NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Trying to buy a NX450h+ in WA

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-22, 03:59 PM
450hinLA
Pit Crew

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by LSantana95
Yea the switching of the financing kinda scares me. I was approved via my bank(navy fed) but they still insisted I fill out one of their finance applications, which I did, we'll just have to wait and see what happens. I was very specific with the salesman and told him NOT to detail the car when it gets in, to which he laughed and replied "you want me to leave the plastic film on it too" and told him YES. Im going to do a full detail and coating when i get it home. With all the BS dealer and state fees, tax and title the car was at around 68.1K and after their "dealer installed options" i was at just over 70.1K. I dont think that was too bad considering there were other dealers chargilng 5-15K. We'll see how the rest of the process goes with them since i was told i'll have to go back least 2 more times.

Right now i'm waiting for the salesman to call me back since i noticed one of the "dealer installed options" is a $1200 door protection package which i noticed is a factory installed option that i'm already paying for of $95 dollars.
I was very specific about my financing. They knew that I wanted to use my bank, but required that I fill out the Lexus credit app anyway. They did this once when I reserved the car, and they ran my credit a second time when I came back to make the purchase. So they ran the credit twice even though I told them that I did NOT want to use their financing. When we met with the finance person, he confirmed that he would use the loan I had already gotten approved by my bank. And then a month later, I got a bill from Lexus Financial. I called my bank to find out what happened, and they said the loan I was approved for was never accessed by the dealership.

Oh, I also forgot to mention that they never gave me copies of my paperwork. I signed everything about a week before the car actually arrived, and the finance person said that I would get my copies of the paperwork when I took delivery of the vehicle. But on that day, the finance guy wasn't there and the salesperson had no idea where the paperwork was. I had to make several calls to the dealership to get them to send me the paperwork.

I also paid $95 for Door Edge Film that was installed at the port. My car is the Luxury model, and was $61,330 plus tax/fees, so $68k out the door (no dealer options).
Old 07-09-22, 04:08 PM
LSantana95
9th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when i was there last night i called my bank to get approved(which i was) and now all i have to do is pick up the check and have to ready to take it up there when they give me the call, along with my trade. not sure if they ran my credit or if they're just waiting for when i show up the second time, but i'll keep an eye out for that, thanks for the heads up. I just got off the phone with my sales person and they realized the car already has the door protection option on it so they're going to let me pick another option once i return to take care of the financing. I cant wait to see what 1295 worth of dealer options will get me, lol.

Originally Posted by 450hinLA
I was very specific about my financing. They knew that I wanted to use my bank, but required that I fill out the Lexus credit app anyway. They did this once when I reserved the car, and they ran my credit a second time when I came back to make the purchase. So they ran the credit twice even though I told them that I did NOT want to use their financing. When we met with the finance person, he confirmed that he would use the loan I had already gotten approved by my bank. And then a month later, I got a bill from Lexus Financial. I called my bank to find out what happened, and they said the loan I was approved for was never accessed by the dealership.

Oh, I also forgot to mention that they never gave me copies of my paperwork. I signed everything about a week before the car actually arrived, and the finance person said that I would get my copies of the paperwork when I took delivery of the vehicle. But on that day, the finance guy wasn't there and the salesperson had no idea where the paperwork was. I had to make several calls to the dealership to get them to send me the paperwork.

I also paid $95 for Door Edge Film that was installed at the port. My car is the Luxury model, and was $61,330 plus tax/fees, so $68k out the door (no dealer options).
Old 07-09-22, 04:13 PM
450hinLA
Pit Crew

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by LSantana95
I cant wait to see what 1295 worth of dealer options will get me, lol.
Ha ha! I can only imagine. I hope you find something that you like, and good luck with the whole process.
Old 07-09-22, 10:34 PM
timdakao
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 450hinLA

To be fair my dealer at Glendale also ran a credit check for me and offered me a rate through Lexus financial that was substantially higher than what my credit union offered me. He told me it was just in case I couldn't get the money from the credit union but when I insisted on using my credit union they wrote down the confirmed rate I had from the credit union and told me I had 5 days to get them the amount of money I was financing (I got it to them before the end of the day lol). I've been paying through the credit union and haven't had any issues. Sounds like it's a pretty standard practice to have their financing as a backup in case the customer doesn't secure financing on time but to actually swap the financing source is pretty shady. I also got both hard copies and pdf's of my paperwork emailed to me so that's another strike against Cerritos...
Old 08-22-22, 11:13 AM
wattyb2
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

If anyone is interested, traded up to a full EV and let a dealer have my NX450h+. If you're in WA and want to reach out to them, feel free to send me a PM for details.

Edit: Sold!

Last edited by wattyb2; 08-23-22 at 07:37 AM.
The following users liked this post:
scooky (08-22-22)
Old 08-22-22, 02:58 PM
scooky
Pit Crew

Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts

It's sold.
Happy wife...
Thanks wattyb2

Last edited by scooky; 08-22-22 at 03:25 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by scooky:
Utopiag (08-22-22), wattyb2 (08-23-22)
Old 09-12-22, 12:12 PM
DrTXI
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just bought mine in the L.A area, dealership wanted $10K over MSRP,. after haggling, came down to $3000 over MSRP. they added a paint/interior package in though for free
Old 09-12-22, 12:14 PM
DrTXI
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I paid $3000 over MSRP L.A Beverly Hills dealership
Old 09-12-22, 03:21 PM
chuuck1e
Pit Crew

Received 96 Likes on 57 Posts

Since the NX 450h+ is no longer eligible for a $7,500 tax credit, I suspect demand will drop. I believe the 350h is now a much better deal.