NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Waze Thru infotainment system

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-22 | 07:40 AM
raviola4
Pit Crew

Default Waze Thru infotainment system

Only had 350h for 1 week. Dealership set up phone etc Thru apple car play.
had first chance to use waze on recent trip. Stereo on, waze came up but unable to hear waze comments. Extremely low and music stays same volume.
previous vehicle it would mute music and directions came thru loud and clear.
Any thoughts?
Old 04-09-22 | 02:21 PM
Earman
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by raviola4
Only had 350h for 1 week. Dealership set up phone etc Thru apple car play.
had first chance to use waze on recent trip. Stereo on, waze came up but unable to hear waze comments. Extremely low and music stays same volume.
previous vehicle it would mute music and directions came thru loud and clear.
Any thoughts?
Did you check the "guidance volume" in the Waze app? If not, you need to click on the speaker icon at bottom right of the phone screen, then select "More sound options" then the "Guidance volume is located 3/4 down the screen (on an Android phone). In my NX450h+ I have guidance volume at max and it plays nicely in the head unit. Also make sure "Play sound to phone speaker" is OFF. That's all I can think off.

The sounds I don't hear well in the car are not from Waze but they are the ultrasonic guidance sensors when parking. I hear the beeps but not very loud. If anyone knows where to turn them up, please let me know, so far I could not find it (there are so many menus it is easy to get lost)!
Old 04-09-22 | 04:08 PM
BC310
Driver

Originally Posted by Earman
The sounds I don't hear well in the car are not from Waze but they are the ultrasonic guidance sensors when parking. I hear the beeps but not very loud. If anyone knows where to turn them up, please let me know, so far I could not find it (there are so many menus it is easy to get lost)!
I had the opposite problem, mine was too loud. Thankfully there is a setting to adjust. You can view the relevant thread/post here:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...l#post11265253
The following users liked this post:
Earman (04-09-22)
Old 04-09-22 | 05:22 PM
Earman
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by BC310
I had the opposite problem, mine was too loud. Thankfully there is a setting to adjust. You can view the relevant thread/post here:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...l#post11265253
Thanks, I'll adjust it ASAP!
Old 04-10-22 | 06:19 AM
raviola4
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Earman
Did you check the "guidance volume" in the Waze app? If not, you need to click on the speaker icon at bottom right of the phone screen, then select "More sound options" then the "Guidance volume is located 3/4 down the screen (on an Android phone). In my NX450h+ I have guidance volume at max and it plays nicely in the head unit. Also make sure "Play sound to phone speaker" is OFF. That's all I can think off.

Thanks. I’ll check out today. Love the car. A learning curve for sure on electronics.. at least for me.