NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Trying to buy a NX450h+ in WA

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-22 | 08:01 PM
timdakao
Driver

Originally Posted by 450hinLA
It didn't work the first time because that site doesn't like Safari. I remembered that after I posted...that's why I edited my reply.

It seems like there's a watermark date that shows up on the Monroney when you access it. What were you hoping to find out from the date anyway? Does your car still show in A status? After my car arrived at the port, it took 3 weeks until it was delivered...and the dealer is 15 minutes away from the port.
Not sure what you mean by A status since my dealer is being super vague with the info they're giving me. They tried telling me their system has been down for the last 3 weeks because "the Russians hacked it" so I've checking around for info I can find on my own to guesstimate when mine will finally arrive. All they could tell me is when it gets loaded onto a truck they'll call me. I got the sticker generation thing from other people on the forum. Is there a more accurate system I can use to check the status of the car?
Old 05-13-22 | 08:20 PM
450hinLA
Pit Crew

I used https://guest.dealer.toyota.com/v-spec/<yourVINhere>/detail to see the status. It requires some navigating around, though. There's a post in one of the forums somewhere that has directions...I will see if I can find it. Or you can PM me your VIN and I can try to look it up for you.

EDIT: The instructions are in the 2nd post here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...scussions.html
The following users liked this post:
timdakao (05-13-22)
Old 05-13-22 | 08:31 PM
timdakao
Driver

I used https://guest.dealer.toyota.com/v-spec/<yourVINhere>/detail to see the status. It requires some navigating around, though. There's a post in one of the forums somewhere that has directions...I will see if I can find it. Or you can PM me your VIN and I can try to look it up for you.

EDIT: The instructions are in the 2nd post here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...scussions.html
Thanks for the info! Damn it's still in A-status unfortunately . Guess i'll just have to keep waiting for now...

edit: I still have the vin# from a car a different dealer in Norcal sent me a spec sheet for when I was shopping around. That one had its monroney sticker generated on 5/10 and it's already in F-status so I guess once the sticker is generated I won't have to wait long for the car at that point (hopefully)
also people on the forum use the sticker to estimate arrival time since apparently it's one of the last steps of processing the cars go through at the ports before they get loaded onto trucks or trains

Last edited by timdakao; 05-13-22 at 08:40 PM.
Old 05-13-22 | 08:55 PM
450hinLA
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by timdakao
Thanks for the info! Damn it's still in A-status unfortunately . Guess i'll just have to keep waiting for now...

edit: I still have the vin# from a car a different dealer in Norcal sent me a spec sheet for when I was shopping around. That one had its monroney sticker generated on 5/10 and it's already in F-status so I guess once the sticker is generated I won't have to wait long for the car at that point (hopefully)
also people on the forum use the sticker to estimate arrival time since apparently it's one of the last steps of processing the cars go through at the ports before they get loaded onto trucks or trains
My car went from A to G. It skipped F altogether! Hope yours shows up soon.
The following 2 users liked this post by 450hinLA:
Nx350fspt (06-01-22), timdakao (05-13-22)
Old 05-16-22 | 10:13 AM
bajracht
2nd gear

Looks like Lexus Longo has one available online purchase.

2022 NX 450h+ F-SPORT AWD

https://express.longolexus.com/express/JTJKKCFZ8N2004705?deal_type=finance&deal_down=5000&deal_months=60
Old 06-20-22 | 04:12 PM
redhot47fl
Intermediate

[QUOTE=450hinLA;11283505]Thanks! I got white with black interior, luxury package. I passed on quite a few with red/rose interiors. I know that many people prefer it, but it just wasn't for me. I guess that's why they make lots of different options :-)[/QUOTE

Hi. I'm been offered a good deal on a white/black incoming fully loaded 2022 NX350 Luxury. Normally, I wouldn't consider that color combination, but one can't be too choosy these days so...how do you like it? Does it "work?" How black is the black interior (the sales guy is telling me it's more like very dark gray) and the online images don't help very much. Any assistance greatly appreciated as I have very little time to pull the trigger on this.
Old 06-20-22 | 04:25 PM
timdakao
Driver

[QUOTE=redhot47fl;11312421]
Thanks! I got white with black interior, luxury package. I passed on quite a few with red/rose interiors. I know that many people prefer it, but it just wasn't for me. I guess that's why they make lots of different options :-)[/QUOTE

Hi. I'm been offered a good deal on a white/black incoming fully loaded 2022 NX350 Luxury. Normally, I wouldn't consider that color combination, but one can't be too choosy these days so...how do you like it? Does it "work?" How black is the black interior (the sales guy is telling me it's more like very dark gray) and the online images don't help very much. Any assistance greatly appreciated as I have very little time to pull the trigger on this.
I have and F-sport black interior so the trim is aluminum instead of wood, but other than that it should be the same. I originally wanted the cream/black interior in a luxury model I had reserved, but I went with an F-sport that was available sooner. The black interior has actually grown on me quite a bit and I'm actually glad I didn't get the cream interior since I have a dog. It's definitely not a "dark grey." If anything it's a slightly light black but it's definitely black. If you're ok with that then it's a really solid interior.
The following 2 users liked this post by timdakao:
lulu45 (06-20-22), redhot47fl (06-20-22)
Old 06-20-22 | 04:47 PM
450hinLA
Pit Crew

[QUOTE=redhot47fl;11312421]
Thanks! I got white with black interior, luxury package. I passed on quite a few with red/rose interiors. I know that many people prefer it, but it just wasn't for me. I guess that's why they make lots of different options :-)[/QUOTE

I agree with @timdakao that it's more like a light black rather than a dark grey. I tried to take some photos, but I'm not a good photographer...so I don't think they will help much.

See how the black floor mat looks darker than the seat?

This is the black wood that's in the luxury package. The wood is definitely darker than the door, but hard to see here.

I have the 450h+, so I'm not sure how it would compare to the one you are looking at. For me, I love driving in fully EV mode...lots of pep and energy. But when I'm in Hybrid mode, it's more sluggish. The wireless phone charger doesn't work with the iPhone 13. The driver's side mirror is a little bit shaky. I've had the car unexpectedly brake on me because it thinks I'm too close to an object (and yet I'm not). Every once in a while, the phone does not connect wirelessly. I know that sounds like a lot, but I really do like the car other than these issues. I really love never having to put gas in the car, which is one of the main reasons I bought it. But again, I realize that you are looking at a different model. If I were getting a gas car, I don't think it would be my 1st choice...but again, that's just me.
redhot47fl (06-20-22)
Old 06-20-22 | 05:23 PM
redhot47fl
Intermediate

Folks, thank you very much for the swift responses. I am very grateful, especially given the reality that color preferences are so personal.

Needless to say, it's just a crazy system now. I trade cars WAY too often, and I'm in my 70s, and I've never experienced anything remotely like this: No way to see one, must less drive one, before you commit to one (though I will have the option of backing out after it arrives in late July)

Another major issue for me: The driving dynamics of the straight 350. All of the reviewers seems to have tested the 450H.

My wife's '21 RX350 is a fine automobile, but a bit too "floaty" for me. I'm hoping that the NX350 has tighter, firmer, (dare I say it) somewhat sportier steering and road feel.

Again, not easy to determine these days. That said, I think I'll pull the trigger tomorrow, with the option to back out upon its arrival.

Old 06-20-22 | 05:30 PM
450hinLA
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by redhot47fl
Folks, thank you very much for the swift responses. I am very grateful, especially given the reality that color preferences are so personal.

Needless to say, it's just a crazy system now. I trade cars WAY too often, and I'm in my 70s, and I've never experienced anything remotely like this: No way to see one, must less drive one, before you commit to one (though I will have the option of backing out after it arrives in late July)

Another major issue for me: The driving dynamics of the straight 350. All of the reviewers seems to have tested the 450H.

My wife's '21 RX350 is a fine automobile, but a bit too "floaty" for me. I'm hoping that the NX350 has tighter, firmer, (dare I say it) somewhat sportier steering and road feel.

Again, not easy to determine these days. That said, I think I'll pull the trigger tomorrow, with the option to back out upon its arrival.
I wouldn't buy it without driving it first, but it sounds like you could do that when the car arrives in July. I am used to mostly BMWs (and one recent Volvo), and I totally understand what you are saying about it being too "floaty". I had a loaner 2020 NX 300 (I think 300 is right, but not positive) for 3 weeks, and couldn't stand it. I literally preferred my husband's Nissan Leaf, and left the NX in the garage the whole time. No way I would have purchased that car. If I didn't get the 450h+, then I think my other choice would have been a new X3. But I really wanted the plug in, and love both driving in EV mode and never getting gas (close to $7/gallon here in Los Angeles).
redhot47fl (06-20-22)
Old 06-20-22 | 06:36 PM
mbezzo
Pit Crew

Been in many RX's and older Lexus' in general and I'd say they "nailed it" with the 2022 NX's as far as the balance between compliant and sporty goes. These are much less floaty and feel really nice. I think you'll find it a great balance between that nice and smooth for everyday driving - yet still puts a smile on your face when ya toss it into a corner mix. Honestly, it's impressive. We do have the 450h+ F sport but I'm quite confident the "normal" driving modes are pretty similar to the 350's - only differing in the sport+ modes with the adaptable suspension where it stiffens up a bit.

Last edited by mbezzo; 06-21-22 at 10:01 AM.
redhot47fl (06-20-22)
Old 06-20-22 | 06:49 PM
redhot47fl
Intermediate

Perfect! Many thanks.
Old 07-09-22 | 10:36 AM
LSantana95
9th Gear

Just signed an agreement for a 450H+ with Lexus of Cerritos and would like to share my experience. I will start of by saying that i did have to pay over MSRP but with the nationwide searching I've been doing last 2 weeks i was not able to find anyone who either wasn't charging over msrp or was willing to ship out of state.
I was going in with a trade-in of a 2020 Ram 1500 Limited Diesel. After finding this post i decided to reach out to Lexus of Cerritos and they were quoting me an out the door price of around 74K, which i quickly said hell no. The salesman i was working with, Luis was really helpful so that def helped out with my final decision, they were also giving me the most for my trade in, around 52K. I decided to call some out of state dealers, since I'm eligible for out of state tax exempt(I'm active duty Florida resident stationed in California) and most of the out of state guys were not willing to ship, didn't currently have any or weren't sure when they'll get anymore allocations, so back to calling around California. I was able to find a dealer in san Diego who wasn't charging an absurd upcharge, the dealership was Lexus of Escondido. Escondido quoted me an out the door price of just under 70.5K with 49K for my trade-in but i had to put a 2k deposit to get on their waiting list, but since I was pretty much open to what vehicle, except black, they said i had a good chance on getting one immediately. So i went ahead and put the 2k down to get on the list but was still working with the salesman to get a bit more on my trade-in. At this point i decided to call Cerritos and see if they can beat or match Escondido since the salesman Luis was really helpful with our initial convo. He spoke to his GM and came back with an out the door price of just over 70K, but I had to drive up to the dealership ASAP to sign the agreement paper work. I was able to get their last allocation for a cloudburst grey with the rioja red interior in the luxury trim. The vehicle has been built and waiting to be shipped and was told it should be here mid Aug maybe sooner.

Over all I'm not too thrilled i paid a cent over MSRP, granted it was around 2100 over, but this seems to be the norm nowadays. We were also considering the Volvo XC60 plug-in and those are just as hard to find BUT not many dealers are marking them up, but it was a more expensive vehicle.
Old 07-09-22 | 03:23 PM
450hinLA
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by LSantana95
Just signed an agreement for a 450H+ with Lexus of Cerritos and would like to share my experience. I will start of by saying that i did have to pay over MSRP but with the nationwide searching I've been doing last 2 weeks i was not able to find anyone who either wasn't charging over msrp or was willing to ship out of state.
I was going in with a trade-in of a 2020 Ram 1500 Limited Diesel. After finding this post i decided to reach out to Lexus of Cerritos and they were quoting me an out the door price of around 74K, which i quickly said hell no. The salesman i was working with, Luis was really helpful so that def helped out with my final decision, they were also giving me the most for my trade in, around 52K. I decided to call some out of state dealers, since I'm eligible for out of state tax exempt(I'm active duty Florida resident stationed in California) and most of the out of state guys were not willing to ship, didn't currently have any or weren't sure when they'll get anymore allocations, so back to calling around California. I was able to find a dealer in san Diego who wasn't charging an absurd upcharge, the dealership was Lexus of Escondido. Escondido quoted me an out the door price of just under 70.5K with 49K for my trade-in but i had to put a 2k deposit to get on their waiting list, but since I was pretty much open to what vehicle, except black, they said i had a good chance on getting one immediately. So i went ahead and put the 2k down to get on the list but was still working with the salesman to get a bit more on my trade-in. At this point i decided to call Cerritos and see if they can beat or match Escondido since the salesman Luis was really helpful with our initial convo. He spoke to his GM and came back with an out the door price of just over 70K, but I had to drive up to the dealership ASAP to sign the agreement paper work. I was able to get their last allocation for a cloudburst grey with the rioja red interior in the luxury trim. The vehicle has been built and waiting to be shipped and was told it should be here mid Aug maybe sooner.

Over all I'm not too thrilled i paid a cent over MSRP, granted it was around 2100 over, but this seems to be the norm nowadays. We were also considering the Volvo XC60 plug-in and those are just as hard to find BUT not many dealers are marking them up, but it was a more expensive vehicle.
Hope you have a better experience with Cerritos than I did. I paid MSRP, but others have reported that Cerritos has changed their pricing since I made my deal back in March. But pricing wasn't the issue for me -- it was the purchase experience that was the problem. It took hours to do the paperwork because the finance department was under staffed. The salesperson didn't do any kind of walk through when I picked up the car. She was too busy with another customer (even though I had an appointment), and the little bit that she did "help" with was incorrect (she had me download the Lexus Enform app, which is obsolete). The car was not detailed properly, and there were several pieces of plastic & elastic that I kept finding as I spent more time in my car. They also switched my financing without telling me...I literally didn't know that they had done this until over a month later when I got a bill from Lexus financial. The sales manager seemed concerned when I spoke with him about all of the issues, but he then made promises that he didn't keep (e.g. that he was going to get the car detailed for me). I've worked with lots of different BMW dealers over the years, and a Volvo dealer as well. All of these experiences were head and shoulders above Lexus of Cerritos, which was truly awful. I hope you have a better experience than I did.
Old 07-09-22 | 03:46 PM
LSantana95
9th Gear

Yea the switching of the financing kinda scares me. I was approved via my bank(navy fed) but they still insisted I fill out one of their finance applications, which I did, we'll just have to wait and see what happens. I was very specific with the salesman and told him NOT to detail the car when it gets in, to which he laughed and replied "you want me to leave the plastic film on it too" and told him YES. Im going to do a full detail and coating when i get it home. With all the BS dealer and state fees, tax and title the car was at around 68.1K and after their "dealer installed options" i was at just over 70.1K. I dont think that was too bad considering there were other dealers chargilng 5-15K. We'll see how the rest of the process goes with them since i was told i'll have to go back least 2 more times.

Right now i'm waiting for the salesman to call me back since i noticed one of the "dealer installed options" is a $1200 door protection package which i noticed is a factory installed option that i'm already paying for of $95 dollars.

Hope you have a better experience with Cerritos than I did. I paid MSRP, but others have reported that Cerritos has changed their pricing since I made my deal back in March. But pricing wasn't the issue for me -- it was the purchase experience that was the problem. It took hours to do the paperwork because the finance department was under staffed. The salesperson didn't do any kind of walk through when I picked up the car. She was too busy with another customer (even though I had an appointment), and the little bit that she did "help" with was incorrect (she had me download the Lexus Enform app, which is obsolete). The car was not detailed properly, and there were several pieces of plastic & elastic that I kept finding as I spent more time in my car. They also switched my financing without telling me...I literally didn't know that they had done this until over a month later when I got a bill from Lexus financial. The sales manager seemed concerned when I spoke with him about all of the issues, but he then made promises that he didn't keep (e.g. that he was going to get the car detailed for me). I've worked with lots of different BMW dealers over the years, and a Volvo dealer as well. All of these experiences were head and shoulders above Lexus of Cerritos, which was truly awful. I hope you have a better experience than I did.

Quick Reply: Trying to buy a NX450h+ in WA