Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What did your dealer say? I'm taking my 350 in next week. Thank you
Old 04-21-22, 02:49 PM
Itsatomic
Driver School Candidate

Thank you for the update.
Did your dealer mention what the fix is if the spot welds are missing? I'm taking my 2022 NX in next week.
Thanks-
Old 04-21-22, 04:17 PM
chuuck1e
Pit Crew

Received 96 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Itsatomic
Thank you for the update.
Did your dealer mention what the fix is if the spot welds are missing? I'm taking my 2022 NX in next week.
Thanks-
The recall notice states that Lexus does not yet have a remedy for the spot weld issue. My NX is not part of the recall, but if it was, and had missing welds, I would insist on getting a new car.

Toyota has advised the Government that it believes that very few vehicles have missing welds. https://www.autoevolution.com/pdf/ne...its-186901.pdf
Old 04-21-22, 07:23 PM
Espresso22
Driver School Candidate

Default Lemon law

This is kind of ridiculous… I chose a Lexus because of their reputation for reliability. I’m pretty angry about this lack of quality control. I thought I was crazy when I heard this weird rattle in my NX350h… Are we able to return the car if it has the welding issue? Is anyone else shocked/angry about this?
Old 04-21-22, 10:05 PM
glamglam
Instructor

Received 164 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by Espresso22
This is kind of ridiculous… I chose a Lexus because of their reputation for reliability. I’m pretty angry about this lack of quality control. I thought I was crazy when I heard this weird rattle in my NX350h… Are we able to return the car if it has the welding issue? Is anyone else shocked/angry about this?
The weld issue is also affecting some of the 7th generation ES 4 door sedans. There's a gentleman who is a member in the 7th generation ES forum who had a knocking noise coming from the rear right passenger side of his model year 2020 ES. He did an inspection and took off the plastic rocker panel molding inside his vehicle and pulled up the edge of the carpet and found that the rocker panel frame and the floor frame were missing some welds. He fixed it himself by squeezing the lips of the rocker panel and the floor panel together with a pair of pliers. There's a belief that many other 7th generation ES 4 door sedans have this weld problem. It's scary that none of the Lexus manufacturing line workers didn't notice this problem during production while these vehicles were being built at the factory. I wonder if the robots that do the spot welding at the manufacturing plant are not working properly or if they are not programmed properly to do the welds correctly? I believe that the only way for Lexus to fix the weld problem is to take back the car and exchange it for another brand new one that doesn't have this issue.

Last edited by glamglam; 04-22-22 at 06:01 AM.
Old 04-22-22, 01:43 PM
danieljchu
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I appreciate that after visiting the dealer and confirming a pass on the spot weld and the VSC software update, the app a few days later cleared the recall notice!
Old 04-23-22, 09:19 AM
gb350h
Rookie

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Just brought my 350h in for the VSC recall. even though I don't have that warning sign on the dashboard, the system still needs to be updated ASAP. the software patch can not be delivered via OTA but wired connection at the dealership through their computers. it did took a while but no complaints as they have tons of food and good coffee and super friendly staff to chat with.

Last edited by gb350h; 04-23-22 at 09:25 AM.
Old 04-24-22, 04:25 AM
Lexus22563
Intermediate

Received 89 Likes on 58 Posts

got my VSC update yesterday, Good to go.
Old 04-24-22, 10:29 AM
Espresso22
Driver School Candidate

Got my 350h inspected, spot weldings were good just VSC update and got a free car wash. Great service! I think only 40 out of 4000 cars potentially have welding issues.
Old 04-24-22, 03:41 PM
rellim
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I got my Lexus checked last week and everything was good.
Old 04-24-22, 05:50 PM
chuuck1e
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by gb350h
Just brought my 350h in for the VSC recall. even though I don't have that warning sign on the dashboard, the system still needs to be updated ASAP. the software patch can not be delivered via OTA but wired connection at the dealership through their computers. it did took a while but no complaints as they have tons of food and good coffee and super friendly staff to chat with.
My dealer no longer offers food or coffee due to COVID. When I bring my car in, I may have to sneak across the street to the BMW dealer that still offers coffee.
Old 04-24-22, 05:54 PM
chuuck1e
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by glamglam
There's a gentleman who is a member in the 7th generation ES forum who had a knocking noise coming from the rear right passenger side of his model year 2020 ES. He did an inspection and took off the plastic rocker panel molding inside his vehicle and pulled up the edge of the carpet and found that the rocker panel frame and the floor frame were missing some welds. He fixed it himself by squeezing the lips of the rocker panel and the floor panel together with a pair of pliers.
As Mr. T might say, I pity the fool that attempted to repair the frame himself. The car should have still been under warranty, and unless it had been in an accident or otherwise suffered floor damage, I would have insisted that Lexus fix the problem or buy back the car, if it truly were missing welds.
Old 04-25-22, 11:34 AM
evrinus
Driver School Candidate

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Have my dealership checked mine and all the welds are there according to the service advisor. Feel safe to hit on the road again~
Old 04-25-22, 11:48 AM
NX350FSP
Driver School Candidate

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

I got my 350 F Sport checked last weekend and everything was good. Lexus dealer inspected the spot welding, results ok. I hope everyone's NX can pass the inspection smoothly.
Old 04-25-22, 04:17 PM
twitte
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 23 Posts

I just got my car back today from my Lexus dealer. They had it for 10 days. They checked the spot welds and reported that they were all there (none missing). On the stability control recall and my reported problem with the wheels locking up when braking hard, they said everything checked out okay now. Several people from Lexus came into the dealer to check it out. They said when I brought the car in Lexus didn't have a fix for this recall item but they released the fix a few days ago and they were able to update my car. No issues now on either recall.

They filled my gas tank with gas and washed the car. They also told me whenever I have a recall and bring my car in, don't bring it in with a full tank because they always refill the customer's gas tank on recalls. I'm so glad to get my car back!

Quick Reply: Anyone got the recall notice?