having similar issues or know of a fix? Both key fobs and both phones associated with the car are atleast 10-15 feet away or more. I leave my charger cable in the cargo area, but it has happened with or without the cable in the car.
You have activated the digital key? You using an Android device?

I had the same problem with my Pixel 6 Pro with the digital key on. I couldn't lock my car and it says key fob is in the car. However on an iphone it works fine. Seems like the Android Bluetooth is not able to tell the car the phone is outside of the car. Possible Android OS issue?
Old 03-29-22, 05:36 PM
Yoogert
Driver School Candidate

No I have an iPhone and I haven’t activated digital key yet because I’m afraid it will fuse further profile problems - which luckily I’ve only had happen very few times
Old 03-29-22, 05:57 PM
lsft
Racer

No I have an iPhone and I haven’t activated digital key yet because I’m afraid it will fuse further profile problems - which luckily I’ve only had happen very few times
You should have 3 keys. There is a wallet key. Did they leave it in the glove?
The following 2 users liked this post by lsft:
BC310 (03-30-22), Lurker9 (04-01-22)
Old 03-30-22, 04:15 AM
Yoogert
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lsft
You my friend are a genius and savior. That’s why I love these forums, went through multiple service calls and almost a visit this weekend and nobody thought to mention that.

The following users liked this post:
lsft (03-30-22)
Old 03-30-22, 06:09 AM
midcow3
Racer

Received 636 Likes on 421 Posts
Thumbs up great response @lsft

Originally Posted by lsft
You my friend are a genius and savior. That’s why I love these forums, went through multiple service calls and almost a visit this weekend and nobody thought to mention that.

Great response @lsft . Multiple keys is one of the reasons people have profile and settings problems.
The following 2 users liked this post by midcow3:
dklanecky1 (03-30-22), lsft (03-30-22)
Old 03-30-22, 06:17 AM
lsft
Racer

Someone in the forum mentioned in recently and that is why I mentioned it to you too. My dealership gave me all 3 keys and didn't keep it in the car. I hope this solves your problem - in fact, I pulled the battery out of the wallet card as I don't think I would be using it and just kept it in the faraday box.
Old 03-30-22, 06:58 AM
Yoogert
Driver School Candidate

I found it this morning and removed it. Door lock functions work. I haven’t got to test remote start, but I’m assuming the issue is gone. Thanks again.
lsft (03-30-22)
Old 04-01-22, 04:27 AM
Lurker9
Pole Position

Received 99 Likes on 41 Posts

The same thing happened with my car when I got home from the dealership yesterday. Thank you for posting this.
lsft (04-01-22)