NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Power rear door kick sensor close and lock

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-22 | 06:53 PM
riceman4k
Driver School Candidate

Default Power rear door kick sensor close and lock

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to figure out how to get the power rear door to close and lock when being closed by the kick sensor. I know there's a "close and walk away" function but I've never gotten it to work. Anyone have any luck on getting this to work? Or maybe there's a setting I haven't set up correctly? I've tried leaving the front doors locked and unlocked, but each time I use the kick sensor to close the rear door, the car never locks. The only way to lock is to use the button on the right side of the rear door to close and lock.
Old 04-05-22 | 08:02 PM
ct6978
Intermediate

Originally Posted by riceman4k
Hi everyone,

I've been trying to figure out how to get the power rear door to close and lock when being closed by the kick sensor. I know there's a "close and walk away" function but I've never gotten it to work. Anyone have any luck on getting this to work? Or maybe there's a setting I haven't set up correctly? I've tried leaving the front doors locked and unlocked, but each time I use the kick sensor to close the rear door, the car never locks. The only way to lock is to use the button on the right side of the rear door to close and lock.
You need to have your dealer change one of the Lexus Personalized Settings (LPS) for this. The setting is defaulted to 'Off' and the car will not lock with the kick sensor, just close......but the dealer can change that. Check page 769 of the manual (450h+ manual, may be a different page on another model) and search for 'Hands free close & lock (walk away)' for how it works.
Old 04-06-22 | 07:37 AM
riceman4k
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ct6978
You need to have your dealer change one of the Lexus Personalized Settings (LPS) for this. The setting is defaulted to 'Off' and the car will not lock with the kick sensor, just close......but the dealer can change that. Check page 769 of the manual (450h+ manual, may be a different page on another model) and search for 'Hands free close & lock (walk away)' for how it works.
Oh perfect, that's exactly what I'm looking for. I will let me dealer turn this feature on. Cheers!
Old 04-07-22 | 01:37 PM
BC310
Driver

Originally Posted by riceman4k
Oh perfect, that's exactly what I'm looking for. I will let me dealer turn this feature on. Cheers!
I would add that you might want to check out the other customizable settings in the same section of the manual that can only be changed by the dealer, and have it done all at once.
Old 04-08-22 | 09:33 PM
DampDuffer
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BC310
I would add that you might want to check out the other customizable settings in the same section of the manual that can only be changed by the dealer, and have it done all at once.
For those of us who don't yet have the car or manual, can someone list the potential dealer-only changes?

We did this during the early days of the NX and found it to be quite useful during our first "free" visit to the dealer after our new car purchase.

The only one I can recall from "back in the day" was changing my lane change turn signal from the factory set 3-seconds to 5-seconds.
Old 04-08-22 | 10:01 PM
ct6978
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DampDuffer
For those of us who don't yet have the car or manual, can someone list the potential dealer-only changes?

We did this during the early days of the NX and found it to be quite useful during our first "free" visit to the dealer after our new car purchase.

The only one I can recall from "back in the day" was changing my lane change turn signal from the factory set 3-seconds to 5-seconds.
Normally you can always get the manual from Lexus' website, no actual car or sign-in needed, but I just checked and the site seems to be having a problem for the 450h right now:

https://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrive...nuals-warranty

I've attached the LPS pages for the 450h, February's version of the manual. There's also normally a more owner friendly version of the settings you can take in to your dealer with you, but looks like it isn't ready for the 450h, I get an error "We're sorry, the Lexus Personalized Settings document is unavailable for this model year." Per my dealer, they're still working on the document, here's a sample for another car:

https://drivers.lexus.com/content/da...20Form%20t.pdf
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
LPS for 450h+.pdf (201.3 KB, 79 views)

Last edited by ct6978; 04-08-22 at 10:15 PM.
Old 04-09-22 | 02:50 PM
Earman
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by ct6978
Or you could use Carista app with an OBD2 connector and do it yourself. In Canada, dealers charge for adjusting those hidden settings. I believe they do it once for free and then you have to pay...

Here is the list from Carista from my NX450h+ (Canadian version) pertaining to the trunk (Default value is surrounded by * --> *Default*):

Trunk:

Rear hatch open assistance
*ON* / OFF

Rear hatch close assistance
*ENABLED* / DISABLED

Rear hatch walk away and close
*ENABLED* / DISABLED

Rear hatch walk away kick sensor
ENABLED / *DISABLED*

Open trunk lid with remote
DISABLED / SINGLE CLICK / DOUBLE CLICK / *LONG PRESS* / VERY LONG PRESS

Inside and outside unlatch switch mode
BOTH SWITCHES UNLATCH FOR A PERIOD OF TIME / WHEN OPENED WITH INSIDE SWITCH UNLATCHES FOR A PERIOD OF TIME, OUTSIDE SWITCH UNLATCHES UNTIL CLOSED AGAIN / WHEN OPENED WITH OUTSIDE SWITCH UNLATCHES FOR A PERIOD OF TIME, INSIDE SWITCH UNLATCHES UNTIL CLOSED AGAIN / *BOTH SWITCHES UNLATCH UNTIL CLOSED*

Unlock via "One motion"
REAR HATCH ONLY / *ALL DOORS*

Trunk kick sensor sensitivity
LOW / MEDIUM / *HIGH*

Trunk front seat switch button
SHORT PRESS / *LONG PRESS*

Rear hatch open/close via remote
*ON* / OFF

Rear hatch open/close with "one motion"
*ON* / OFF

Rear hatch remote press
SHORT PRESS / 2 SHORT PRESSES / *LONG PRESS*

Beep while opening/closing power rear hatch
ON / *OFF*
The following 2 users liked this post by Earman:
pstrasma (06-30-23), riceman4k (04-10-22)