Help: Best/most popular FSport NX Color

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-22, 05:20 AM
Nx350fspt
Pit Crew

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Help: Best/most popular FSport NX Color

Hi all:

Just wondering, while I appreciate that favorite color is subjective, and you should always buy what you like, what's your opinion regarding the best and most popular NX 2022 color?

I find that the most popular is white, but that goes for most cars or most LEXUS? Why?

​​​​​​Why is white with red interior the most sought after? Is it the contrast? Clean refreshing? Gets out shows dirty less than dark colors?

Thoughts and input are appreciated!
Old 04-06-22, 07:36 AM
lsft
Racer

Received 610 Likes on 412 Posts

White has always been the most sold color for Lexus. I assume most like the white look?

I picked Cadmium Orange as I wanted something different. My previous NX was the Ultrasonic Blue Mica 2.0 and that would have been my color choice if I hadn't picked the orange. When they are clean, they are the fun colours and the pop. But when they are dirty, all dark colors are dirty. I assume the red interior is more common as it represents sports?
Old 04-06-22, 07:37 AM
zanewyn
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

I guess I fall into your default category. I chose white exterior with red interior. Other brands usually charge a premium for red interior...so that was one of my reasons to try it out
Old 04-06-22, 07:52 AM
Nx350fspt
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by lsft
White has always been the most sold color for Lexus. I assume most like the white look?

I picked Cadmium Orange as I wanted something different. My previous NX was the Ultrasonic Blue Mica 2.0 and that would have been my color choice if I hadn't picked the orange. When they are clean, they are the fun colours and the pop. But when they are dirty, all dark colors are dirty. I assume the red interior is more common as it represents sports?
Nice color I think it's cool. Maybe slight issue with resale value ?
Old 04-06-22, 07:53 AM
Nx350fspt
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by zanewyn
I guess I fall into your default category. I chose white exterior with red interior. Other brands usually charge a premium for red interior...so that was one of my reasons to try it out
Were you ever thinking about Cloudburst gray? Thoughts?
Old 04-06-22, 08:33 AM
lsft
Racer

Possible impact to resale value... but I don't plan to sell this and plan to drive it to the ground.

I've had gray, blue in my previous NXs.
Old 04-06-22, 08:37 AM
Nx350fspt
Pit Crew

Possible impact to resale value... but I don't plan to sell this and plan to drive it to the ground.
Honestly bro, it's one of those cars, I'm talking about the 450h plus that you have, it's one of those cars that I feel like you could drive for literally a decade and feel that you don't need an upgrade. The only thing is that this year no panoramic roof and no more club it's in. If it had those two features as well, that would be pretty awesome, and it could be argued even further that someone can be content for such a long time. Still almost perfect though nonetheless even without those two.

Another thing that I noticed with this vehicle, and some reviewers have mentioned, is bad with the mark levinson, the NX has some rattling. I've noticed extreme rattling on the doors with the Mark levinson. I have not noticed that with the 450h...

Another thing to note is that the panoramic sunroof is additionally $1,600, but it does not give the really wide spacious feel like some of the other manufacturers offer, because it's somewhat narrow and there are those two bar rails on top of the vehicle. Not that we have a choice, but some things to consider. Agreed?
Old 04-06-22, 08:43 AM
lsft
Racer

Originally Posted by Nx350fspt
Honestly bro, it's one of those cars, I'm talking about the 450h plus that you have, it's one of those cars that I feel like you could drive for literally a decade and feel that you don't need an upgrade. The only thing is that this year no panoramic roof and no more club it's in. If it had those two features as well, that would be pretty awesome, and it could be argued even further that someone can be content for such a long time. Still almost perfect though nonetheless even without those two.

Another thing that I noticed with this vehicle, and some reviewers have mentioned, is bad with the mark levinson, the NX has some rattling. I've noticed extreme rattling on the doors with the Mark levinson. I have not noticed that with the 450h...

Another thing to note is that the panoramic sunroof is additionally $1,600, but it does not give the really wide spacious feel like some of the other manufacturers offer, because it's somewhat narrow and there are those two bar rails on top of the vehicle. Not that we have a choice, but some things to consider. Agreed?
Yes - I'm very happy with the vehicle at this time and if I wanted something new .. when Lexus EVs come out, I would replace the CT and keep the 450... since it has 10 years battery warranty anyways.

Old 04-06-22, 08:48 AM
Nx350fspt
Pit Crew

Yes - I'm very happy with the vehicle at this time and if I wanted something new .. when Lexus EVs come out, I would replace the CT and keep the 450... since it has 10 years battery warranty anyways.
Right on. Enjoy 🤙
Old 04-06-22, 09:11 AM
shiftD7
Driver

Received 67 Likes on 31 Posts

I ordered the cloudburst. I thought the promo videos with the color looked great and I generally like my cars to be understated.
Old 04-06-22, 11:16 AM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 154 Posts
Default Always been partial to Blues

I have never really liked White cars. They seem too bland IMO.

I've always been partial to blue. My Dad's LX470 is Blue Vapor Mist, my 2IS is Black Sapphire Pearl (which is actually a really deep, metallic blue) and my preferred NX is Grecian Water.

You can never go wrong with a blue exterior. And taking those panoramic shots just enhances the color and makes it pop!
Old 04-06-22, 11:42 AM
Nx350fspt
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by LStoneX
I have never really liked White cars. They seem too bland IMO.

I've always been partial to blue. My Dad's LX470 is Blue Vapor Mist, my 2IS is Black Sapphire Pearl (which is actually a really deep, metallic blue) and my preferred NX is Grecian Water.

You can never go wrong with a blue exterior. And taking those panoramic shots just enhances the color and makes it pop!
But I think you could go wrong with it if wrong means resale value or the sonic blue or electric blue being a little bit harsher or wild. Honestly the same thing goes with red, although the red is more common. I think people choose the white because it is the safest, does have highest resale value, and is generally most sought after, and I think then comes the gray and then the black or black and then Gray.

I generally don't like white cars either, but I think the F Sport package with the striking contrast and the red interior makes it a little bit more sporty and striking and out there. But the cloudburst is very sleek as well.

The orange and the blue are of course striking as well, but perhaps people would get sick of it faster, potential problems with resale value etc
but 1k or 2k is not a big deal, you have to get what you like I guess
The following users liked this post:
lsft (04-06-22)
Old 04-06-22, 12:01 PM
JBsNX450hF
9th Gear

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I didn't want white because every parking lot is full of white RX's already, and I figure that it will be the same for the NX; however, I think the NX F looks immaculate in the "Ultra White." I went with the "Ultrasonic Blue Mica 2.0," but I think the "Redline" looks good as well. I'm not a fan of gray/silver, but that's simply my preference.
The following 2 users liked this post by JBsNX450hF:
lsft (04-06-22), Nx350fspt (04-06-22)
Old 04-06-22, 12:14 PM
zanewyn
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

Cloudburst grey was my second choice. I would definitely choose red interior with grey exterior. Black or palomino is too bland imo
Old 04-06-22, 01:24 PM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 154 Posts

But I think you could go wrong with it if wrong means resale value or the sonic blue or electric blue being a little bit harsher or wild. Honestly the same thing goes with red, although the red is more common. I think people choose the white because it is the safest, does have highest resale value, and is generally most sought after, and I think then comes the gray and then the black or black and then Gray.

I generally don't like white cars either, but I think the F Sport package with the striking contrast and the red interior makes it a little bit more sporty and striking and out there. But the cloudburst is very sleek as well.

The orange and the blue are of course striking as well, but perhaps people would get sick of it faster, potential problems with resale value etc
but 1k or 2k is not a big deal, you have to get what you like I guess
You're right. People like safe and nothing wrong with that.

I plan to keep this NX for as long as I can. I figured if I'll be stuck in it that long,I might as well be happy in it. If I choose to sell it after 10 or 15 years of faithful service to me, losing a couple of Grand won't Bea big deal.

Important thing is to be happy with whatever you're in.✌🏽😊
The following users liked this post:
lsft (04-06-22)