NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Trying to buy a NX450h+ in WA

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-22, 03:18 PM
KuyaPatz
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Trying to buy a NX450h+ in WA

I live in Washington State where it seems like the dealerships here are not going to be allocated any of the h+'s and they cannot order or have any to sell.

Portland is about to order some but they have to sell to their primary for priority first.

Anyone else in the same boat?
Old 04-02-22, 04:26 AM
Lurker9
Pole Position

Received 99 Likes on 41 Posts

I can't speak for WA since I am in Canada. However, the 450 is going to be hard to get regardless of where you are because Lexus doesn't make many.
Toyota dealerships in Toronto stopped taking orders for the RAV4 Prime and the wait for existing ones are 2 years or more. I think the 450 will have a shorter wait time because it's more expensive.
Old 04-02-22, 08:43 AM
twitte
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 23 Posts

I live in Southern California and it appears that some dealers down here may have the NX 450h+ cars (check cars.com and autotrader). I had my name on a waiting list for 6 months and gave up and started searching/calling dealerships. I found a car that was being off loaded from the ship and grabbed it. I got exactly what I wanted but paid way over MSRP for it. The dealer started jacking the price up at the last minute because there were 2 other customers in the dealership that wanted to buy the same car. Bottom line: Look outside your state toward California since California seems to be getting a fair share of these cars.
Old 04-02-22, 01:46 PM
KnowThySlf
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I spoke to the salesman in SoCal. He claims there's a 200 person waiting list for this model. It'll take one to two years for get though this list. Unbelievable. Looks like this year is out.
Old 04-02-22, 10:05 PM
KuyaPatz
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by twitte
I live in Southern California and it appears that some dealers down here may have the NX 450h+ cars (check cars.com and autotrader). I had my name on a waiting list for 6 months and gave up and started searching/calling dealerships. I found a car that was being off loaded from the ship and grabbed it. I got exactly what I wanted but paid way over MSRP for it. The dealer started jacking the price up at the last minute because there were 2 other customers in the dealership that wanted to buy the same car. Bottom line: Look outside your state toward California since California seems to be getting a fair share of these cars.

interesting. How did you catch it off loaded?
Old 04-04-22, 01:32 PM
twitte
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by KuyaPatz
interesting. How did you catch it off loaded?
I kept calling all the dealers I could find within a certain radius of my house and told them what I was looking for. One salesman saw my inquiry and called me back to tell me what inventory they had coming off the boat in Long Beach in the next week or two. Evidently this dealer had not accepted any customers on a wait list like some of the other dealerships. I went in and starting discussing the details on the car. He called me the day it arrived and said I better get down to the dealership asap because other possible buyers were also being called. I was at his dealership in 30 minutes, looked at the car for about a minute and said write up the deal. You just have to keep calling around and asking what is coming in. Even though I was number one on a waiting list at another Lexus dealer and number three at yet another dealer it didn't do me any good because they didn't have any cars coming in (showing up on the ship inventory) that I wanted.
Old 04-23-22, 12:36 PM
mbezzo
Pit Crew

Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts

We've been trying to buy for months looking in Oregon and California. Ended up finding one in LA, flew down and drove it up. It's been a PITA, but at least we got one... As twitte, said the ONLY reason we got it is because we literally called at the exact right time (I think we'd looked at nearly 20 dealers by the time we had found one that evening in early April!). We had called about the ones they had listed on their website, but those were ALL already sold - the one we got wasn't on the site yet and had JUST become available. Just keep checking and calling... it's the only way right now and it's not fun and you're almost certainly going to overpay. Yay. What a time to be alive...

here she is 1100 miles and nearly 20 hours of driving later...

Last edited by mbezzo; 04-23-22 at 02:02 PM. Reason: added pic
The following users liked this post:
NavySubs (05-05-22)
Old 04-23-22, 01:22 PM
scooky
Pit Crew

Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts

I investigated a while back Rav4 Prime and NX 450h+. Local dealers in western Washington were suggesting I contact dealers in OR, CA zev states. Said they weren't expecting to receive any for a long while.
We called OR and got on some lists, but finally decided on a 350h which we waitlisted for.
Old 04-29-22, 07:15 AM
LEXLEE
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by twitte
May I ask how much more you paid over MSRP? I am in SoCal and the dealers are asking 10k over MSRP and was wondering if how much you paid for your NX 450h+. Thanks!
Old 04-29-22, 07:29 AM
Wetanner
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live close to the Oregon Idaho border, for my RX 450h f sport I paid sticker less a set of locking lug nuts.
Old 04-29-22, 09:46 AM
450hinLA
Pit Crew

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by LEXLEE
May I ask how much more you paid over MSRP? I am in SoCal and the dealers are asking 10k over MSRP and was wondering if how much you paid for your NX 450h+. Thanks!
I'm in SoCal and paid MSRP. The only dealers I found at MSRP were Longo (hundreds of people on the waiting list, so the tax incentives would be gone by the time you would be able to get a car from them) and Lexus of Cerritos. Lexus of Thousand Oaks also told me MSRP, but then they said they add a paint package or some other add on...I don't remember exactly what it was, but I think it was only around $695 which wouldn't be too bad.
Old 04-29-22, 03:36 PM
LEXLEE
Rookie

Originally Posted by 450hinLA
I'm in SoCal and paid MSRP. The only dealers I found at MSRP were Longo (hundreds of people on the waiting list, so the tax incentives would be gone by the time you would be able to get a car from them) and Lexus of Cerritos. Lexus of Thousand Oaks also told me MSRP, but then they said they add a paint package or some other add on...I don't remember exactly what it was, but I think it was only around $695 which wouldn't be too bad.
Thank you for your reply. I just bought the 450h+ this morning. I usually do not make a bad financial purchase like this one , but I needed a car now and it would be the same if I waited and lose the $7500 credit.
Old 04-29-22, 04:10 PM
450hinLA
Pit Crew

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by LEXLEE
Thank you for your reply. I just bought the 450h+ this morning. I usually do not make a bad financial purchase like this one , but I needed a car now and it would be the same if I waited and lose the $7500 credit.
Congratulations on the new car! What color and model did you get? How do you like it so far? I hope you didn't pay too much over MSRP
Old 04-30-22, 12:20 PM
LEXLEE
Rookie

Originally Posted by 450hinLA
Congratulations on the new car! What color and model did you get? How do you like it so far? I hope you didn't pay too much over MSRP
Thanks! I got the F-sport ultra white with black interior. It's for my wife and she likes it.
The following users liked this post:
vraa (05-01-22)
Old 05-04-22, 04:16 PM
ThetaErnr
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in So Cal and would like to get a NX 450h+ at MSRP before the tax rebate runs out. No preference on color. Longo Lexus told me that their wait list is 1 year long. Did anyone else have any luck with any other dealerships?

Anyone has any idea in terms of when the tax rebate is expected to run out for Lexus?

Quick Reply: Trying to buy a NX450h+ in WA