NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Trying to buy a NX450h+ in WA

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-22, 04:18 PM
450hinLA
Pit Crew

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by ThetaErnr
I am in So Cal and would like to get a NX 450h+ at MSRP before the tax rebate runs out. No preference on color. Longo Lexus told me that their wait list is 1 year long. Did anyone else have any luck with any other dealerships?

Anyone has any idea in terms of when the tax rebate is expected to run out for Lexus?
Try Lexus of Cerritos
Old 05-04-22, 08:20 PM
chuuck1e
Pit Crew

Received 96 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by ThetaErnr
Anyone has any idea in terms of when the tax rebate is expected to run out for Lexus?
Toyota/Lexus is expected to hit the 200k sales figure this quarter. The phase out will be:
  • July 1 to September 30, 2022 – Full $7,500 tax credit remains available for qualifying Toyota/Lexus EVs.
  • October 1 to March 31, 2023 – Credit drops to $3,750.
  • April 1 to September 30, 2023 – Credit drops again to $1,875.
  • October 1, 2023 onward – Toyota federal tax credit is zero.
Old 05-04-22, 08:25 PM
chuuck1e
Pit Crew

Received 96 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by 450hinLA
Try Lexus of Cerritos
When I was looking for a 450h+ in February, Lexus of Cerritos told me they were selling at MSRP, but that every vehicle comes with $3845 in accessories (window tint, door edge guards and handle guards and interior appearance protection package).
Old 05-04-22, 08:38 PM
450hinLA
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by chuuck1e
When I was looking for a 450h+ in February, Lexus of Cerritos told me they were selling at MSRP, but that every vehicle comes with $3845 in accessories (window tint, door edge guards and handle guards and interior appearance protection package).
I got mine there this weekend, and I paid exactly what was on the original window sticker. There were lots of options installed (digital mirror, triple beam headlamps, 6.6kw charger, panoramic view monitor package, advanced park, towing package, smartphone convenience package, and door edge film). In my search at all dealerships, the cars were coming in with these options installed. Maybe not the door edge film, but that was $95.
Old 05-06-22, 02:06 AM
Jggy993
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chuuck1e
** I believe just getting any 450h+ with the 'goodies package' above msrp is still worth it given the slow trickle of cars incoming! Also, who knows what the socal market may do in the coming months with regard to markup pricing!!! Take what you can get now as long as it within your budget!! Also take into account the first year federal tax rebate of 7.5k.
Old 05-06-22, 02:10 AM
Jggy993
Rookie

I got mine there this weekend, and I paid exactly what was on the original window sticker. There were lots of options installed (digital mirror, triple beam headlamps, 6.6kw charger, panoramic view monitor package, advanced park, towing package, smartphone convenience package, and door edge film). In my search at all dealerships, the cars were coming in with these options installed. Maybe not the door edge film, but that was $95.
was there a markup on top of the msrp invoice at cerritos? If not, you may have sealed the deal before the majority of socal dealers have gone to the typical upswing in markups ranging from 5k to 20k+. Each passing month, the markups are getting higher with increasing demand too!!!
Old 05-06-22, 07:05 AM
450hinLA
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Jggy993
was there a markup on top of the msrp invoice at cerritos? If not, you may have sealed the deal before the majority of socal dealers have gone to the typical upswing in markups ranging from 5k to 20k+. Each passing month, the markups are getting higher with increasing demand too!!!
No markup. It was $60k. That’s it.

I just got it this past weekend, so I don’t think it was before dealers started charging “market adjustments”. I spoke with every dealer in SoCal, most in NoCal, and some on the East Coast. All were either charging a market adjustment ($5k - $20k) or they added a package of “stuff” that ranged from $4k on up. Or both!

The only 2 dealers I could find at MSRP were Longo and Cerritos. Longo had a waitlist of ~180 people when I called, so I bought from Cerritos.
The following users liked this post:
Jggy993 (05-06-22)
Old 05-06-22, 04:55 PM
Jggy993
Rookie

No markup. It was $60k. That’s it.

I just got it this past weekend, so I don’t think it was before dealers started charging “market adjustments”. I spoke with every dealer in SoCal, most in NoCal, and some on the East Coast. All were either charging a market adjustment ($5k - $20k) or they added a package of “stuff” that ranged from $4k on up. Or both!

The only 2 dealers I could find at MSRP were Longo and Cerritos. Longo had a waitlist of ~180 people when I called, so I bought from Cerritos.
interesting. I had called Cerritos about 2 weeks ago and they stated that any incoming car for delivery would be msrp + additional goods package of about 4k. Maybe things changed in that short time period. What color did you end up getting? Nice find and buy!

Old 05-06-22, 05:08 PM
450hinLA
Pit Crew

interesting. I had called Cerritos about 2 weeks ago and they stated that any incoming car for delivery would be msrp + additional goods package of about 4k. Maybe things changed in that short time period. What color did you end up getting? Nice find and buy!
I had initially contacted them on March 3rd. They actually had one available for reservation at that time, but it wasn't a color combo that I wanted. The market seemed to get crazier a week or two after that, and I regretted passing on the one they had offered. But they kept me on their list, and I heard from them on March 18th. They had 2 new ones allocated to the dealership, and they were "first come, first served" in regards to the reservation process. It was crazy. They texted me at 9:15am, and I was there at 10:30am...and just barely beat someone else out. It was a very strange process. Then I just had to fill out a credit app (even though I wasn't financing thru them), and sign something agreeing to their pricing (which was MSRP). That was it. The car arrived at the port on 4/7, but got stuck there due to the recall that happened. I finally took delivery on 4/30.

So I'm not sure if their pricing has changed since mid-March. I guess it's possible. But I didn't pay until the end of April, and they honored what we had agreed to.
timdakao (05-13-22)
Old 05-06-22, 05:15 PM
Jggy993
Rookie

I had initially contacted them on March 3rd. They actually had one available for reservation at that time, but it wasn't a color combo that I wanted. The market seemed to get crazier a week or two after that, and I regretted passing on the one they had offered. But they kept me on their list, and I heard from them on March 18th. They had 2 new ones allocated to the dealership, and they were "first come, first served" in regards to the reservation process. It was crazy. They texted me at 9:15am, and I was there at 10:30am...and just barely beat someone else out. It was a very strange process. Then I just had to fill out a credit app (even though I wasn't financing thru them), and sign something agreeing to their pricing (which was MSRP). That was it. The car arrived at the port on 4/7, but got stuck there due to the recall that happened. I finally took delivery on 4/30.

So I'm not sure if their pricing has changed since mid-March. I guess it's possible. But I didn't pay until the end of April, and they honored what we had agreed to.
ok that makes more sense. They honored the mid march pricing you had been offered. I started making calls in mid april and they are now offering the msrp + 4kish markup at cerritos. What color combo + model did you end up with?

Congrats on the buy!!

Old 05-06-22, 05:22 PM
450hinLA
Pit Crew

ok that makes more sense. They honored the mid march pricing you had been offered. I started making calls in mid april and they are now offering the msrp + 4kish markup at cerritos. What color combo + model did you end up with?

Congrats on the buy!!
Thanks! I got white with black interior, luxury package. I passed on quite a few with red/rose interiors. I know that many people prefer it, but it just wasn't for me. I guess that's why they make lots of different options :-)
Old 05-13-22, 06:36 PM
timdakao
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Would you mind checking when your Monroney sticker was generated? https://api.toyotainventory.com/vehicles/<yourvingoeshere>/monroney. I'm waiting on my 450h+ in Norcal and my dealer told me that it was unloaded at Long Beach on 4/23. My sticker still hasn't generated yet and it's super frustrating not knowing even an estimated arrival date. Every time I call my dealer they just tell me "any day now"
Old 05-13-22, 06:57 PM
450hinLA
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by timdakao
Would you mind checking when your Monroney sticker was generated? https://api.toyotainventory.com/vehicles/<yourvingoeshere>/monroney. I'm waiting on my 450h+ in Norcal and my dealer told me that it was unloaded at Long Beach on 4/23. My sticker still hasn't generated yet and it's super frustrating not knowing even an estimated arrival date. Every time I call my dealer they just tell me "any day now"
That link doesn't work for me. However, I have a digital version of my Monroney, and the watermark says 4/22/22. So maybe that's correct?

EDIT: I switched browsers and got the link to work. But the date now says "Created on 2022-05-10, which makes no sense. Is there a different place I should be looking on the sticker.
timdakao (05-13-22)
Old 05-13-22, 07:32 PM
timdakao
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

That link doesn't work for me. However, I have a digital version of my Monroney, and the watermark says 4/22/22. So maybe that's correct?

EDIT: I switched browsers and got the link to work. But the date now says "Created on 2022-05-10, which makes no sense. Is there a different place I should be looking on the sticker.
Thanks for checking! Hmm that's the link that's been floating around the forum and it's also the one my dealer's website uses to show stickers on their inventory. Ex: if you click on "factory window sticker" on a listing it goes to there https://www.putnamlexus.com/new/LEXU...39bcb7d360.htm Not sure why it's giving you 5/10 as the generation date unless it's somehow giving you info for a different car.
Old 05-13-22, 07:48 PM
450hinLA
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by timdakao
Thanks for checking! Hmm that's the link that's been floating around the forum and it's also the one my dealer's website uses to show stickers on their inventory. Ex: if you click on "factory window sticker" on a listing it goes to there https://www.putnamlexus.com/new/LEXU...39bcb7d360.htm Not sure why it's giving you 5/10 as the generation date unless it's somehow giving you info for a different car.
It didn't work the first time because that site doesn't like Safari. I remembered that after I posted...that's why I edited my reply.

It seems like there's a watermark date that shows up on the Monroney when you access it. What were you hoping to find out from the date anyway? Does your car still show in A status? After my car arrived at the port, it took 3 weeks until it was delivered...and the dealer is 15 minutes away from the port.
timdakao (05-13-22)

Quick Reply: Trying to buy a NX450h+ in WA