NX - 2nd Gen (2022-current)

Anyone got the recall notice?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-22, 04:45 PM
Lexus22563
Intermediate

Received 89 Likes on 58 Posts

I got my VSC update and did get my gas tank topped off. Too bad my tank was already half full.
Old 04-25-22, 09:09 PM
glamglam
Instructor

Received 164 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by chuuck1e
As Mr. T might say, I pity the fool that attempted to repair the frame himself. The car should have still been under warranty, and unless it had been in an accident or otherwise suffered floor damage, I would have insisted that Lexus fix the problem or buy back the car, if it truly were missing welds.
I agree with you, but I don’t know if the Lexus dealership would’ve taken off the plastic running board and rubber insulation and lifted up the carpet to look for the loose welds.
Old 04-26-22, 05:44 AM
lsft
Racer

Received 600 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by twitte
I just got my car back today from my Lexus dealer. They had it for 10 days. They checked the spot welds and reported that they were all there (none missing). On the stability control recall and my reported problem with the wheels locking up when braking hard, they said everything checked out okay now. Several people from Lexus came into the dealer to check it out. They said when I brought the car in Lexus didn't have a fix for this recall item but they released the fix a few days ago and they were able to update my car. No issues now on either recall.

They filled my gas tank with gas and washed the car. They also told me whenever I have a recall and bring my car in, don't bring it in with a full tank because they always refill the customer's gas tank on recalls. I'm so glad to get my car back!
I don't think Canada Lexus Dealers do that... and on my PHEV.. I don't want them to fill it up...
The following users liked this post:
JBsNX450hF (04-26-22)
Old 04-27-22, 10:43 AM
cwincusa
6th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

May I know what’s your dealership in CA.
Old 04-27-22, 05:31 PM
zanewyn
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

I have heard that dealerships fill up with regular 87 octane gas regardless of model.

Last edited by zanewyn; 04-27-22 at 06:38 PM.
Old 04-27-22, 06:29 PM
Geopoz
Intermediate

Received 81 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus22563
I got my VSC update and did get my gas tank topped off. Too bad my tank was already half full.
The good part of it was that your tank was half empty.
Lexus22563 (04-29-22)
Old 04-29-22, 03:56 PM
LexFinally
Racer

Received 943 Likes on 593 Posts

Originally Posted by glamglam
The weld issue is also affecting some of the 7th generation ES 4 door sedans. There's a gentleman who is a member in the 7th generation ES forum who had a knocking noise coming from the rear right passenger side of his model year 2020 ES. He did an inspection and took off the plastic rocker panel molding inside his vehicle and pulled up the edge of the carpet and found that the rocker panel frame and the floor frame were missing some welds. He fixed it himself by squeezing the lips of the rocker panel and the floor panel together with a pair of pliers. There's a belief that many other 7th generation ES 4 door sedans have this weld problem. It's scary that none of the Lexus manufacturing line workers didn't notice this problem during production while these vehicles were being built at the factory. I wonder if the robots that do the spot welding at the manufacturing plant are not working properly or if they are not programmed properly to do the welds correctly? I believe that the only way for Lexus to fix the weld problem is to take back the car and exchange it for another brand new one that doesn't have this issue.
As an advisory to you NX board readers, I am a regular reader of the ES board and read the thread described here. While the description of the poster's problem is basically accurate, there was no discussion nor evidence there that the problem was in any way endemic on the ES.
Old 04-29-22, 11:50 PM
alvinklee
Pit Crew

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Got the recall services done. Asked them about the side mirrors. Does seem to be "normal", the technician said the driver side is worse than the right which shouldn't be the case but they can't do anything about it. The tank issue that I saw where it would go to 0 eventhough there is probably 4 gallons left. They couldn't do a thing about it.

Just noticed a nice scratch on the top area of my push to start button. Thats a nice gift from the dealership.
Old 05-01-22, 11:17 AM
twitte
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by cwincusa
May I know what’s your dealership in CA.
My dealer is Lexus Escondido (if you were asking me?). They have always filled up my tank for years now on any recalls.

The reason I wanted them to fill up my car (rather than say no) is that I wanted some fresh gas in the tank. I have been driving on the original tank of gas for the last 4 months since I bought the car.
lsft (05-01-22)
Old 05-09-22, 12:34 PM
KingKewl
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Do all Lexus dealerships suppose to fill up the gas tank when getting recall service?
Old 09-08-22, 09:21 AM
chuuck1e
Pit Crew

Received 96 Likes on 57 Posts

So I finally took my 350h in for the VSC recall, and when I was called to come pick it up, I inquired about getting the gas tank refilled. My service rep, who told me he only recently started working at a Lexus dealership, said he had not heard about the gas tank refill for recalls. He said he would talk to his supervisor, and get back to me. He called about 10 minutes later, and said they would fill the gas tank. So learning this info from this site saved me $45 on gas.

They also agreed to move the front license plate holder for me. The dealer I bought the car from had installed it off center. Luckily, the two original holes in the grill are covered by the license plate, so they are not visible.
Old 09-08-22, 09:53 AM
ct6978
Intermediate

Received 171 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by chuuck1e
So I finally took my 350h in for the VSC recall, and when I was called to come pick it up, I inquired about getting the gas tank refilled. My service rep, who told me he only recently started working at a Lexus dealership, said he had not heard about the gas tank refill for recalls. He said he would talk to his supervisor, and get back to me. He called about 10 minutes later, and said they would fill the gas tank. So learning this info from this site saved me $45 on gas.

They also agreed to move the front license plate holder for me. The dealer I bought the car from had installed it off center. Luckily, the two original holes in the grill are covered by the license plate, so they are not visible.
Lexus generally specifies in the dealer letter that announces the remedy, basically saying whether or not the normal gas fill applies to the recall. The technician may not have seen it as they perform the fix off of their technical instructions which don't mention it. I'm presuming the dealer bills Lexus for the gas. The VSC (and spot weld) recalls all included refueling.
Old 09-24-22, 07:52 AM
vincej
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would question the integrity of missing spot weld repairs as normally the welds would be done first, followed by corrosion protection and paint. Anyone know what the repair fix entails? Drilling holes and installing rivets followed by paint touch up comes to mind as a possible repair.