NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Am I the only one without new software update?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-22, 10:07 AM
Pharbor
Pit Crew

Received 58 Likes on 31 Posts

The solution is clear - just speak in English.

I am truly being cheeky - I have written code for many years and additional languages was always a challenge. Once a Brazilian user of our software told me what the translation of a prompt actually meant and I laughed. Needless to say it was not what we intended and was fixed in the next version.
Old 04-08-22, 10:07 AM
Pharbor
Pit Crew

Received 58 Likes on 31 Posts

I got the update after connecting to WIFI finally today. So far profiles are more stable.
The following users liked this post:
Lexus22563 (04-09-22)
Old 04-08-22, 10:19 AM
NiCoRe
Driver

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Pharbor
The solution is clear - just speak in English.

I am truly being cheeky - I have written code for many years and additional languages was always a challenge. Once a Brazilian user of our software told me what the translation of a prompt actually meant and I laughed. Needless to say it was not what we intended and was fixed in the next version.

Well, that's not to much of an issue for me, and you can easily have your menus and interface in french.

Seems to me, unless there's a setting to use Hey Lexus voice command in a different langage that Lexus software guys missed the point
Old 04-08-22, 10:22 AM
ct6978
Intermediate

Received 171 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by NiCoRe
Over here (France), the update has two very unpleasant side effects :
  1. It seems it erases every personal setup and sats langage to English
  2. The Hey Lexus voice command is "lost in translation".For example it turns off external cameras when you ask her to access parameters...
Needless to say Lexus NX owners over here are now waiting for the next update...
(Me, I 'm still waiting for my car...250+ days and counting)
They didn't completely ignore France with this update, there were a few 'fixes' in theory:
  • Some items are displayed in English instead of the system selected language (other than English).
  • Intermittent Spanish displayed when selected language is French, or vice versa.
  • Abnormal French voice recognition operation.
I finally got my update, immediately thereafter upon startup my phone didn't connect (seen this before, nothing you can do on the phone or the car to connect, reboot needed) and then yesterday started getting the 'Enter your PIN' pop-up regularly while in the middle of driving...and having already been recognized by the car...and the car showing me as the 'Driver'. This one is particularly annoying, but per my dealer, others have seen it before the patch, so not included. If you enter your PIN it gives you the Network not available error.

FYI - As soon as the patch became available, I checked the Lexus website and it also allowed me to download the update, so that site seems to be working for downloads. I used WiFi instead, but the download options might be good to have for a future update. They're rolling this out by VIN, hopefully they go quicker in the future.

Also, supposedly another patch coming in the 'near' future.

The following 2 users liked this post by ct6978:
lsft (04-08-22), NiCoRe (04-08-22)
Old 04-09-22, 11:10 AM
PathofSam
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got the update on my 350h here in Canada. All I had to do was connect to WiFi and then wait about 2 minutes for the "update available" message to appear. Haven't driven it since it's updated, but hopefully the profile recognition issues are resolved for me.
Old 04-10-22, 06:58 PM
DDGNX
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Updating software at dealer

Originally Posted by nx450hfspt
My NX still says no software update available. Lexus app says so too. Am I the only one left?
Just purchased the NX 350h - dealer won't let me take it until they update the software. You may want to reach out to your dealer.
Old 04-11-22, 03:27 AM
Lexus22563
Pit Crew

Received 89 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by PathofSam
Just got the update on my 350h here in Canada. All I had to do was connect to WiFi and then wait about 2 minutes for the "update available" message to appear. Haven't driven it since it's updated, but hopefully the profile recognition issues are resolved for me.
profile issue was resolved for me after the update
lsft (04-11-22)
Old 04-11-22, 09:47 PM
PathofSam
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PathofSam
UPDATE: After updating, it seems that my profile loads up properly each time I start the vehicle. However, it does not connect to my phone and does not launch Apple Carplay. If I try connecting to my phone in the devices menu, nothing happens. I've tried completely removing my phone from and setting it all up again, but the problem persists. Anyone else experience something like this?
Old 05-28-24, 11:17 PM
CindyZ
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Software update

Originally Posted by nx450hfspt
My NX still says no software update available. Lexus app says so too. Am I the only one left?
No m’dear. I live in Washington State and I don’t have it. I should mention my Lexus thinks it still lives in Canadian. US Lexus dealers didn’t even show up when I did a search for a dealer in my app. I’ll probably get mine the same time you get yours.
Old 05-30-24, 04:53 AM
NSXT
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I have a 2024 NX450h+ from May 2023 still on the 2031 version.

I checked with the service department last week and they said it has to come from OTA.. It is in the queue somewhere.. hurry up and wait
Old 05-30-24, 08:40 AM
lsft
Racer

Received 577 Likes on 385 Posts

Originally Posted by NSXT
I have a 2024 NX450h+ from May 2023 still on the 2031 version.

I checked with the service department last week and they said it has to come from OTA.. It is in the queue somewhere.. hurry up and wait
Have you tried updating via the USB method?
Old 05-31-24, 03:55 AM
NSXT
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by lsft
Have you tried updating via the USB method?
I haven't but they said any 2022+ can't be forced manually. My previous NX300h OTA worked fine a few times.
Old 05-31-24, 11:06 AM
lsft
Racer

Originally Posted by NSXT
I haven't but they said any 2022+ can't be forced manually. My previous NX300h OTA worked fine a few times.
It can be forced. You take a USB and plug it into the USB A port. Go to the check updates screen and you will see a button to save a json file to the USB. You take that and go to the lexus website and upload that json file. It will tell you if you have an update and if there is you can download the file and then save it to the USB and then you can update it via USB. If your car is from Canada, you should try the Canada site.
Old 05-31-24, 06:01 PM
gamma742
Intermediate

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by lsft
It can be forced. You take a USB and plug it into the USB A port. Go to the check updates screen and you will see a button to save a json file to the USB. You take that and go to the lexus website and upload that json file. It will tell you if you have an update and if there is you can download the file and then save it to the USB and then you can update it via USB. If your car is from Canada, you should try the Canada site.
Do you have a YouTube video on this process lsft?
Old 06-01-24, 04:51 AM
lsft
Racer

Originally Posted by gamma742
Do you have a YouTube video on this process lsft?
I don't... but let me work on one. I did see that 2170 update is available, but I haven't seen in over the air as well.
gamma742 (06-03-24)

Quick Reply: Am I the only one without new software update?